I Got to See Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom

JonesFamilyTravels

Mouseketeer
I recently got to see the new Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. It was so exciting! I shared my experience today at http://jonesfamilytravels.com/pandora-the-world-of-avatar/2017/02

I was never excited about Avatar coming to Disney. After seeing it, I am counting down the days until opening in May! I know you guys are excited, too. I wanted to share my experience with all of those Pandora fans. :)

Wow how exciting for you. I would love to be there for opening day but DH hates to be in the parks with crowds, so it is going to have to wait a bit!

I recently got to see the new Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. It was so exciting!
Yes it is. I've also watched it go from flat ground, to one of the most complex steel structures I've ever seen at WDW, to the installation of the hundreds of rock work modules and into what it is right now.
Amazing! Do you know if Pongu Pongu is a quick service or table service?
I believe the OP is incorrect. From what I know, Pongu Pongu is not a food location, but is a drinks location with the Satu’li Canteen being the primary dining location.

I recently got to see the new Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. It was so exciting! I shared my experience today at http://jonesfamilytravels.com/pandora-the-world-of-avatar/2017/02
I was never excited about Avatar coming to Disney. After seeing it, I am counting down the days until opening in May! I know you guys are excited, too. I wanted to share my experience with all of those Pandora fans. :)
Not necessarily a Huge Avatar fan, but I'm anxiously awaiting the opening as well. Something new is always a good thing:thumbsup2.

What is the flying ride? Like soarin, or VR? or actually a "flying" ride?
I think there's a big screen like Soarin, but a lot more movement (since the ads show the cliff dive)
While you are sitting on a Banshee (that's supposed to feel like a living, breathing creature)

Although I know absolutely nothing about Avatar/Pandora (is it about aliens or something? I remember seeing blue creatures on the ads when the movie came out), the scenery looks like it will be spectacular and I am always up for more rides! I assume the bioluminescence will be fake, not living bioluminescent critters in the water, but Disney does things well, so I am sure it will look good. (I loved swimming in one of the BioBays in Puerto Rico back when that was still allowed.)

Amazing! Do you know if Pongu Pongu is a quick service or table service? We will be there the weekend it opens!!

Yes it is. I've also watched it go from flat ground, to one of the most complex steel structures I've ever seen at WDW, to the installation of the hundreds of rock work modules and into what it is right now.

I believe the OP is incorrect. From what I know, Pongu Pongu is not a food location, but is a drinks location with the Satu’li Canteen being the primary dining location.

ETA: There is only counter service and a drink stand in Pandora. No TS.

Last edited:
I searched for anything that said whether the Satu’li Canteen was a TS or QS restaurant but didn't. Sounds like you did?

I've seen nothing either that says what it will be but thinking one "video" implied quick service. Always felt like Tiffins was their idea of TS by Pandora. Guess we'll know soon enough.

I searched for anything that said whether the Satu’li Canteen was a TS or QS restaurant but didn't. Sounds like you did?

Edited. There is only counter service and a drink stand in Pandora. No table service.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter