I found it!

mickeysbestfriend

DIS Veteran
I was looking through an old Birnbaum guide and I located the recipe for the Seven Seas coctail that the used to serve at the Poly in the glass Tiki God mugs!!

Fruit juice (hawaiian punch)
grenadine
orange curacao
rum

they also have the Blue Lagoon

creme de banana
blue curacao

i don't know the proportions but it should be easy to make them!

Just thought I'd share....the Seven Seas were our favorite drink when we went to Disney in the 70's and 80's :)

last night and figured out the proportions pretty close.

12 oz hawiian punch fruit juicy red
1/2 oz grenadine
1 oz orange curacao
2 oz rum (or 1 of 151)

It was just like the Poly used to make!

last night and figured out the proportions pretty close.

It was just like the Poly used to make!

How much trial and error did it take to nail this down. :rotfl2:
And by the time you got to that point, were you like: "Thiz-iz pretty 'hic' good" .:lmao:

I nailed it on the second pass! I remember when we used to stay at the Poly or the Golf Resort and we'd go to Captian Cooks to listen to the entertainment and have two or three of them and it was a challenge walking back to the room some nights. They went down WAY to easy :)

I saw someone last time we were there with a Tiki God mug...but it looked like plastic instead of the heavy glass ones. I bought a set of 4 on ebay and we love using them when we have people over :)

Ah this reminds me that I need to go post recipes on the Cooking board. A friend of mine gave me a ton of back issues of I think it was Disney Insider or something like that and they all have recipes! I'll have to type them up when I have time, they're all from the early to mid 90s so I'm sure there's some old goodies in there.

I saw someone last time we were there with a Tiki God mug...but it looked like plastic instead of the heavy glass ones. I bought a set of 4 on ebay and we love using them when we have people over :)
I bought a set of four many years ago and split them with a friend. We each have two. He lives in a separate state, so whenever we get together, whoever travels brings theirs along to reunite the set and have fun drinks.

and his wife made a few batches last night....apparently they were pretty good....they slept in late this morning!!

I got my wife to try one and was surprised that she liked it so another convert!

Yummm....I never had one at the resorts but will be having one this week! Thanks for posting this.

The Tiki God mugs are for sale in the resort gift shop downstairs.

They had a ton of them there on July 24th. They are not plastic, but clear heavy glass. I do have one of the OLD frosted glass ones of long ago (says "Polynesian Village" on it).

I was wondering if they still used them in the restaurants and offered them for sale with the purchase of a drink. LTT went to selling their mugs due to the number that were 'walking out'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter