I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

What a nice day! That's a perk of longer stays - you can work in a relaxed day. Oh my your dinners at HOB look so good! Especially the Jambalaya. Sounds like tomorrow is an AK day!

I've been waffling about a trip for just my husband and I in November. I really didn't think I wanted to go but your trip sounds like so much fun, now I kind of want to go. :)
My husband and I are going without the kids in December! I know I’ll feel guilty, but we haven’t had an ’us’ trip in years and just took the kids last December. Just do it!! We’re so excited to be able to just do what we want and take it slow.

It’s my first time reading through a trip report and I’m loving it! Making me super excited for our trip in December-no kids!! Taking in lots of your tips. We’re staying in a Disney springs hotel-part of what I want to do without kids is shop more! We’ve done both in the past so I’m good staying off property. Can’t wait to see what you think of Drawn to Life—I can’t decide if we want to do the Christmas party or maybe drawn to life and a starlight Safari. We can’t do all. We did the extra Christmas hours last year and not so sure we loved it?

Soooooo loving this trip report! It builds excitement for trips that soon will be here! We are leaving Thanksgiving day for a 13 day trip with our kids and Grandkids.

I’m guessing short sleeves during the day and sweatshirts/light jackets for evening? We will be swimming no matter what the temps are. We once went in January and being from Minnesota, we had to go swimming. There were some Canadian families there as well. Temps were in the 40’s and the pool guy was dressed in a big thick winter parka!!🤣. He thought we were crazy…

The HOB food looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it soon. We love Earl of Sandwich too. But we always try to make it to Chicken Guy and The Boathouse with their filet mignon sliders…delish❤️

Cant wait to read more, I have been reading your trip reports since Hunter was just a little boy!

Hey and welcome! I saw that you were at Coronado and wondered how you liked it.

We really enjoyed it. It was an adult only trip and the tower was perfect for us, except for the noisy neighbors on our last night.

es, a pair of shoestrings. Not the bright colored ones but a pair of brown which would match a pair of Converse shoes he had packed for the trip.

A very sensible purchase.

It had been a couple of years since we had eaten there and we were looking forward to our dinner.

Our waitress took our drink order and asked if we wanted an appetizer. We typically do not because the portions are large but we decided spur of the moment to order the loaded brisket fries:

IMG_3747.JPEG

OMG! This looks so good, I'm drooling!

I ordered shrimp and grits which were different than when I ordered the dish elsewhere. The grits were grit cakes. When you cut into them, the sauce around oozed into the grits. Goodness, it was good!

Both my girls love shrimp and grits.

If you have never been to the bathroom in House of Blues, you need to. Every square inch is painted differently.

Very interesting.

What a nice day! That's a perk of longer stays - you can work in a relaxed day. Oh my your dinners at HOB look so good! Especially the Jambalaya. Sounds like tomorrow is an AK day!

Given John's epilepsy, he needs some down time so over the years, our trips have gotten longer and longer. The food was wonderful!
My husband and I are going without the kids in December! I know I’ll feel guilty, but we haven’t had an ’us’ trip in years and just took the kids last December. Just do it!! We’re so excited to be able to just do what we want and take it slow.

At first I felt a little guilty and then it quickly went away. LOL
It’s my first time reading through a trip report and I’m loving it! Making me super excited for our trip in December-no kids!! Taking in lots of your tips. We’re staying in a Disney springs hotel-part of what I want to do without kids is shop more! We’ve done both in the past so I’m good staying off property. Can’t wait to see what you think of Drawn to Life—I can’t decide if we want to do the Christmas party or maybe drawn to life and a starlight Safari. We can’t do all. We did the extra Christmas hours last year and not so sure we loved it?
I'm so glad that you are enjoying it!!! If I had to choose between the two...Drawn to Life would win!
Soooooo loving this trip report! It builds excitement for trips that soon will be here! We are leaving Thanksgiving day for a 13 day trip with our kids and Grandkids.

I’m guessing short sleeves during the day and sweatshirts/light jackets for evening? We will be swimming no matter what the temps are. We once went in January and being from Minnesota, we had to go swimming. There were some Canadian families there as well. Temps were in the 40’s and the pool guy was dressed in a big thick winter parka!!🤣. He thought we were crazy…

The HOB food looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it soon. We love Earl of Sandwich too. But we always try to make it to Chicken Guy and The Boathouse with their filet mignon sliders…delish❤️

Cant wait to read more, I have been reading your trip reports since Hunter was just a little boy!
I'm glad that you are enjoying the read! We wore short sleeves almost every day and had hoodies in the backpack on days that it was suppose to be cooler at night. When we went over Thanksgiving in 2000, there was a cold front and it was cold! We all bought sweatshirts, gloves and hats.

The House of Blues is good and that comes from someone from Louisiana and knows what good southern food is.

Isn't it crazy how Hunter has grown up before our eyes!?!
Was House of Blues just food? No show?

No show this time. Just the dinner. We are hoping they bring back the show at Gospel Brunch and we'll attend.
We really enjoyed it. It was an adult only trip and the tower was perfect for us, except for the noisy neighbors on our last night.

A very sensible purchase.

OMG! This looks so good, I'm drooling!

Both my girls love shrimp and grits.

Very interesting.
I absolutely hate it when we have noisy neighbors at any hotel!

Shrimp and grits are one of my favorites!

How's your day going? Safari so good!

We were up and at 'em early the next morning and were at the bus stop early in the hopes that we would have good bus juju. The Cabanas bus stop was empty when we got there but it filled up pretty quickly as we waited on the bus. Thankfully, the wait was nothing like before and we were off to Animal Kingdom.

It was a kinda sorta overcast morning but the Tree of Life was still beautiful.

IMG_3762.JPEG

We made our way over to Kilimanjaro Safari and stopped for just pictures along the way. Yeah, we look really happy to be there don't we? We actually were, it just didn't show in the picture.
IMG_3763.JPEG

Picture number two

IMG_3765.JPEG
The picture above was taken at 8:39 a.m. and the picture below was taken at 8:49 a.m. It was practically a walk-on.
IMG_3766.JPEG

Jambo everyone!

IMG_3767.JPEG

IMG_3773.JPEG

IMG_3768.JPEG

The animals were all out and above this morning:
IMG_3774.JPEG

Continued in next post

Attachments

• IMG_3771.JPEG
    IMG_3771.JPEG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1
How's your day going? Safari so good! continued

A few more giraffe pictures before we continue on. There seemed to be more giraffes this year.

IMG_3795.JPEG

IMG_3796.JPEG

We did see more animals. I bet you were wondering if it was a safari with nothing more than giraffes.
IMG_3797.JPEG

Entering elephant country!

IMG_3798.JPEG

IMG_3799.JPEG

IMG_3800.JPEG
One was way off in the back in the picture below:

IMG_3804.JPEG

IMG_3806.JPEG

Continued in next post

A few more elephant pictures:

IMG_3807.JPEG

IMG_3808.JPEG

IMG_3809.JPEG

Flamingos on the hidden Mickey shaped island:

IMG_3810.JPEG

It is at this point in the safari that I start getting even more excited and wonder if the lions will be out. And they were!!!!! Like with the giraffes, I couldn't stop taking pictures.

IMG_3811.JPEG

IMG_3812.JPEG

IMG_3813.JPEG

IMG_3814.JPEG

IMG_3815.JPEG

IMG_3816.JPEG

Continued in next post

I wasn't the one who was snapping pictures repeatedly. Everyone on the safari was doing the same thing. There was a truck not far behind us so we needed to move on so the other guests could enjoy the lions.

IMG_3818.JPEG

IMG_3819.JPEG

Pumbas!

IMG_3822.JPEG

The rest of my safari pictures were of half an animal or they were turned the wrong way. So, I'll finish off the safari with the newest addition to the safari:

IMG_3831.JPEG

IMG_3832.JPEG

This safari was one of the best we had experienced.

Up next: Gooooooorilla time!

I love it when people add seasonal decorations to their Disney spaces! And when sweet hubbies leave sweet notes! Super cute window and great trip report :).

I love it when people add seasonal decorations to their Disney spaces! And when sweet hubbies leave sweet notes! Super cute window and great trip report :).

I really lucked up when I snagged John. LOL Your post reminded me that I need to get some new decorations for our window this year!
Great Safari! I don't think I have ever seen the lions up and about.

We've seen them up and about just one other time in all of our trips to the Animal Kingdom. I was snapping so many pictures!

Before I start this next update, I wanted to apologize for the long absence but we had a family emergency that kept me away. Mama recently rolled off her bed and busted her head open. If that were all, it might be okay. But, she didn't remember doing it and she had cleaned it up using some clothes on the end of her bed and going back to bed. She slept all day and didn't take a single dose of her medicine. She was all alone until I called her and told her that I was walking over with her supper. She wouldn't answer my phone calls and I started worrying more and more. I went over and beat on her walls and door and was pretty much screaming at the top of my lungs. She finally called out and said she had fallen. John ripped her screen door latch off and we went in to find her on her living room floor. This was around 6:15 p.m. and I hadn't spoken to her since 7:30 that morning. Bless her heart, she was sitting in the living room floor in just her shirt and underwear. At that time, I didn't even see the big cut on her head. I just saw stuff on her shirt and thought she had spilled a bowl of soup or something on her. It wasn't until John and I got her off the floor and into her recliner that I saw it. We got her dressed, cleaned up and bandaged up. The wound was not bleeding at all and had already started to close up some. She refused to go to the hospital and I told her that I was calling my sisters on speaker and we would come to a mutual decision. Because we live next to her and I could check on her every hour, we honored her request not to go to the hospital.

I've been on edge ever since and check in with her several times a day. She didn't remember what happened until four days later when Hunter asked her and she immediately replied that she fell off the bed and hit it on the nightstand. That she finally remembered what happened gave me some sort of peace simply because she remembered and wasn't "foggy" anymore.

Anyway, that's the family emergency and you probably didn't want to hear all that but I felt the need to explain why I have been gone. Let's move on to some good stuff....

Gooooooorilla time!

Given that the Gorilla Falls pathway is near the exit of Kilimanjaro Safari, we naturally went to the right and entered Gorilla Falls,IMG_3834.JPEG

The meerkats were out and about, peeking through holes, chasing one another and being mischevious meerkats. We watched their antics for a while and listened to a cast member telling guests about the meerkats.

IMG_3836.JPEG

IMG_3837.JPEG

IMG_3838.JPEG

IMG_3840.JPEG

After a while, we continued on down the trail and saw the stars of the show...the gorillas!

IMG_3841.JPEG

IMG_3842.JPEG

IMG_3843.JPEG

Continued in next post

I love the meerkats and look forward to more pictures of the gorillas. Prayers that your Mama stays safe and you and your sister find peace of mind about her safety.

I'm so sorry that Mama has had such a scare. I know it was hard for all of you. I hope she's on the mend and doesn't have another accident.

You're so lucky to get to see the gorilla's up close. When we went in June they were all hiding. The meerkats were hiding too. The CM told us there was a hawk nearby and they were staying in to avoid it.

Oh my, that must have been quite the scare. I worry so much about my 91yo father falling, and I'm five hours away, no one lives nearby. You are blessed to have your mama so close. So, maybe time for some sort of alarm or camera system?

I love the gorillas. I could sit and watch them for hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter