I Just Booked Our First Disney Cruise...

ThreeMusketeers

DIS Veteran
Now what? Are there any hidden costs that we should be saving for? Drinks/activities on board? Things of this nature??

Thanks so much!
:thumbsup2

Everything is included except for tips (server, assistant server, head server & room host, alchohol, soda at a bar or thru room service, Palo, spa, arcade, souvies...and don't forget about the porter's tips at the terminal before & after your cruise.

You can find lots of information in the FAQ thread including recent navigators to give you an idea of what will be offered on your cruise, menus, packing tips, and much more.

No hidden cost! Excursions off the ship and alcohol will cost you. Stay around here and you will get all the answers you need. There is a FAQ on this board. Read that it has a lot of helpful info in it. Don't be afraid to ask a question even if it has been asked before. The search does not work very well. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Also, look for your cruise on the cruise meet forum and talk to people who are going on the same cruise as you. You will meet so many nice people and will get to meet them on board the ship. What cruise are you taking? :thumbsup2

The costs are pretty much stated, but sometimes there is so much info that you can get lost. The tips are a significant cost, but so worth it, for ALL of the CMs listed. While room service is free, tipping is normal there, too. The for-cost drinks have already been mentioned. Excursions are extra, too, and you need to consider tips for those as well, as they're not listed. But all of this is extra. Have a great time! And keep reading and asking questions.

:dance3: WOW! Thanks! You are all so nice over here. I am so excited now! We aren't going until Dec. of '07. But I am definatly the "planner" in the family. LOL DO they decorate the ship for Xmas?

So - have you noticed you can search for your sailing date under CRUISE MEETS? There is probably a reasonably well developed group there who is sailing on your same voyage. Go on over and "hook up" with your fellow DIS mates and they will "take you under their wings" ... more or less. And there will probably be a DIS meet scheduled where you can meet one another on the ship or posssibly just before embarkation!

Otherwise, congratulations!!! ... and welcome to the "club".

:thumbsup2

I just booked our first cruise too for May 13, 2007! You sound like me! I am the planner and I'm already beginning! I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!! :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay:

Uhm, no necessarily hidden costs - but everything is very expensive on board. Our on board charges of $2,300 for the 7 day for our family of 4 were about 40% of the actual cruise fare - and we are not big drinkers (1 a day) and our kids don't drink anything but milk and water. Excursions were the biggest part of the expense followed by photographs at Shutters, tips, beverages, arcade, and Palo brunch (once). Glad that we had an AMEX closing date mid-cruise so that the bill was spread over two billing cycles!

The DW & I always splurge at the spa and the cove coffee bar. It's the only place on board you can get decent coffee except Palo. We generally book our cruises a year out. We'll also often book a cruise while we're on a cruise to get the discount.
Don't worry too much about extra costs. Just keep track of what you're spending. I think, although I may be mistaken, that you can get a print out of what your expenditures are at any time during the cruise at the customer service desk.
But most of all, you're going to love it. Have a great time.

SO EXCITED! Can't believe I have to wait this long..but I did get a good early booking rate..so thats a plus! Thanks agian everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter