I have to Drastically cut costs, Are there any deals to stay Cheap at Timeshares??

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
I have gone from planning to dispare!! I need to do a true budget deal even if it's for a timeshare presitation.

Can you help??

tink2dw said:
I have gone from planning to dispare!! I need to do a true budget deal even if it's for a timeshare presitation.

Can you help??

What are your dates?

I do not know what you consider a good price. Skyauction is great. We got vistana resort 2 bdrm for 90 per night w/tax. Other have gotten it for less and one poster got it for 71 per night a couple of weeks ago. Also if you want dirt cheap sometimes you can take a tour. Just be sure you go with one of the NAME chains such as Sheraton, Marriott or Hilton. There is a website that lists all the deals but I hope someone can post it since I cannot remember it.

Here's a second vote for SkyAuction. Check out their READY SET GO auctions. We stayed a week in a two bedroom at Orange Lake a year or so ago for $260 including all taxes. We then stayed another later time for a week in a 1 bedroom at Silver Lake for $250. Depending on when you can go...this is a great way to cut costs. Of course...prime weeks are usually not available when you want. But if you are traveling at a slow time, these are great.

Also...keep an eye on Travelzoo.com which lists the best travel deals on the internet. Each week they release new ones.

Best of luck to you.
HeatherC

tink2dw said:
We want to go Dec 1-10, 2006

Through RCI I see weeks at Orange Lake Country Club and Vistana. The 1BR's are $350. and the 2BR's are $400.

We are staying at Westgate Lakes for 8 nights, 7 days for $525 for a two bedroom, and we are going next week which is peak season. I know this place gets bad reviews, but I have been probably 7 times now and I have never had any problems. The only issue I have ever had is when the cleaning staff changed the pillow case on my personal pillow. We called housecleaning and they found it right away and brought it back. I would highly recommend Westgate, as long as you can sit through a timeshare presentation.

Good luck!
Heidi

I stay for weeks each year in a condo for about $125/week through Skyauction. I bid on the auction to get a certificate for one week through getaway weeks and also a certificate for $100 off my next Skyauction win. I apply the certificate to my next win. A bid of around $205 (plus $20 in fees) will win most of the time.

I like variety so stay at different resorts. There are so many nice ones and it is hard to find much fault when paying under $20/night.

We did a vacation rental by owner for our vacation. We were very pleased. We used vacationrentals.com, but there are lots of other places. We had a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo for $515 including all fees. The same condo is a lot less during off season. If you PM me I can give you the info for the one where we stayed, if you're interested. It was only about 10 minutes to Disney, but there's no shuttle service. We got a great deal on a rental car-less than taking a shuttle to and from the airport! Check the transportation boards for discount info.

I vote for trying Skyauction, too. We've already booked a 2BR condo at Orbit One for December 9-16 -- it was $266 through the Ready, Set, Go auction.

I need to check out those Getaway weeks, though -- didn't realize what a good deal they were with the certificate!

Orbit One & Silver Lake are coming up for that week in Dec. They both get very good reviews.

bearzabout said:
I stay for weeks each year in a condo for about $125/week through Skyauction. I bid on the auction to get a certificate for one week through getaway weeks and also a certificate for $100 off my next Skyauction win. I apply the certificate to my next win. A bid of around $205 (plus $20 in fees) will win most of the time.

I like variety so stay at different resorts. There are so many nice ones and it is hard to find much fault when paying under $20/night.

Could you give a little more info. My husband does skyauction but I do not understand how you do what you do. What is a certificate for getaway weeks? I nver saw this on there and then you get another cert for 100 off?? I am confused. But then again that is not hard to do :rotfl:

if you snag silver lake....be prepared to pay an additional charge now for housekeeping....over and above what you pay on the skyauction win

Originally Posted by bearzabout

I went to Skyauction.com What a mess!! I couldn't make heads or tales of it?? Even ebay isn't this bad.

We have done skyauction 2 times now. I didn't know about the getaway either! Someone help us out and explain where to find it!

We DID sit through a presentation for an extra $80 once.....would MUCH prefer a certificate!

Dawn

Bella the Ball 360 said:
Could you give a little more info. My husband does skyauction but I do not understand how you do what you do. What is a certificate for getaway weeks? I nver saw this on there and then you get another cert for 100 off?? I am confused. But then again that is not hard to do :rotfl:

lawgs said:
if you snag silver lake....be prepared to pay an additional charge now for housekeeping....over and above what you pay on the skyauction win

lawgs, thanks for the info. on silver lake.
Do you know if any other Orlando/Kissimmee properties add housekeeping fees as well?
Thanks

riu girl

that is the only one we have come across so far, but it seems some of the points resorts have the same policy

the costs range from 15 - 50 if not mistaken, the bigger the unit the more housekeeping costs

if you are a fairfield owner i think they have so many "free" housekeeping chits and then if they go over that they have to pay for housekeeping...

you might want to check the one you are going to stay at to see if they "charge" in addtional to what you have already paid....i think i remember you saying you got farfield orlando at cypress "something"

no one likes surprises and RCI does not always have up to date information as to the workings of the resorts in their inventory

til then

smilawgs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter