I have no clue, Please help

Disney Anna

DIS Veteran
My sister would like to spend her 40th birthday taking a Disney Cruise. It would be in May 2007. Participants: Sister, her husband, 2 kids, 13 and 14 at time of cruise. Plus, myself and my husband.

We are thinking about taking the 7 night Western Carribean.

What rooms should we book? (4 in one room and 2 in other).
What category?
Can we pick where room is situated on ship?
What is best way to book? I am a AAA member. Does it help to get AP?

Anything else we should know.

I'm interested in saving money, but not at expense of us getting sick or being uncomfortable. I cruised once before and learned it's better to be in center of ship and higher level.

Any help would be appreciated.

AAA gives a discount and onboard credit. We have always been told the lower levels in the middle are the best for motion sickness.

We booked last year through AAA and were satisfied. I've been told that some of the on-line TAs (such as the one sponsoring this) can get you a better deal, AAA has always done well on our vacations. Book early--especially in consideration of dining times but also to assure that you get the room that you want. We booked late and so the choice of staterooms was very limited. The middle of the ship is best if you get motion sickness. The category depends upon your circumstances--such as cost. Since you have teens and adults, I would suggest one with a veranda and, since you have to book another room, an inner across from it. You'll probably find that at any given time there aren't that many people in the room, especially with teens. We had a category 9 (oceanview window) and were happy with that since we didn't spend a lot of time in it. However, we probably would have enjoyed more time in it had we been able to sit out on the verandah. Costs tend to rise not only with room accomodations but also as cruise time approaches, so the sooner you book, the better (AAA has no control over this). Hope this helps.

Curt

P.S. You may want to have the webmaster move you to the main board rather than here on the cruise meets--you'll probably get more responses from people who have far more advice and experience than I can offer!

Curt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter