I feel like Bob's passing is a life changer for me.... how about you?

Nom

Mouseketeer
I heard about Bob's passing yesterday morning, and like so many of you I was floored. After I logged off the computer, I went about my life but I kept thinking about Bob, and everyone in his 'real' life who is going to miss him so much, and how kind he always was, and how everyone in his 'cyber' life (me included) was going to miss him so much.

Recently, since March, I have been going through a lot of personal stuff... I can relate to Pete's struggles with depression because I struggle too. Over the past two months I have been unhappy, harping on what I don't have in life, harping on stupid meaninless stuff.

Now, with Bob passing, I feel like everything is so clear to me. I have been so focused on petty stuff in my life, I have missed all the things I should be greatful for. A healthy daughter, a good job, a good husband, a close extended family. I took for granted that those things would always be there, just like I took Bob for granted. I'll never do that again... bob's passing has made me realize that in an instant you can lose something you love. It has made me realize that I should never take anything for granted, and live every moment to it's fullest.

In one of his posts, Kevin said that we should all take this occasion to tell our loved ones that we love them- because we never know, it might be the last time. God, such truth in that statement. I know that every day I'll be doing that from now on.

Reading Pete's eulogy, I saw so many examples of how I should try to be like Bob. Imagine if we all acted with such kindness. We could change the world! I'm going to try to be like Bob as often as I can. We all should.

I really feel like this is a life-changing moment for me. Does anyone else feel the same way? Has Bob's passing opened your eyes to things you've been taking for granted in your life? Will you join me in trying to be like bob?

Yes, I agree most definitely. I'd like to respnd more so in words, but am having a hard time staying dry-eyed right now. Once the healing begins, I'll comment more.

In life we must take time everyday to smile and laugh and be with the people we love. Life is short so never forget to take it all in.

Nom,
Of all the words written this past week, this post spoke loudly to me. Thanks for writing it and your honesty.

You be lucky,
Dave in NJ

You know, I have found myself taking more time to appreciate little things. Taking more pictures and in honor of Bawb I spent all day yesterday going thru about 30 tapes from my video cam and organizing them by date. Priceless video on there! That and watching the video of "The Last Lecture"
I hope I can stick with it! Little things make a big difference...if we were all a little more "like Bawb" and treated people with the assumption they were nice and like friends we would all be much better of in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter