I Hear a Rumor… PrincessBetsy is in Walt Disney World–A DCP Dining Review *9/24

Hi...joining in! Congrats on the CP and Splash! Sounds like it will be a blast!

Those kids meals look great there! I'll add that on my things to try list!

I am excited to be following your reviews for two reasons....first, my son wants to get into the Disney college program in another year and I am scoping this out for him, and second, I was also at the Blackbeard festival in Hampton VA this year...so you're a neighbor! Best wishes to you.

Hi...joining in! Congrats on the CP and Splash! Sounds like it will be a blast!

Those kids meals look great there! I'll add that on my things to try list!

Ahoy there mate! Thank you so much and thanks for reading! Kid's meals are usually a surprisingly good deal.

I am excited to be following your reviews for two reasons....first, my son wants to get into the Disney college program in another year and I am scoping this out for him, and second, I was also at the Blackbeard festival in Hampton VA this year...so you're a neighbor! Best wishes to you.

WOW. That's awesome!!! :goodvibes There were some ridiculous storms at the festival; I can't believe that there was a tornado. Does your son know what role he would like? If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Good Luck on your DCP. I think you will have a good time working Splash Mountain. I have enjoyed your review so far. Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Well, since we will be in WDW in less than two months....:banana:...and since we love Splash Mountain....I will be sure to say hello to a fellow DISer!!!!

Love the review of Riverside Mill. We will be staying at POR as well and that make-your-own-pasta looks awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Good Luck on your DCP. I think you will have a good time working Splash Mountain. I have enjoyed your review so far. Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Thank you :flower3: There is a lot to learn, but I really love working at Splash. Thanks for coming aboard!

Well, since we will be in WDW in less than two months....:banana:...and since we love Splash Mountain....I will be sure to say hello to a fellow DISer!!!!

Love the review of Riverside Mill. We will be staying at POR as well and that make-your-own-pasta looks awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

Sweet! That's awesome that you will be here in less than 2 months. Can't wait to meet you!

I'm sure you will love POR. I have pics in my last dining review of our room if you'd like to check them out. :thumbsup2

Earl of Sandwich – Lunch (June 11th)

Once my family was reunited, we moved my belongings into my room and decided to have lunch. What better place than Downtown Disney? Earl of Sandwich it is! :banana:

We decided to share sandwiches here because we had plans to have ice cream later… mwahahaha. :cool1:

Andrew and my Mom shared this sandwich:
IMG_0335.jpg

Ham and Swiss - Roasted Ham with Swiss cheese and Earl's mustard sauce
This is definitely their new favorite sandwich. They really liked the mustard sauce with the ham and swiss.

My Dad and I shared the All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato:
IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Yum! This was so good. I absolutely loved the cranberries on the sandwich; the only thing I didn’t like was the tomato.

We also order Potato Salad and Baked Chips as two sides:

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

The chips were meh, but I don’t really care for baked chips as it is. My parents liked them though. We all really liked the potato salad! It wasn’t overly dressed and had the perfect amount of seasonings. Definitely a good side item!

We all absolutely love EOS. It is a great place to have lunch or dinner while in Downtown Disney. The line can get long at times, but just wait it out – it will move pretty quickly. There isn’t a whole lot of seating inside, but there are plenty of seats outside, as well as some along the water. If you enjoy sandwiches, then you definitely need to come here!

This receives a…
jack.jpg

Coming up: Ice Cream Time!

Splash Mountain is so cool! Congrats!!! Loving the reviews and can't wait to hear more.

Jill in CO

Congrats on the Splash Mountain assignment, that's awesome! I love your reviews so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you at SM, it'd be great fun to be able to say hi to you! :woohoo:

Thanks for the updates! Mmmmmm the turkey and roast beef kid meals look good - except those limp veggies with the roast beef. No bueno. :eek:

I am in LOVE with EoS!!! :love: They are opening one at DTD in CA (Disneyland) so I will finally have one that I don't have to wait to go to FL or Vegas to visit.

I am looking forward to reading more!

Congrats on the college program and working at Splash Mountain!! You're going to have a blast!! I just saved your blog to my favorites so I can keep up with your adventures and subbed to your dining thread to keep up on the food. :thumbsup2

The sandwiches at EoS look fantastic! I've never been there but I might need to visit in August. Can't wait to read more and I love your rating system. pirate:

Loving your reviews. Congrats on your position at Splash. We will see you in August :thumbsup2

Lucky you working on Splash Mountain. :cool1:

great start, Earl is fab. Just wish I was hungry enough last time to enjoy it.

Splash Mountain is so cool! Congrats!!! Loving the reviews and can't wait to hear more.

Jill in CO

Thank you! I'm really excited to be working on Splash, even if it is one of the most complicated attractions.

Congrats on the Splash Mountain assignment, that's awesome! I love your reviews so I'll definitely keep an eye out for you at SM, it'd be great fun to be able to say hi to you! :woohoo:

Thanks!! I would love it if you came to visit me. :goodvibes

Thanks for the updates! Mmmmmm the turkey and roast beef kid meals look good - except those limp veggies with the roast beef. No bueno. :eek:

I am in LOVE with EoS!!! :love: They are opening one at DTD in CA (Disneyland) so I will finally have one that I don't have to wait to go to FL or Vegas to visit.

I am looking forward to reading more!

Haha, I felt the same way about the veggies - plain nasty. I didn't know they were opening an EOS over in Disneyland. That's spectacular! Now you won't have to fly all the way over to Florida to get a sandwich. :rotfl:

Congrats on the college program and working at Splash Mountain!! You're going to have a blast!! I just saved your blog to my favorites so I can keep up with your adventures and subbed to your dining thread to keep up on the food. :thumbsup2

The sandwiches at EoS look fantastic! I've never been there but I might need to visit in August. Can't wait to read more and I love your rating system. pirate:

Thank you! I'm having such a good time already - can't wait to actually start working on my own. And thanks for reading my blog, which you'll hopefully find entertaining!

You definitely need to try EOS in August! One of the best quick service places, especially if you're on the dining plan. I promise that you will never look at a sandwich the same way again.

Loving your reviews. Congrats on your position at Splash. We will see you in August :thumbsup2

Thanks! Would love to meet you :goodvibes

Lucky you working on Splash Mountain. :cool1:

great start, Earl is fab. Just wish I was hungry enough last time to enjoy it.

Yes indeedy! Splash is such a great attraction - I love talking to the children because they are usually so excited to ride it. EOS is so good! Wish I was having that tonight... too tired to make the trek over there though. Leftovers it is! :upsidedow

Ghirardelli – June 11th​

After sharing some sandwiches we needed a sweet treat. Onward to Ghirardelli! (Awesome Tip: go to the chocolate shop next door and you will get a free candy, yum!). Since we weren’t completely starving (and because the sundaes are a bit overpriced…) we decided to share.

The Cable Car - Rocky road, chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream smothered with creamy marshmallow topping and hot fudge, with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and a Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate:
IMG_0340.jpg

This is the sundae that Andrew and I shared. Lots of chocolate – so good!

IMG_0339.jpg

The Gold Rush - Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate:
IMG_0338.jpg

This is what our parents had. There was so much peanut butter and hot fudge in the bottom – darn delicious! Could potentially induce a sugar coma.

These were both excellent sundaes! Very rich, with plenty of toppings. These aren’t the best deal for sundaes though; you can get a pretty good amount of ice cream at various quick service places for about half the price. The other problem with this restaurant is the limited seating, which will sometime force you to eat outside: 95 degrees + ice cream = melted soup.

Taking all that into consideration, we give this a…
barbossa.jpg

Up next: Guest Writer!

I can't believe I have only just spotted this thread
I love your reviews and it's so cool that you are going to be working at Splash Mountain :)
Count me in for your yummy reviews

The Ghirardelli sundaes all look delicious - I usually skip Downtown Disney entirely, but all these reviews of WPE, Earl of Sandwich, and Ghirardelli are really tempting me! :thumbsup2

EoS is one of our favorite places - but we rarely venture next door for sundaes because of the prices.

I just started following your blog - looking forward to hearing more about the college program and about your experiences!

I can't believe I have only just spotted this thread
I love your reviews and it's so cool that you are going to be working at Splash Mountain :)
Count me in for your yummy reviews

Hi Linda! Thanks for joining in! :thumbsup2

I still need to catch up on your review... So sad :sad1:

The Ghirardelli sundaes all look delicious - I usually skip Downtown Disney entirely, but all these reviews of WPE, Earl of Sandwich, and Ghirardelli are really tempting me! :thumbsup2

Haha, sorry for all the temptation. You should definitely go to DTD on your next trip - so much good food. I really want to go to WPE while I'm here too because everyone always raves about it.

EoS is one of our favorite places - but we rarely venture next door for sundaes because of the prices.

I just started following your blog - looking forward to hearing more about the college program and about your experiences!

I feel you! That ice cream is so overpriced - we would have probably paid close to $50 if we had each gotten our own sundae.

Thanks for following my blog! Hope you enjoy it :goodvibes

Everything Pop – Dinner (June 11th)

‘ello everyone! After DTD we headed back to get my apartment in order. Since my family was only staying for a few days, I decided to spend the night with them. Because we were at Pop, we went to the food court there. This time I will not be writing the review…. My brother, Andrew, will be doing the honors! Since I’ve been so busy, he gladly helped me out. I’ll just be jumping in to provide descriptions, pictures, and comments in parenthesis. Here we go!

Starting off with the post, I would just like to say that I was thrilled when Betsy asked me to chime in about our experience at the resort. I have little to no experience when it comes to describing meals, but here goes.

We were a little more tired than our usual journeys to WDW with getting Betsy all settled, so we had been dragging along all day. This then resulted in taking a small nap and hanging around the room for an hour or so in the late afternoon. After we had recharged a little, we went over to the main dining area called Everything Pop, but for this meal, it seems appropriate for the title of the dining area to be called Everything Deflated. (haha, good one!)

My Mom and I both had Kid’s Mac and Cheese with Grapes and Chocolate Pudding:
IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

I’m sure that Betsy has described my love of Mac & Cheese on her previous reports, so it is only right for me to do so again. And as usual, it tasted great! Nice and creamy with that great cheddar taste too! My Mom also had Mac & Cheese, but it was a little too heavy for her, so she didn’t eat it all.

My Dad and Betsy shared Parmesan Chicken with Tossed Salad and Breadstick:
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

According to them, it was cooked a little too long and was dry (darn right; I don’t think chicken could get any more tough). All in all, this part of the meal wasn’t too good for the others in the group, but Mac & Cheese anywhere on property is always great, resulting in approval from me.

Because Betsy reads quite a bit about the parks and discovers good desserts to try, we figured we might as well head over to the dessert area for some sweets! Betsy stayed at the table to guard our chocolate pudding, which will most likely raise questions in your folks’ minds, but I won’t get into it (hey now, chocolate pudding is delicious and I didn’t want to lose our awesome booth table… the food court makes for some interesting people watching).

So my mother, father, and I made our way over to the goodies! As we waited in line and got closer to the front, we could see that about seven or eight people were still waiting for their ice cream, and they didn’t look very cheery. The staff seemed to be very disorganized, with a lot of chaos and confusion while pushing orders out. But that was the problem; they couldn’t push any orders out, causing a back up and a lot of waiting. There were two people behind the counter making the desserts and were both “earning their ears,” but there wasn’t a trainee nearby and they both looked like they were just placed into the situation without any previous training whatsoever. One of the employees would first greet guests and write down their order and name on a piece of paper and then enter into the computer. Every item they did get to the customer seemed to be incomplete or incorrect, nor was the staff familiar with the offerings on the menu. The other cast member would then call out the names to gather the waiting patrons after finishing an order. One gentleman was called and didn’t receive the correct milkshake. Other guests returned their food due to the hot fudge not being on the correct sundaes or other ones were lacking it. Again, it just seemed that the person training them had jumped ship and left them to fight back a kraken attack. (Just trying to keep a pirate twist to the review) - very clever Andrew, if I do say so myself.

We chose to order two chocolate milkshakes, one for myself and the other for my dad. My mom had an apple blossom, while Betsy had a pecan tart. It all tasted fine, but the process took far too long, about half an hour for a rather small order. So we went back to the table and enjoyed our nice treats.

Chocolate Milkshake:
IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

Apple Blossom:
IMG_0376.jpg

Basically an apple pie wrapped up in dough.

Pecan Tart:
IMG_0375.jpg

I hope this wasn’t too much for you, I tend to write in circles, but I think I accurately described the experience without too much “wordiness.” Take care folks!

Well guys, there you have it. And yes the dessert was good, but the wait was over 45 minutes… I’m pretty sure they went and milked the cow out back, churned it into ice cream, added flavoring, and let it freeze before they served it. I would ONLY come back here for dessert if there is little to no wait.

And with that Everything Pop gets a…
Angelica.jpg

And that’s only because the mac and cheese was good, along with my pecan tart.

Coming up: Back at the Mill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter