I have a friend who I'm trying to convince to book a DCL trip at the same time as us

lucasmommy

Earning My Ears
My DH, son and I are doing a 7day DCL cruise in October. A good friend of mine is single and he's a pretty solitary person. I'm trying to convince him to book at the same time, knowing that he would never travel on a trip like this TOTALLY alone. He's a bit uncomfortable with 1) the idea of traveling solo & 2) being around so many strangers (he's got social anxiety).

Has anyone ever travelled alone on DCL? What kind of time did you have? What did you do? My friend is a night owl, so he'd probably keep slightly different hours than my hsuband, son and I, staying out late and getting up later in the morning, which is fine with us. Would have have a good time alone, do you think?

I need input!!

Amy

I've never been on a cruise myself. Do you mind if I ask how much it would cost for one person to take the cruise?

Ray :)

of $1667 for air (Harrisburg, PA to Orlando), cruise in category 11 and transfers. That's a pretty good price. There was also a $50 rebate I believe, but he had to book the trip, fully paid, within 4 days of receiving the quote to get that price. I thought it was a pretty awesome price, as I expected it to be almost a thousand more.

Thank you. I hope that someone else can help you. If it was me, I would probably go.

Ray :)

I was on the cruise line in March with my niece. I think 1600 is very reasonable
but it may be the time of the year you are going. I inquired about a solo for march
and was given a very different price almost double that. I know that some TA will try to
find some one to share with you. In my case my niece went with me and all worked out.
I would not mind sharing a room with a stranger male or female if we met first.
there is lots to do and really you (at least I was ) are only in the room from 11 pm
earliest and back up and out by 8 am. At dinner you can be seated together or if he prefers alone. Their are alot of single people doing different things during the day as the kids are in the clubs. My advice if he wants to be alone but wants to cruise tell him to get a room with a veranda and order room service which is not extra and he can have his solitutde and the enjoyment of a wonderful vacation.

Did you post this question on our Cruise Board, too? You might get some more replies if you do.

<b>CRUISE BOARD</b>

Katholyn

Lucasmommy: I took the cruise with DD, 6, last year and now, in dec, I am taking a 4 day cruise as a solo traveller. DD surprised me spending a long time at the clubs (she doesn't speak english, but it didn't matter). I found that I could stay quietly on my own or meet other people, whatever I preferred at the moment. The good thing about the cruise is that there is so much to do and you can simply choose what suits you most. I ended up spending a good time at the spa, taking long walks along the decks, sunnying in the pool and... having fun at the clubs. I also managed to have wonderful quality time with Dd. So this is a experience I really recomend to anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts