I have a new ticker!

arieljasmine

<font color=magenta>Who says these things pass you
I have a new ticker! We have just booked our flights in the Virgin Atlantic sale for Eric's first trip to WDW! I am so excited! And we are going for our longest time ever - just over three weeks!

Any tips for travelling (and doing Orlando) with a one year old much appreciated - Eric has his first birthday two days before we go.

Laur's xx

Laur's, I'm really excited for you - and, I have to admit, just a tad disappointed. I really thought we might finally get a chance to meet up if you were going in October. I take it you will be coming back before we arrive on the 19th?

Sorry, no tips for travelling with a 1-year old except to say only take as much baby stuff (nappies etc) with you as you need for the journey and emergencies and buy the rest out there - you have probably found that babies and their associated paraphernalia take up so much room :rotfl:

Great news Laur's! :cheer2: Have a fantastic time out there and enjoy the planning in the meantime. :thumbsup2

Thats great news Laurs, enjoy planning your trip.

How exciting!

Just a few thoughts

- use the 'baby swap' or rides you both want to do but Eric doesn't!
- if you take plenty of nappies it's more free room in the case coming back for your shopping!
- Take plenty of memory cards for your camera.
-just take your time! You have a wonderfully long trip planned so just go with the flow. I knows ours are older but we still prioritise what we want to do most at the parks and everything else is a bonus.
-don't be surprised if he is happiest in the pool or running round the hotel/villa (he might well be mobile by then!) You know kids - the wrapping paper is sometimes more exciting than the gift inside!
-consider getting a photopass so that you can gets lots of family photos (I seem to have only about 2 from Molly's first trip of her and I as I'm the photographer)
-Is he having his own seat? If so order a baby seat from Virgin it just clips onto the ordinary seat.
- Don't be surprised even after a character all you can eat buffet mid- morning if he still looks for lunch!

You will have such a magical trip! have fun planning :)

what brilliant news, how exciting for the three of you, would love to see some piccies of Eric xx

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. We are actually going for just over three weeks - we are thinking of a week on property, two weeks in a villa and three nights at the end at the Hard Rock. That being said, we don't leave until 22 October, so Joh, hopefully we can arrange to meet! I would love that as we always seem to just miss the meets.

Thanks for your tips so far, keep them coming. I have certainly realised how much paraphenelia babies have!

Here are a couple of piccies of my tiny man:

Eric101.jpg

DSCF0597.jpg

Laur's xx

Excellent news Laur's:thumbsup2

Eric is looking so cute.

We might manage a Dis meet, we are there from the 15th:cool1:

Eric is gorgeous Laur's :) Brilliant news about your holiday, lots of planning to do for your first family trip to the World :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter