I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Love in an elevator...living it up while going down!

Up next on our list of things to see and do was Tower of Terror! It took me years and years and trips and trips before I would get on Tower of Terror. My kids like to tell the story of the first time I rode it. They had already ridden with John and they finally talked me into riding it. Hunter and Lacey stayed outside the exit while John and I rode. They said that they were praying for me the entire time we were gone. They just knew that I would freak out. But, I didn't! I loved it and went back on it a second time that same day.

So, now, Tower of Terror is a must-do for me. We got in line and I took this picture at 12:42 p.m.
IMG_3395.JPEG

and then took more while we moved through the line:

IMG_3396.JPEG

IMG_3397.JPEG

IMG_3398.JPEG

IMG_3399.JPEG

IMG_3400.JPEG

The next picture I have was taken in the pre-show area and it was taken at 1:21 p.m.

IMG_3401.JPEG

I didn't think that was a long wait time at all.
IMG_3403.JPEG

At the time of this visit, we were still required to wear masks when indoors:

IMG_3404.JPEG

Continued in next post

Love in an elevator...living it up while going down! cont'd

We exited the pre-show area and were in the boiler room for a short period of time before we were in our elevator.

IMG_3405.JPEG

I lost count how many times we went up and down but it seemed like more than usual. It was so fun! We were loving an elevator, and living it up while going down! We survived!
IMG_3406.JPEG

We took a look at the wait time for Rock n Rollercoaster and it was a long wait so we decided to skip it. We would be going back to Hollywood Studios a couple more times so we'd save it for another day.

As we were walking along, I got a call from Lacey asking about the hotel reservation that I had made them at their halfway point in the drive. I sent her the screenshot and we chatted for a little bit. They were getting more and more excited as they counted down the days until they would join us at Disney!

IMG_3407.PNG

**Up next: Come on shake your body, let's do the conga!

Love your trip reports. So easy to read as I love all the details.
Living vicariously through you..

Hope your trip continues to be a lot of fun.

Hi Lisa :wave:I'm so glad to see you have another trip report going. I think I've read them all through the years. I have to say I was surprised to see you aren't staying at Caribbean Beach. I just stayed there last month and the Sky Liner is just the best. I can't wait to hear all about Coronado Springs as I've never stayed there before.

So glad the kids will be joining you this trip. Family trips are just the best!

I am not a germaphobe by any means but we were/are in a pandemic. These were the safety measures Coronado Springs was taking? I didn't like it at all!
Eek, I'm cringing at the open food as well! That would be bad any time but especially in a pandemic.
Hollywood Studios is not known for its out of this world good food; however, we have always gotten something decent at ABC Commissary.
We tried ABC Commissary for the first time on our last trip and I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the food there as much as I did! We were seeking A/C.

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Lisa :wave:I'm so glad to see you have another trip report going. I think I've read them all through the years. I have to say I was surprised to see you aren't staying at Caribbean Beach. I just stayed there last month and the Sky Liner is just the best. I can't wait to hear all about Coronado Springs as I've never stayed there before.

Hey! I am glad you are here again! If I had been able to get the special rate at Caribbean Beach, we'd have been there in a heartbeat. But, it wasn't available so we went with Coronado Springs since it was the only other moderate available.
So glad the kids will be joining you this trip. Family trips are just the best!

It had been several years since Jesse had been to WDW and Tabitha's first ever trip.

Awesome TR so far! How was the bus situation at CS? Did you find that full buses often passed by? How many stops are there total?

Awesome TR so far! How was the bus situation at CS? Did you find that full buses often passed by? How many stops are there total?

Thank you! The buses ran fairly well the first few days. I have to say that we were very disappointed with the bus service for the most part of our stay as were many other guests. There were some grumpy guests at the bus stops. There are four bus stops.

Last edited:
Come on shake your body, let's do the conga!

Once we left the Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster area, I checked the app and the wait time for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Rail Train was pretty decent so we headed in that direction.

Ya'll, I've already explained my droopy face but let me touch on John's seemingly grumpy face. He does know how to smile. He is having fun. He just doesn't show it much in pictures. Well the ones that I ask him to smile for. You'd think that he was a grumpy grump but he's really not.

IMG_3408.JPEG

In no time at all, we were in the preshow area, then boarding our railcar and having fun with Mickey and Minnie!

IMG_3409.JPEG

IMG_3410.JPEG

IMG_3411.JPEG

IMG_3414.JPEG

IMG_3416.JPEG

Once we started whirling and twirling, the pictures were blurry but we didn't care because it was so fun! I loved the part where Daisy Duck was leading the conga dance! (see blurry)

IMG_3418.JPEG

I do miss The Great Movie ride but also agree that they needed to either spruce up the scenes or totally start all over again. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway is fantastic!

I'm going to stop here on this one because I can't fit enough pictures in to continue on but know that the next installment is a short one.

**Up next: Honey, will you get the key for me?

Honey will you get the key for me?

One of the things that we really like about longer trips is the fact that we can skip an attraction if it's too busy and come back to it later on in the trip. Today, we skipped a good bit but were okay with it. We meandered over to Star Tours which was another attraction with a short wait time.

IMG_3420.JPEG

IMG_3421.JPEG

IMG_3422.JPEG

IMG_3424.JPEG

We shared a cabin/ship/whatever it is called with a group of folks who were having the best time. They would scream and laugh but it was good screaming and laughing. Not the obnoxious kind of guests who roll your eyes when you realized that they were in the same cabin as you. John and I would laugh each time they would. It made it even more fun!

We didn't have a real plan for what to do next and walked over to the shopping area in Star Wars Land.

IMG_3425.JPEG

IMG_3426.JPEG

You guys...I have no clue what I was taking pictures of but the atmosphere is cool!

We ended up backtracking and making a bathroom stop outside of Muppetvision 3D. Since we were already in the area, we decided to visit with our favorite Muppets. But, first, honey, would you get the key for me? For those of you who don't know, there's a key hidden under the mat at the attraction entrance. It's glued down, of course, but it's there. (edited to add: the finger was not intentional and has no meaning at all)

IMG_3430.JPEG

I love the preshow area at Muppetvision 3D. There is so much stuff to look at and the details are too funny!

IMG_3431.JPEG

IMG_3432.JPEG

IMG_3433.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Um, we're fighting. I didn't know you started this TR and look how far behind I am.:rotfl2:

I can't believe you weren't Landry's Select members before! I guess I assumed you were. We joined maybe 5 or 6 years ago? It's super handy and the discounts are great. I'm glad you're finally in the club!

I love your report so far. Sorry you didn't get into CBR with the discount, but I get it. I have to say though, the rooms at CSR look kind of plain to me. I very much dislike that when Disney is re-doing the resort rooms, they are taking away some of the "magic." I love the silly, fun Disney stuff they add. It seems the most lacking at CSR so far (from the pictures I've seen.) The rest of the resort still looks awesome though.

I was laughing that you didn't know the names of all the Star Wars stuff, but happy to hear you still appreciated it! We are all Star Wars lovers in our house, but I know not everyone is. Galaxy's Edge is so incredible though. glad you appreciated it!

Also, now I have Love in an Elevator stuck in my head, so thank you very much. :rolleyes1

Um, we're fighting. I didn't know you started this TR and look how far behind I am.:rotfl2:
Put your dukes up girl! Naw, you know I wouldn't fight you. All that matters is you are here now.
I can't believe you weren't Landry's Select members before! I guess I assumed you were. We joined maybe 5 or 6 years ago? It's super handy and the discounts are great. I'm glad you're finally in the club!

I don't know why we hadn't joined years ago. We go to either T-Rex or Rainforest every trip.
I love your report so far. Sorry you didn't get into CBR with the discount, but I get it. I have to say though, the rooms at CSR look kind of plain to me. I very much dislike that when Disney is re-doing the resort rooms, they are taking away some of the "magic." I love the silly, fun Disney stuff they add. It seems the most lacking at CSR so far (from the pictures I've seen.) The rest of the resort still looks awesome though.

That's one of the things that I thought about CSR rooms too. They looked even more bare that the other resorts. I think it was the long desk instead of a table. I have to say though that I loved having an actual chair in the room. One that you could relax in.
I was laughing that you didn't know the names of all the Star Wars stuff, but happy to hear you still appreciated it! We are all Star Wars lovers in our house, but I know not everyone is. Galaxy's Edge is so incredible though. glad you appreciated it!
Everything looked really really cool. I just didn't know what I was looking at.
Also, now I have Love in an Elevator stuck in my head, so thank you very much. :rolleyes1

Love me some Aerosmith so I'm fine with that stuck in my head.

Hope you have and will have a lovely time at all your resorts. Never stayed offsite (we made a mistake and stayed at Polynesian our first trip when WDW just opened. Years later tried to save money on moderates then DVC came calling) but really like Split Stays when on property...it's like a new vacation with each move. And new amenities! (Love the Disney individual stuff...at least as long as they have it).
There are so many Bonnet Creek lovers and I enjoy reading their reports because I've never been and yet pass it (the sign) all the time on way to D. Springs.

Your girls are adorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter