I found my Prince Charming, now I want the fairytale wedding

MBrock71

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I are wanting a Disney wedding (8/2022, yes, I know, August in Florida). If you had your wedding at Disney World, what were your “pros” and “cons”? Is it worth the money? (Please don’t be upset - I am not trying to be banned from the site my first day). This is my second marriage My first was shotgun style on a very frayed shoestring budget. I have been divorced 26 years. I think I’ve earned a fairytale wedding now that I have my Prince Charming :). Any and all advise and info will be greatly appreciated Thank you :)

Congrats! The only advice I can offer is if you can afford it and you want it than do it!. If it will put you in debt or cause ripples I say do a Disney themed wedding for much less, than honeymoon in Disney.

Congrats again!!!

Congratulations! I agree with @Meglen, go for if it is your dream wedding and can afford it...but there are other options.

My son and DIL considered it for 2018, but ended up with a fairy tale wedding at Wentworth By The Sea Hotel in NH (our home state). We hosted the rehearsal dinner across the street at Wentworth By The Sea Country Club the night before with a view of the Hotel. Both locations were 5 star and perfect in every way. We had dozens of international guests, a language barrier with some of the older attendees and wanted it to all "happen" in close proximity so guests could relax and enjoy. The guests rooms were gorgeous and views amazing. Service impeccable.

The wedding photographer from Texas, who travels the world to photograph weddings, said it was the best location she had ever seen. It was a Memorial Day Weekend celebration with guests staying for the weekend. I believe it is still the #1 Marriott in the world.

Expensive, yes! It was white glove service, filet mignon and lobster tail in a ballroom that felt like the ballroom in Beauty and the Beast. We hosted breakfast along with the brides parents the next morning. It was better than we could ever have imagined! It was less than half as expensive as a Disney wedding and felt like we rented a private island for the weekend.

We've been to WDW dozens of times, but personally I just think it is too busy and stressful a location for a wedding. It's a great place for a honeymoon though! Whatever you decide - enjoy!!

Congratulations!
Do what makes you happy.
My daughter was married in 2008 at Disney, people still talk about her wedding to this day.
It was wonderful, we kept it to family and very close friends about 50 people.
Yes, more expensive than a home wedding but amazing.
She chose The Pavilion, Atlantic Dance Hall and then a dessert part in EPCOT.
Having family together like that for 4 days was great.

My husband and I did a vow renewal in The Disney Magic for our 25th in 2012, it was us our two kids and their significant others and our two grandkids. Very small just a small ceremony out on deck.
The 7 night family cruise was priceless.

You will love the service Disney gives you, they do everything for you.
You feel so special.

I really can't think of "cons" for either really.

Good Luck!

Congratulations! I had a Disneyland wedding and I know the planning is different, so no real advice. Everything turned out great and I have no regrets. Whatever you decide to do enjoy every minute of your fairytale wedding! 💕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter