I got AP5 for $313!

nelson84

Mouseketeer
I phoned Disney this morning and got the AP5 rate for $313 downtown disney view! Would you call disney again closer to arrival date for an even lower rate or is this as low as it gets?

Which hotel and for what dates Nelson?
$313 seems pretty high to me unless it is The Grand Calif over a busy weekend for the AP5 rate. You can check on the DL website under AP section daily - they are usually pretty up to date.

Have a wonderful trip:)

Yes it is for the DGC...we are not annual passholders yet as we are upgrading once we get there. Do I have access to the website if I am not yet an annual passholder? I would love to check online and not have to phone the hotel everyday for a better rate. The check in is for Feb 29 for one night. We were originally quoted $425..then $383 for AAA, but soon were informed that the annual pass would be the way to go.

What would you say the rate could be for that night in your experience?

I checked the AP disneyland.com availability calendar for Feb 29th - the "view" price is $313. In all honesty though the "cheap" rate is $293 for the same room on other dates so you are looking at $20 more. The rack rate (I believe) is $410. The standard rate appears to be sold out for that date.

That is very exciting nelson84! I'm so glad you were able to get an even better rate than expected. :)

What happened with the DVC rental you were looking into @ Paradise Pier?

Just be aware, you will be asked for your VALID AP when you check in. They will enter the AP barcode number prior to allowing you to check in to the hotel at that rate...

Just be aware, you will be asked for your VALID AP when you check in. They will enter the AP barcode number prior to allowing you to check in to the hotel at that rate...

That hasn't been the experience of most people (or actually anyone who has posted on the subject). They will allow you time to go over and get it. From other people's experience (not mine).

Same here as far as AP goes. I have only had to show it to the desk before check out day, it has never had to be valid upon check in!

Andrea

That hasn't been the experience of most people (or actually anyone who has posted on the subject). They will allow you time to go over and get it. From other people's experience (not mine).

Same here as far as AP goes. I have only had to show it to the desk before check out day, it has never had to be valid upon check in!

Andrea

That's good to know. I have had CM's tell me on the phone when I am making AP rate reservations that I will need to have my AP at check-in, and if I don't then I will need to purchase it right there at the front desk before they will assign me a room.

I'm glad that doesn't appear to be the case.

What I believe they do is if you do not produce the AP prior to check out, the standard rack rate is charged. But you are not charged until check out so you have that many days to show them your AP. Many people obtain their AP's on the first day, AFTER checking in. And again, congrats Nelson, you will enjoy the Grand, it is simply Grand:thumbsup2 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter