I Got to See Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom

I've seen nothing either that says what it will be but thinking one "video" implied quick service. Always felt like Tiffins was their idea of TS by Pandora. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Maybe Tiffins is, what they meant when they said new TS at Pandora. I will try to get clarification.

Can't wait to see it..........on youtube. lol No plans to spend $$$ to rush and see it. Will wait for all the new lands and depending if WDW has not completely lost their minds on pricing then we will go. Thanks to future youtubers who do go though!:D

Thank you for sharing about Pandora. Unfortunately, I'm missing the opening by 3 days! We booked our trip last year so didn't know when it would be open. :ccat:

I recently got to see the new Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. It was so exciting! I shared my experience today at http://jonesfamilytravels.com/pandora-the-world-of-avatar/2017/02

I was never excited about Avatar coming to Disney. After seeing it, I am counting down the days until opening in May! I know you guys are excited, too. I wanted to share my experience with all of those Pandora fans. :)

I saw you and the family in Di's (beingmommywithstyle) vlogs. So far it looks like it was a great conference. You two are the only vloggers I follow that we're there.

Although I know absolutely nothing about Avatar/Pandora (is it about aliens or something? I remember seeing blue creatures on the ads when the movie came out), the scenery looks like it will be spectacular and I am always up for more rides! I assume the bioluminescence will be fake, not living bioluminescent critters in the water, but Disney does things well, so I am sure it will look good. (I loved swimming in one of the BioBays in Puerto Rico back when that was still allowed.)

Yes, it is supposed to be living! It's not fake! There was a post about it here somewhere but I don't have it bookmarked.

Yes, it is supposed to be living! It's not fake! .
Pandora and everything on it was designed by Disney “imagineers” in collaboration with James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment. They worked together to create everything from the floating islands to the bio-luminescent forest. Disney even took out a patent on the bio-luminescent concept.

I searched for anything that said whether the Satu’li Canteen was a TS or QS restaurant but didn't. Sounds like you did?

I've seen nothing either that says what it will be but thinking one "video" implied quick service. Always felt like Tiffins was their idea of TS by Pandora. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Yes it is only a quick service with Tiffins being the TS to anchor the area.

Although I know absolutely nothing about Avatar/Pandora (is it about aliens or something? I remember seeing blue creatures on the ads when the movie came out)....

Avatar is a sci-fi movie that takes place on a world (actually I believe it is a moon) called Pandora. The native people of Pandora are the Na'vi, the very large blue-skinned people. They are somewhat primitive and very in-tune with the nature of their world. They and the animals as well possess a neurological bond that can be accessed through contact of an organ at the end of what appears to be hair (or a tail or other appendage in animals) and can link their minds this way. When they ride the "Banshees" as we will on the Flight of Passage ride, they link to it to maintain control (but it's a two-way street). The trees and plants also share in this link, so it's like a network that encompasses the entire planet.

That's really all you need to know as far as what they are presenting at Pandora in the parks. The movie is about corporate interests from Earth wanting to mine on Pandora and causing all kinds of problems. The titular "Avatars" are large Na'vi bodies that humans can project their thoughts into (like a remote controlled drone, but they are biological, not robotic). They are used as a method of earning the native's trust and better communicating with and studying them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter