I got a discount!!!!

gracieboo

Earning My Ears
We (DH, DD-12, DS-4 and DD-2) had originally planned to stay at Universal for the first night of our trip, then BWV for five nights (renting from a DVC member), then AKL for our final night for MNSSHP. We have decided against Universal since we will be driving 8 hours the previous day (after school at that) and will probably not be up to park touring on our first day.

So, I called MS this morning to see about adding our first night (AKL) and changing our last from AKL to WL (this seemed more convenient for MNSSHP anyway, DS was just intent on AKL, so wanted to make sure we made it there at some point).

To my point: On my first call, I was told there were no standard views at AKL for my date (9/25) and no discounts available. I knew I had waited until the code for Sept. had expired, but thought it was worth a try. So, was quoted around $240 for a pool view. This was hard for me to swallow, since our last night was booked at AKL for $155. So, I declined.

I called back on a whim later in the day and got a great CM who initially told me the same thing. I commented to her that I hated that I waited until the Sep. code expired. She asked if I had any other codes. Luckily, I am addicted to these boards and was able to call out a few that were familiar (bat for one, which was not good for my date). She replied "No, I don't show any for ***, only ***", which was only one letter off. I don't know if this was a subtle hint or not, but I took the bait and asked if she could try that one. She did and not only did it "find" a standard view room when one was not previously available, but it gave me a great rate of $119 ($133 incl. tax).

Am I just lucky or what? I was then able to change my last date from AKL to WL and am a happy camper.

:Pinkbounc

If you aren't offered a comp savannah view upgrade at AKL check-in don't be afraid to ask. They seem to give them out pretty freely to families with kids when its not full. Enjoy your trip!

Originally posted by gracieboo
...I called back on a whim later in the day and got a great CM who initially told me the same thing. I commented to her that I hated that I waited until the Sep. code expired. She asked if I had any other codes. Luckily, I am addicted to these boards and was able to call out a few that were familiar (bat for one, which was not good for my date). She replied "No, I don't show any for ***, only ***", which was only one letter off. I don't know if this was a subtle hint or not, but I took the bait and asked if she could try that one. She did and not only did it "find" a standard view room when one was not previously available, but it gave me a great rate of $119 ($133 incl. tax).

:Pinkbounc

Did the CM give any indication of what the nature of the "other" code was? I am wondering whether there are any eligibility criteria that you might have to verify when you check-in.

Congrats!

I got encouraged by your post and just called myself. I tried every code I could think of, but nothing. I'll just have to stay with my AAA discount. :(

I hope I can post this here. The CM used code BAF- If there were any special requirements, she didn't say. This code did sound familiar to me, though. It may have been the general public September room only code???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter