I have a TMI kids club question

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
Ok - i know this is very tmi but dh and i were talking about this the other night and i've decided to ask.

dd is 3 - potty trained so that's fine - she can go pee by her self and wipe herself, dress herself and wash her hands no problem.

but and here's the tmi part she's 3 so she doens't have the whole cleaning herself after pooing down.

so my question is - what happens :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

we're starting to work with her now and have her call us when she did poo and not just jump off the toilet and run through with a dirty bum but what do they do in the kids club?

should i return once an hour or two to take her to the bathroom? should i keep reminding her to get them to page me to come if she's gone poo and i'll wipe her bum or do they do it? :scared1:

i was a day care teacher for years and when i worked with the very young children we used to help them but what happens on the ship?

i know it's too early for tmi questions but there it is:dance3:

thanks.

Ok - i know this is very tmi but dh and i were talking about this the other night and i've decided to ask.

dd is 3 - potty trained so that's fine - she can go pee by her self and wipe herself, dress herself and wash her hands no problem.

but and here's the tmi part she's 3 so she doens't have the whole cleaning herself after pooing down.

so my question is - what happens :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

we're starting to work with her now and have her call us when she did poo and not just jump off the toilet and run through with a dirty bum but what do they do in the kids club?

should i return once an hour or two to take her to the bathroom? should i keep reminding her to get them to page me to come if she's gone poo and i'll wipe her bum or do they do it? :scared1:

i was a day care teacher for years and when i worked with the very young children we used to help them but what happens on the ship?

i know it's too early for tmi questions but there it is:dance3:

thanks.

I have no personal experience but I do know the CM's are not allowed to help in anyway with bathroom functions.

I am sure people with post that have personal experience with this.

MJ

On our first cruise my daughter was 3 years old. We faced the same situation. Disney policy says "Potty Trained" but they really mean "Totally Potty Independent." The child must be able to perform everything not only including the act but must wash and redress themselves. The counselors can provide no assistance. Plus, pull-ups are not allowed at anytime.

Here's how we worked it.
1. We picked activities from the Navigator that we thought she would enjoy.

2. We would ensure our DD used the restroom in the stateroom then we would take her to the Club. Always before we left we asked her if she needed to go again.

3. Once in the Club we took her over to the restroom and showed her the workings. Plus we told the counselors that she is quite a quiet child. So, if they see the Happy Dance to encourage her to go.

4. We ensured she wore clothing that without zippers, snaps, etc as the counselors cannot help. She did use the restroom

5. Once there we left her for no more than 2 hours or so. We would go pick her up for family time, etc.

The counselors are great at observing children so they will give you a page if they sense your child has a need (LOL). But they will not go into the restroom to wipe. We did not observe any accidents in the club so I can't say how they would handle them. Nor do I know how they would handle if your child went poop and came out soiled or sat there yelling for Mom. It helped that my DD was like clockwork. She went poop every evening between 5pm and 5:30pm. So we didn't have to worry about that issue.

Overall, just relax. Nature will work itself out with a little cooperation between the counselors and yourself.

My advice (works for girl) is to be sure they are wearing a simple dress -- Much easier to go in that --

My DD was 3 - and I made sure she had a sundress type thing on when she went to club -- made the whole process easier- and faster too -as she had a tendency to wait until the last minute when it was an emergency..

We did not observe any accidents in the club so I can't say how they would handle them.

If an accident occurs they will page you. Your childs clothing will be sent out to laundry (no charge), and your child will be wearing a pair of large sweat pants!!

I am told accidents (of all kinds) happen all the time. This happened with my 7 year old..he waited too long and well..didn't quite make it! They are really wonderful about it. Just bring back the sweat pants once your child is in their clothes again. In this case there was no need to wipe ...so they just gave him new bottoms. In the case of soiling I am sure they would page you.

interesting thread. My DD is trained and fully independent but I think I would be worried about her getting in and out of a one piece bathing suit by herself.
It is definitely something we need to consider

My DD is trained and fully independent but I think I would be worried about her getting in and out of a one piece bathing suit by herself.

Why is DD wearing a one-piece to the club? Not being snarky, just curious as to what activities they would need a suit for? Maybe CC?

Where does it say they need a suit for? I'm not comfortable anyone else taking her swimming.

Why is DD wearing a one-piece to the club? Not being snarky, just curious as to what activities they would need a suit for? Maybe CC?

The Club will not take your child to the pool. They rarely leave the Club.

Nor will they take them to the beach at Castaway Cay. The area at Castaway Cay is quite a distance from the beach. There are some water play type activities there (water tables, etc).

I believe the previous poster was alluding to the fact that some children do wear bathing suits around the ship. Many just pull shorts or skorts over the bathing suits. I guess it saves time.

oh - ok

well - we have about 80 days to try to teach her what to do

dh didn't want her to spend the entire day in the club (thought i think she may have issues with leaving LOL) so we'll just make sure we have her timing down and go take her for "family" time then swimming then take her back

:)

thanks for all the posts.

We actually got paged out of Palo because our DD3 went #2 and wanted help wiping. We called after we got the page and although it had only been a few minutes, she had figured it out and was out of the bathroom. We had worked with her on it before leaving, but she just preferred for someone to help her. We quickly finished dinner and picked her up, but at that point there was no need to hurry.

My dd 4 is in the exact same place!! She is totally independant and will go when she feels the need... just sometimes she still wants help with the #2 swipe.
I know she will be fine, we will just have to take it as it comes and not sweat the small stuff!
Enjoy your cruise!

Our daughter is completely independent potty trained, but she had an accident on the very first night. They were great, and did give her shorts to wear and gave her wet clothes to us in a bag.

Since you still have 80 days before you go, I have a suggestion that might help a little. Our daughter found it harder to wipe with toilet paper. So we purchased those flushable wipes. She only uses them when she poops, but they help make her cleaner. And we encourage her to use those before asking us to help her to wipe. Just a thought. Good luck with everything. You'll have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter