I have a question regarding transferring and banking

Lady V

<font color=339933>I kept waking up so hot!<br><fo
ok-I hope this makes sense...
I have two master contracts with an August use year. ( Divorce and other reasons...)
My mom just bought a contract with a Dec use year. All of our contracts are at SS. She recieved her 2006 points and wont be able to use them so she said she wants to give them to me. Here is my question-bear with me if I word it crazy-
I am wanting to go ahead and book a trip that I wanted to use her points for. I can't reach her today and so I was wondering if I use some of my 2007 points to book it, and then next week she transfers the points to my account.....would I be able to bank the points from her for next year? Or would they have to be used by a certain date? Hope that made sense...
thanks so much...

Hi Veronica:

Yes you can bank transferred points.

You would be bound by normal banking deadlines and percentages.

-Tony

Hi Veronica:

Yes you can bank transferred points.

You would be bound by normal banking deadlines and percentages.

-Tony

Thank you so much. I actually just got off of the phone MS and they told me the same thing. I was coming back to update my post and you had already answered. Thanks!! The Dis is faster than MS!! Of course, we all know that!! Anyways, I went ahead and booked SS for March 10-17 and this will be the first and (only!!) trip without my kids. I graduate this year and I am wanting to maybe go exploring around Orlando and stuff because I am hoping to relocate there after I graduate. I feel sad to go to the world without them though. I already feel so guilty. is this normal?:guilty:

Thank you so much. I actually just got off of the phone MS and they told me the same thing. I was coming back to update my post and you had already answered. Thanks!! The Dis is faster than MS!! Of course, we all know that!! Anyways, I went ahead and booked SS for March 10-17 and this will be the first and (only!!) trip without my kids. I graduate this year and I am wanting to maybe go exploring around Orlando and stuff because I am hoping to relocate there after I graduate. I feel sad to go to the world without them though. I already feel so guilty. is this normal?:guilty:

It is completely normal!

Go and enjoy (it isn't always easy to do)

My DW and I had 5 years without a vacation (Both finishing a residency) with a little buddle of joy, now 14!, and we felt so guilty going to a conference for 3 days. We called Morning, Noon and Night to coo to our little girl, and we looked at each other and said, "Never again!"

Fast forward to December 2005 at VWL, we gladly and happily 'incarcerated out three kids in the Cub's Den at VWL, and had an adult only gourmet meal, and did the park ourselves for a couple of hours!

We looked at each other and said, "Why didn't we do this before!"

All the best,

-Tony

It is completely normal!

Go and enjoy (it isn't always easy to do)

My DW and I had 5 years without a vacation (Both finishing a residency) with a little buddle of joy, now 14!, and we felt so guilty going to a conference for 3 days. We called Morning, Noon and Night to coo to our little girl, and we looked at each other and said, "Never again!"

Fast forward to December 2005 at VWL, we gladly and happily 'incarcerated out three kids in the Cub's Den at VWL, and had an adult only gourmet meal, and did the park ourselves for a couple of hours!

We looked at each other and said, "Why didn't we do this before!"

All the best,

-Tony

We have gone to The Homestead in N. Michigan and they have a set up similar to Cub's Den, except you can also drop them off for half or full days as well as a dinner set up! It was very nice. I just might try that cub's den on one of the trips for my 2 DS's. Just mention Homestead to elder one and he'll bring up the kiddie camp,like it was jail. To the 5yr old it's like a kiddie cocktail/dinner party!

Have absolutely no guilt dropping them off for an adult dinner!

I really had no problem travelling on business when elder was younger, actually felt a little guilty that I enjoyed the few days without the family.

ok-I hope this makes sense...
I have two master contracts with an August use year. ( Divorce and other reasons...)
My mom just bought a contract with a Dec use year. All of our contracts are at SS. She recieved her 2006 points and wont be able to use them so she said she wants to give them to me. Here is my question-bear with me if I word it crazy-
I am wanting to go ahead and book a trip that I wanted to use her points for. I can't reach her today and so I was wondering if I use some of my 2007 points to book it, and then next week she transfers the points to my account.....would I be able to bank the points from her for next year? Or would they have to be used by a certain date? Hope that made sense...
thanks so much...

Her points will retain the use year and resort. Would you need to bank the points you transferred from her? Or could you use them by Nov 30, 2007?

perhaps OT, call me crazy...

isn't there a stipulation as to # of points you can transfer & bank into your account each year...

as in only double the amount of annual contract?

very likely i'm wrong but, thought i did read that somewhere here.:confused3

perhaps OT, call me crazy...

isn't there a stipulation as to # of points you can transfer & bank into your account each year...

as in only double the amount of annual contract?

very likely i'm wrong but, thought i did read that somewhere here.:confused3

Not Yet, there isn't. Just the enforced, one transfer per Use Year Rule.

Anyone want a 1156 point transfer? (Just Kidding, I'm out of points until April 2009)

-Tony

I think the stipulation is that you can only transfer in OR out once a year not specifically any number of points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter