I feel like a baller--Copper Creek 8 Night Grand Villa Extravaganza UPDATE!

jphcoffeeboy

Earning My Ears
Good Evening my fellow citizens of Walt Disney World.

The time has come to begin a pre-trip report for our Upcoming Copper Creek Grand Villa Stay!

Who: Me, CastleCryer- (my wife Kelly who always cries when she sees the Castle at MK, our princess (7 (going on 30)), The MIL-doesn't love Disney but loves us, and the Aunt and Uncle in Law (Who don't love Disney, but love us.) Friends and Kids from Winter Garden, and My Mom.

Other pictures coming as soon as I convert them out of HEIC. Apple tax, don'tcha know?

Well, here is our DVC Story...We used to live in St. Petersburg, FL...But now we live in the middle of Nebraska. We love it, but we miss WDW. So on a business trip to Orlando, we bought DVC. Big Time...Like 450 Copper Creek Points, big time. I know, I know. Spare me. We love it and we are happy to part with a large part of our paycheck until it is paid off. We are looking toward retirement and snowbirding. But for now, the Kingdom is ours. So, we strung together 3 use years of points for 8 days with family at a Grand Villa at Copper Creek. We love it there. We honeymooned in a log cabin in Nashville, Indiana. We took our first trip to Disney with our Princess at the Wilderness Lodge, where she got hurt and the Cast Members were amazing. We first went on the DVC tour 10 years ago. There was no pressure, and when we bought, we found out that our original DVC sales rep is now promoted to managing the whole enchilada. Mike Caruana is our current rep for DVC sales, and he is awesome.

Now you have the "Who"

Here is the "what": An 8 night trip at Copper Creek Grand Villa. Celebration of finishing doctoral studies. Anniversary, Birthdays, Christmas-all combined. We gave up those things to buy DVC. For us, it is worth it. Your mileage may vary.

Before this Covid-19 mess got started, we had amazing plans. But now, they will be what they will be. We hope to have our whole group in for Moonlight Magic on October 6 at Hollywood Studios. We shall see.

In the meantime, we have made the adjustment to fly, instead of drive, and take much of our food with us from home. We are looking forward to awesome meals in the villa and a night out a Bluezoo. We love it there (the Asian Lobster for 2 is to die for).

When: October 6-14, 2020

Where: Home at Copper Creek in a 3-Bedroom Grand Villa.

Why: Because it is Disney.

How: Through the generosity of many people who love us.

I invite you to take this magic carpet ride with us.

See ya' real soon!

[QUOTE We first went on the DVC tour 10 years ago. There was no pressure, and when we bought, we found out that our original DVC sales rep is now promoted to managing the whole enchilada. QUOTE]
Your Sales Rep 10 years ago was Thomas Mazloum? Or did you mean Terri Schultz? :jester: Congratulations to you and your wife on completing your doctorate, and the fun purchase. How wonderful you get to start it off with a big family get-together.

[QUOTE We first went on the DVC tour 10 years ago. There was no pressure, and when we bought, we found out that our original DVC sales rep is now promoted to managing the whole enchilada. QUOTE]
Your Sales Rep 10 years ago was Thomas Mazloum? Or did you mean Terri Schultz? :jester: Congratulations to you and your wife on completing your doctorate, and the fun purchase. How wonderful you get to start it off with a big family get-together.
Neither. Kelly Bhakta. She is a now the sales director for DCL and DVC. Not quite as famous as Terri or Thomas. But big enough for my enchilada. Thanks for the congratulations.

Good Evening my fellow citizens of Walt Disney World.

The time has come to begin a pre-trip report for our Upcoming Copper Creek Grand Villa Stay!

Who: Me, CastleCryer- (my wife Kelly who always cries when she sees the Castle at MK, our princess (7 (going on 30)), The MIL-doesn't love Disney but loves us, and the Aunt and Uncle in Law (Who don't love Disney, but love us.) Friends and Kids from Winter Garden, and My Mom.

View attachment 500688

Other pictures coming as soon as I convert them out of HEIC. Apple tax, don'tcha know?

Well, here is our DVC Story...We used to live in St. Petersburg, FL...But now we live in the middle of Nebraska. We love it, but we miss WDW. So on a business trip to Orlando, we bought DVC. Big Time...Like 450 Copper Creek Points, big time. I know, I know. Spare me. We love it and we are happy to part with a large part of our paycheck until it is paid off. We are looking toward retirement and snowbirding. But for now, the Kingdom is ours. So, we strung together 3 use years of points for 8 days with family at a Grand Villa at Copper Creek. We love it there. We honeymooned in a log cabin in Nashville, Indiana. We took our first trip to Disney with our Princess at the Wilderness Lodge, where she got hurt and the Cast Members were amazing. We first went on the DVC tour 10 years ago. There was no pressure, and when we bought, we found out that our original DVC sales rep is now promoted to managing the whole enchilada. Mike Caruana is our current rep for DVC sales, and he is awesome.

Now you have the "Who"

Here is the "what": An 8 night trip at Copper Creek Grand Villa. Celebration of finishing doctoral studies. Anniversary, Birthdays, Christmas-all combined. We gave up those things to buy DVC. For us, it is worth it. Your mileage may vary.

Before this Covid-19 mess got started, we had amazing plans. But now, they will be what they will be. We hope to have our whole group in for Moonlight Magic on October 6 at Hollywood Studios. We shall see.

In the meantime, we have made the adjustment to fly, instead of drive, and take much of our food with us from home. We are looking forward to awesome meals in the villa and a night out a Bluezoo. We love it there (the Asian Lobster for 2 is to die for).

When: October 6-14, 2020

Where: Home at Copper Creek in a 3-Bedroom Grand Villa.

Why: Because it is Disney.

How: Through the generosity of many people who love us.

I invite you to take this magic carpet ride with us.

See ya' real soon!

View attachment 500693
It’s so Magical at WL/CC! 🤩🤙

Some plans change...and for the better.

Our travel party 🎊 🎈 🎉 is changing a bit. DW's aunt and uncle have asked us to make plans without them, and they will make a decision later. The health restrictions concern everyone to varying degrees, and I will respect their opinion to stay home or come. I did worry for a bit about how many points we spent on a 3 bedroom villa. Then I thought-it will be awesome whether four of us are there or six of us are there.
Then, a unique opportunity presented itself in due season. My mom is recently divorced. It is particularly heartbreaking. She has been unable to visit with us for a long while. Even when we lived in Florida, where she currently resides, we didn't get to see her much, mostly because of my now ex-stepfather, who has now "literally" left the country. :cool1::banana::dancer::cheer2::woohoo:

So, mom will now be joining us for three days of our trip-over the Columbus Day weekend. So, Mom will finally get to see her one and only grandchild wearing the princess dresses she has custom made her granddaughter (she used to work in theatre costuming. The costumes are stunning). Right now, IF we can get her a ticket, AND a park reservation for Saturday, she will join us in the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. Here previous inability to commit to park visits 60 days out has stymied our Disney plans together in the past. If we can get this done and all lined up, it will be great. While there are many things I will miss with adjusted theme park operations, the fast-pass plus 60 days in advance thing I will probably not miss. They'll come up with something else in the future, I'm sure.

As if that were not awesome enough; Out of the blue, my Aunt (mom's only sister) called and asked when we were going to Disney. Mom and Aunt have not seen each other in 3 years. Aunt was diagnosed with Leukemia 18 months ago, and the two are missing each other terribly--to the point where my uncle stepped in and said we had to get the sisters together. She is currently working out the details with her job, and hopefully we can make it happen. Then the two of them can use the 3rd bedroom and/or sleeper couch if uncle/cousins come. We can have up to 12 in a CC Grand Villa. Aunt is happy to just have some pool time and shopping at DTD with her sister.

Amazing how things work out.

Well, that's all I have time to share today. As with anything these days, we are prepared for things to change again. Until then, we look forward to our next "homecoming."

Some plans change...and for the better.

Our travel party 🎊 🎈 🎉 is changing a bit. DW's aunt and uncle have asked us to make plans without them, and they will make a decision later. The health restrictions concern everyone to varying degrees, and I will respect their opinion to stay home or come. I did worry for a bit about how many points we spent on a 3 bedroom villa. Then I thought-it will be awesome whether four of us are there or six of us are there.
View attachment 505637
Then, a unique opportunity presented itself in due season. My mom is recently divorced. It is particularly heartbreaking. She has been unable to visit with us for a long while. Even when we lived in Florida, where she currently resides, we didn't get to see her much, mostly because of my now ex-stepfather, who has now "literally" left the country. :cool1::banana::dancer::cheer2::woohoo:

So, mom will now be joining us for three days of our trip-over the Columbus Day weekend. So, Mom will finally get to see her one and only grandchild wearing the princess dresses she has custom made her granddaughter (she used to work in theatre costuming. The costumes are stunning). Right now, IF we can get her a ticket, AND a park reservation for Saturday, she will join us in the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. Here previous inability to commit to park visits 60 days out has stymied our Disney plans together in the past. If we can get this done and all lined up, it will be great. While there are many things I will miss with adjusted theme park operations, the fast-pass plus 60 days in advance thing I will probably not miss. They'll come up with something else in the future, I'm sure.

As if that were not awesome enough; Out of the blue, my Aunt (mom's only sister) called and asked when we were going to Disney. Mom and Aunt have not seen each other in 3 years. Aunt was diagnosed with Leukemia 18 months ago, and the two are missing each other terribly--to the point where my uncle stepped in and said we had to get the sisters together. She is currently working out the details with her job, and hopefully we can make it happen. Then the two of them can use the 3rd bedroom and/or sleeper couch if uncle/cousins come. We can have up to 12 in a CC Grand Villa. Aunt is happy to just have some pool time and shopping at DTD with her sister.

Amazing how things work out.

Well, that's all I have time to share today. As with anything these days, we are prepared for things to change again. Until then, we look forward to our next "homecoming."
That’s awesome, I hope it pans out, and it was cheerful reading your post!

Sounds like it is going to be a magical trip! We will be arriving shortly after you, on October 16th, but staying in a 1BR at BRV. I love the entire Wilderness Lodge resort area. It really makes me feel like I'm away from it all. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter