I got called for Jury Duty again... How many times have you been called.

I've been called 12 times between Missouri and Florida. I've served on multiple juries both civil and criminal. It is a bit inconvenient, bit I find it very interesting.

The I was dismissed a couple of times. Once because I had already booked and paid for a vacation. Another time, I was scheduled for a major surgery.

Got another jury summons for a state where I don’t live anymore. Apparently they are doing this via zoom. I can still get excused cause I don’t have residence or does that not matter anymore?

Got another jury summons for a state where I don’t live anymore. Apparently they are doing this via zoom. I can still get excused cause I don’t have residence or does that not matter anymore?
Are there numbers to call to notify them you are out of state? For mine if I've moved from the county (for at least county trials) there's a number for the Jury Coordinator to call.

Are they looking at voter registration or driver's license information that you haven't updated?

Are there numbers to call to notify them you are out of state? For mine if I've moved from the county (for at least county trials) there's a number for the Jury Coordinator to call.

Are they looking at voter registration or driver's license information that you haven't updated?

I filled out the questionnaire and put where I live and work. I’m gonna call anyway. When I filled out the info a few months ago on the jury questionnaire, my county wasn’t listed in the pull down, just the counties from that state. I think that’s where the screw up is. The notice I got today was the actual summons to show up on X day either in person or zoom.

I live in a small county of about 35,000 people. Around 1995 or so I got a summons for jury duty. I was pulled for Grand Jury. For a year. We met every month or two. Apparently I asked too many questions because I was appointed foreman the second half of the year. I had to be excused from a murder case because I knew the defendant’s girlfriend and she called me right after it happened.

My dad got called for jury duty and when he found out who the victim was he was like "ummm that is my daughters boyfriend" and was quickly excused LOL.

Woo hoo! I got excused! When I called the court this morning, the person I talked to was just as flabbergasted as I was that they summoned me especially when I told her I hadn’t lived in that state for almost 18 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter