I got my 40th Anniversary shirt today

connie1042

DIS Veteran
I received mine today. I am happy with it. At least I got something that says I was aware of the 40th Anniversary. Anyone else get theirs today?:banana:

I received mine today. I am happy with it. At least I got something that says I was aware of the 40th Anniversary. Anyone else get theirs today?:banana:

Got mine Monday. I am happy that I got one, but the quality is AWFUL! Very thin material.

I saw and felt the material of the 40th anniversary shirt at the Haunted Mansion event at the Contemporary around a month ago.

By far, in my opinion, the material was woefully inadequate. The material used in this shirt was razor thin and I could just envision it potentially shrinking and just not holding up after continued use.

I am so glad I did not purchase the shirt.

Got mine Monday. I am happy that I got one, but the quality is AWFUL! Very thin material.

I received mine on Monday as well. You are correct, the quality of the shirt is dismal. Also the shirt I ordered is blue print on a black shirt so you really can't see what's printed on the shirt. Also, no date of the event - 10/1/2011.

I received a survery from the Disney Store asking me to rate my shopping experience. I did tell them that I was not happy about the quality of the shirt. Probably will not make any difference.

I received mine on Monday as well. You are correct, the quality of the shirt is dismal. Also the shirt I ordered is blue print on a black shirt so you really can't see what's printed on the shirt. Also, no date of the event - 10/1/2011.

I received a survery from the Disney Store asking me to rate my shopping experience. I did tell them that I was not happy about the quality of the shirt. Probably will not make any difference.

It took me 4 times on their website/app to try an order the shirt. Finally, I had the order in, the site was processing my card and their system popped up with "call Customer Service to complete your order." Which, in fact, was not to complete the order, but place it over the phone! Grrrr. :confused3

I was there in September and I got a pin...that's enough for me.....and since you all seemed displeased with your shirts, I won't order one.

You never know. I answered one of those surveys that I was not happy with the service (after 2 tries, they still did not send me the correct item.) I got a personal call from someone with the Disney Store. It turned out they didn't have the item any more (an embossed ABD leather picture frame) and they said I could keep the wrong item (a non-embossed leather picture frame) and they gave me a refund and a store credit for my trouble. I was pretty satisfied with the resolution. (I'd've been happier if they'd actually got me the item, but what can you do?)

Anyway, people *do* look at those surveys. I wouldn't be surprised if something did come of it.

Sayhello

I got mine too. I am not impressed with the quality of the shirts. I have a vast collection of Disney shirts and this is the cheapest quality shirt by far.
:(

I don't like the new trend in t-shirts. It's not just Disney, it's all over. I have shirts from 5-10 years ago that are still in great shape and fit well, yet shirts I bought in the last year are already out of shape and aren't cut as nicely. Mediums from 5-10 years ago fit, now I have to buy a large.

Glad I didn't buy one of these.

:wizard: Geez.............my first thought was "this is beautiful".

My sister and I both just got ours this week:cool1: since we leave in 2 days and it's her 40th b day on Fri next week:cheer2: I'll probably wear a white tank under it but not too worried about this thinness of the material because after this vacation it will sit in a drawer until my next vacation so it won't be worn very often.

I wondering if any of you have returned the t-shirt because the quality is so bad?

Why reward Disney for producing a product of such bad quality? They can have good quality products it cost just as much to make t-shirts of good quality as bad. It's a shame.

Never recieved mine. I ordered the first monring it was available. 12 days ago I got an email that it had shipped. Was down at Disney just the other week so completely forgot about it. Realized yesterday that I still hadnt recieved it. Checked the tracking info and there was nothing connected with the number they had sent me. I notified them and teir response was 'sorry we sold out'

you sold out but sent me a shipped notification?? horrible customer service. Pisses me off, but hearing the quality of the shirt I guess getting a refund is better then giving them 30 for a crappy quality shirt.

I have not bought a Disney t-shirt in years. Some of the designs are cute, but I am not spending $25-$30 on something I will wear once.

Shame on you, Disney!

MonkeyPants, I'd call back to the Disney Store. I had the same issue with my women's shirt (received tracking info, but it matched to nothing, and still no shirt), and they finally found that package and rerouted it to me (got here today... a month after ordering it, awesome!!). The men's shirt I ordered never even sent a number to me, and got that one sent to me yesterday, to arrive within 8-10 days.

I got my shirt, and one for DD, 13.
We didn't have a problem with the thickness of the design, and I do think it is pretty.
But we found both of ours to be too short. I got the extra large and she got the medium. When I held them up, they looked like "belly" shirts.:mad: The length of mine is the right length for DD, but of course it is way too wide for her. Actually, the medium is too wide for her, but I was trying to size up for the length, both for her and myself.

I'm not sure what to do, as I like the design and like having something from the 40th. I could wear something under it, I suppose. What I really want is the shirt I ordered in a normal t shirt length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter