I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

You had me with this...

The Cable Car - Rocky road, chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream smothered with creamy marshmallow topping and hot fudge, with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and a Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate:
IMG_0340.jpg

This is the sundae that Andrew and I shared. Lots of chocolate – so good!

But then when you added this...

The Gold Rush - Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate:
IMG_0338.jpg

Oh my, that looks and sounds so incredibly delicious! :cloud9: I am soooo kicking myself right now for not going to Ghirardelli during our day at DTD. :sad:

Oh my, that looks and sounds so incredibly delicious! :cloud9: I am soooo kicking myself right now for not going to Ghirardelli during our day at DTD. :sad:

Don't worry, there's always next time! The good thing about sundaes at Ghirardelli is the gooey hot fudge. So lovely!

Betsy, I am sure enjoying your reviews. Loved the pictures of Ghirardelli.

Why thank you! Glad you are enjoying them :goodvibes

Riverside Mill Food Court – Breakfast, Dinner, and Dessert (June 12th)​

This was basically a free day for me, since I only had a housing meeting at 2:30. We got up early again and headed over to Riverside for breakfast after the semi-fiasco of Everything Pop.

My Mom had Oatmeal and a Cinnamon Roll:
IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

Her cinnamon roll was really good! Perhaps you’ll remember, but I kept having issues with hard cinnamon rolls that stuck to the plate. Looks like they’ve corrected the problem. This was really soft and filled with delicious cinnamon goodness.

Andrew had Oatmeal with Berries:
IMG_0389.jpg

Andrew loves his oatmeal, so he was one happy camper.

Quick note here: Apparently milk is free if you get COLD cereal from the cereal bar. Who knew? Also, you can only get small packets of peanut butter from the bakery… but they normally charge for them. Lame.

My Dad had Eggs and Hash Browns:
IMG_0388.jpg

Apparently the Cast Member thought this was an omelet. We realized she had rung it up incorrectly and overcharged us after we had eaten. It wasn’t a big deal though, so we just left it. As for the food, my Dad liked it. The hash browns could be a little more crispy though.

I had my favorite:
IMG_0387.jpg

Kid’s Mickey Waffle Plate with Strawberries and Sausage!
I learned my lesson on my previous trip. No bacon for me and strawberries instead of apple sauce. I don’t think this could get much better.

This was a great breakfast. I could literally eat Mickey Waffles every single day. Afterwards we headed to Walmart to pick up groceries and other various necessities. I then went to my housing meeting and my family picked me up afterwards. We headed back to Riverside and shared this…

Cheese Pizza:
IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Apple Slices:
IMG_0395.jpg

Breadsticks:
IMG_0393.jpg

This was a really excellent dinner! The pizza was very reasonably priced; much cheaper than ordering the individual ones. It isn’t the best pizza in the world, but very good by Disney’s standards (unless you are eating in Italy at Epcot). I really love the “breadsticks,” which are basically just garlic bread. They also come with marinara dipping sauce and are only $3 – what a deal! Notice those apple slices. Our meal wouldn’t be complete without a “healthy” portion. ;) These were actually pretty good and weren’t brown or rotted like the grapes normally are.

Dessert time! This was our final meal before my family departed. Thankfully they will be coming to visit in the fall!

Andrew and my Dad shared the Cherry Crisp:
IMG_0412.jpg

This must have been delicious because it was gone in a matter of seconds. They usually have different kinds of crisps each night and I’m sure they are all just as good.

My Mom and I shared a Hot Fudge Sundae with Vanilla Ice Cream:
IMG_0411.jpg

Yum! Really good and decently sized (plus much cheaper than Ghirardelli).

Wow, totally didn’t realize that I only consumed food from here on the 12th. You can tell we really like this place! :lmao:

Riverside Mill is one of our favorite places to eat. There are so many choices and lots of options when dining here. Plus the food and service is always excellent and there is a ton of seating to choose from. Because of this, we give the POR food court a…
jack.jpg

'ello Andrew! Nice job with the guest dining review! That was funny to see an Angelica with your review rating! I'm just saying.... :laughing::laughing:

Betsy: I'm a huge breakfast fan so once again, those mickey waffles have me drooling! I will NEVER miss an opportunity to nibble on some of those. The fruit at Riverside Mill always looks so fresh in your dining photos.

I have not seen a cherry crisp in any other dining review so that was a delightful first! I love canned cherries, yellow cake mix and a TON of butter all baked together. So yum!

Now for the mom type question: Do you stay in a dorm? Just trying to picture Disney housing and I'm envisioning Stacy TV and towel animals on your bed. :rotfl:

'ello Andrew! Nice job with the guest dining review! That was funny to see an Angelica with your review rating! I'm just saying.... :laughing::laughing:

Betsy: I'm a huge breakfast fan so once again, those mickey waffles have me drooling! I will NEVER miss an opportunity to nibble on some of those. The fruit at Riverside Mill always looks so fresh in your dining photos.

I have not seen a cherry crisp in any other dining review so that was a delightful first! I love canned cherries, yellow cake mix and a TON of butter all baked together. So yum!

Now for the mom type question: Do you stay in a dorm? Just trying to picture Disney housing and I'm envisioning Stacy TV and towel animals on your bed. :rotfl:

Andrew says thanks! And yes, Angelica was dying to make an appearance :lmao:

Your cherry, cake, and butter concoction sounds amazing! I may have to give that a try.

We stay in apartments near DTD. There are 3 different apartment complexes for CPs and 1 for international students. I really like where I live and will be posting pictures on my blog. Sadly, there are no towel animals... perhaps I can learn to make them while I'm here :laughing:

Hollywood Hills Theater – June 14th​

My first Disney food of the College Program! One would think this would be exciting, until you find out that I ordered this:

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

Nachos

Yup. Nachos. My roommate and I went to DHS for the evening and it began to rain once we got there. We headed over to Animation Academy and did meet and greets for about an hour. The lines were a bit long, but we met some awesome characters. Once the rain let up we rode some attractions and then it was time for Fantasmic! I didn’t have enough time to grab an actual meal before the show, so I went with these inside the theater.

How shall I describe them? Very salty with nasty, bright yellow cheese sauce that tasted incredibly fake and kind of like plastic. Thumbs down on this one guys… :sad2:
blackbeard.jpg

Too bad… I love nachos and thought these would be good until I actually tried them. Take my advice and only stick to popcorn.

Well mates, since I have been so busy with training and whatnot that that was actually the last time I was in a park. So far I have only been to MK and DHS for a few hours. Shocking I know! I'm going to the Magic Kingdom in a bit and will be eating over there. Can’t wait!

Glad I found this so I can follow along on your adventures and that will help remind me to keep an eye out for you when we get to WDW in Oct.

Ghirardelli!! YUM!!! We always try to make sure we visit at least once when we're there. Just a couple weeks ago we were in Chicago and there was a Ghirardelli there. We almost didn't go, but then I was able to convince the hubby that even though we'd had a very filling lunch, I always had room for ice cream. We didn't get a sundae, but just a waffle bowl of rocky road, but it was still so good and had us thinking of Disney!!

Thanks for letting me be nosey! :lmao:

Anyhoo.... I am going to admit, right here in a publi forum that I actually like that cheese goo! :rotfl2: Of course, I prefer my cheese goo on tortilla chips with jalepenos. Mmmm.... :thumbsup2

Speaking of Animation Academy - I have had some of the BEST character interactions in all of WDW there with the Queen of Hearts and Sorcerer Mickey. Priceless.

Thanks for continuing to update and allowing us to get a front row seat even though you are busy with your CP. :hug:

Glad I found this so I can follow along on your adventures and that will help remind me to keep an eye out for you when we get to WDW in Oct.

Ghirardelli!! YUM!!! We always try to make sure we visit at least once when we're there. Just a couple weeks ago we were in Chicago and there was a Ghirardelli there. We almost didn't go, but then I was able to convince the hubby that even though we'd had a very filling lunch, I always had room for ice cream. We didn't get a sundae, but just a waffle bowl of rocky road, but it was still so good and had us thinking of Disney!!

Thanks for joining in! Definitely stop by Splash while you're here in October. Ghirardelli is so good and that's awesome that there is one in Chicago. You can never go wrong with a waffle bowl full of rocky road!

Thanks for letting me be nosey! :lmao:

Anyhoo.... I am going to admit, right here in a publi forum that I actually like that cheese goo! :rotfl2: Of course, I prefer my cheese goo on tortilla chips with jalepenos. Mmmm.... :thumbsup2

Speaking of Animation Academy - I have had some of the BEST character interactions in all of WDW there with the Queen of Hearts and Sorcerer Mickey. Priceless.

Thanks for continuing to update and allowing us to get a front row seat even though you are busy with your CP. :hug:

So funny! The cheese would probably have been better with jalepenos - it definitely needed a kick. I have never seen the Queen of Hearts! That's awesome.

It's been very rainy here today, so I had time to write a few more reviews. There is a tropical storm nearby... Good think me ship is docked pirate:

Columbia Harbour House – Dinner (June 22nd)

This past Friday was my day off. After sleeping in, I pondered over my options and decided to go to the Magic Kingdom! Unfortunately it began to rain when I arrived, but I still had a fantastic time regardless. After watching a few indoor shows and going on Pirates of the Caribbean (it’s impossible for me to skip this one!) I went to Columbia Harbour House for dinner.

I absolutely love the theme of this restaurant – all the décor is nautical and it places you right in the middle of a ship. My favorite place to sit is on the second floor in an alcove of sorts. It is right above the walkway from Fantasyland to Liberty Square and makes for some excellent people watching.

IMG_0534.jpg

After an internal debate, I decided to have the Lobster Roll with potato chips:
IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

My roommate had this on our previous trip and loved it, so I really wanted to have my own. I have to say that I was slightly disappointed, however. First off, this was $10.49! Way too expensive for the small amount of food I got. Secondly, there was too much bun and not enough filling. It definitely felt like the bun was stuck in my chest; it was quite heavy… On the other hand, the flavor was spot on. I haven’t had very much lobster in my lifetime, but this is so good! Next time I think I’ll stick to the delicious deep fried shrimp – yum, so healthy! :laughing:

This receives a …
barbossa.jpg

Oh I love CHH

The sandwiches are usually fab and DH loves the fish basket and the shrimp :goodvibes

I haven't tried the lobster roll yet

I wanna try the Salmon next time we visit :)

Let me just tell you what I tell most people when I see them talking about the CHH Lobster Roll, if you ever have a chance to come to New England and try a real lobster roll...please do. Please don't let that be your only lobster roll experience because that is not a good representation of what we have here. First, that has way too much mayo and the lobster in that, you almost can't see it. Lobster rolls should have huge chunks of lobster.

Here is a photo of one from the place right near my office. (It's not even 9am and my mouth is watering.)
lobsterrollsm2.png

Now doesn't that look yummy?

Hey Betsy, thanks for the update. Sorry you were disappointed with your lobster roll at CHH. It is one of our favourite CS places but I have heard there is quite a variety in the standard of the lobster roll there.

Oh I love CHH

The sandwiches are usually fab and DH loves the fish basket and the shrimp :goodvibes

I haven't tried the lobster roll yet

I wanna try the Salmon next time we visit :)

The Salmon looked really good when I was there. I love all the variety they have added to the menu. The shrimp is so good!

Let me just tell you what I tell most people when I see them talking about the CHH Lobster Roll, if you ever have a chance to come to New England and try a real lobster roll...please do. Please don't let that be your only lobster roll experience because that is not a good representation of what we have here. First, that has way too much mayo and the lobster in that, you almost can't see it. Lobster rolls should have huge chunks of lobster.

Here is a photo of one from the place right near my office. (It's not even 9am and my mouth is watering.)
lobsterrollsm2.png

Now doesn't that look yummy?

Wow, that looks so good! Much better than mine. If I'm ever in New England I'll be sure to try a real lobster roll :thumbsup2

Hey Betsy, thanks for the update. Sorry you were disappointed with your lobster roll at CHH. It is one of our favourite CS places but I have heard there is quite a variety in the standard of the lobster roll there.

Yes, CHH is definitely one of my favorite places at the MK. I think the lobster roll could be fabulous if they just made a few adjustments.

Plaza Ice Cream Parlour – June 22nd

After dinner I rode Space Mountain and declared it time for dessert. The rain had finally begun to letup, so the Main Street Electric Parade was going to start soon. As I glanced at the menu I noticed a new item: All American Sundae! I was going to try this, but I had been craving cookies and cream ice cream all evening and they wouldn’t make a substitution. I promise I will try it soon though – it looks awesome! Since I wanted cookies and cream, I went with…

The Plaza Sundae with Cookies and Cream ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry served in a freshly made waffle bowl.

Now, I did have a bit of a wait to get my sundae. I was 2nd in line and the CM called out a Cookies and Cream Plaza Sundae. A boy near me ran up and she gave it to him. After the man in front of me received his ice cream, I waited for about 10 other customers to get their food. The CM knew I had been waiting a while so she asked me for my receipt and after looking at it, immediately proceeded to make my sundae. Yay! She felt really bad for the amount of time that it took, but I told her that it was no problem at all and thanked her. I’m glad that I was the one that had been waiting rather than someone else – I’m sure most other guests would have been upset/annoyed and taken it out on her. Now that I know how much work goes into everything, I have gained so much more respect for all the Cast Members. With my sundae in hand, I hurried through the drizzle to the Main Street Bakery eating area.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

Heaven. This was absolutely delicious. Cookies and cream with hot fudge is one of the best combinations on the planet. My waffle bowl was interesting… half of it was crunchy, while the other half was a tad soggy. Not sure what happened there, but it was still good.

I rate this a…
jack.jpg

Oh and this only cost $5.11. Much cheaper than most sundaes and just as delicious! After I had finished my ice cream, I hurried over to the Barber shop to grab a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Luckily the rain had stopped and it was only delayed by a few minutes. A great way to end the day!

Hi there Betsy. The lobster roll looks good. ;) Sorry it wasn't as yummy as anticipated. At least you tried something new. Thanks for the photo of the upstairs dining area - I've always wondered what that looks like and now you have satisfied my curiosity. ::yes::

Your cookies & cream ice-cream sundae looks wonderful - at least the hot fudge, cherry, whip cream, and waffle bowl! :love: I love to eat just waffle cones since I can't really eat too much ice cream. I'm odd, I know. :scratchin

BTW: I made it over to your blog and love the photos of your apartment. I went to enter a comment but my google log in wasn't working so..... just wanted you to know that I think your blog is soooo cool and informative!!

I'm looking forward to more my little Splash Mtn CM! :goodvibes

You are killing me with your ice cream photo, I am just eating breakfast at my desk and somehow oatmeal is just not as appealing as a great big bowl of ice cream :laughing:

I always love reading reviews from an insider! ;) Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! Thanks for reading; glad you are enjoying them! :goodvibes

Hi there Betsy. The lobster roll looks good. ;) Sorry it wasn't as yummy as anticipated. At least you tried something new. Thanks for the photo of the upstairs dining area - I've always wondered what that looks like and now you have satisfied my curiosity. ::yes::

Your cookies & cream ice-cream sundae looks wonderful - at least the hot fudge, cherry, whip cream, and waffle bowl! :love: I love to eat just waffle cones since I can't really eat too much ice cream. I'm odd, I know. :scratchin

BTW: I made it over to your blog and love the photos of your apartment. I went to enter a comment but my google log in wasn't working so..... just wanted you to know that I think your blog is soooo cool and informative!!

I'm looking forward to more my little Splash Mtn CM! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the positive comments! You can never have too much ice cream :laughing: I do love waffle bowls though - so delicious. I'm so glad you're reading my blog and that your enjoying it :goodvibes

You are killing me with your ice cream photo, I am just eating breakfast at my desk and somehow oatmeal is just not as appealing as a great big bowl of ice cream :laughing:

Haha! I apologize for taunting you with delicious ice cream photos. Ice cream > oatmeal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter