I don't want to be the tooth fairy any more

Stephres

Likes Disney and Scrapbooking<br><font color=deepp
My five year old lost her first tooth yesterday and I totally forgot to put something under her pillow. Luckily, she came to sleep with me last night so I snuck a quarter under one of my pillows and she just found it. Now I am waiting for my 8 year old to wake up and inform her he gets a dollar for each tooth. :rolleyes1

Does any responsible person want to fill the position as tooth fairy at my house? I am taking applications.

This is hitting close to home for me! I forgot once...I felt just terrible!!! My poor DS was so sad the the Tooth Fairy forgot him. After that I left a post it on the mirror to remind me b/f I went to bed, and that really helped!

He is now 19, and needs his wisdom teeth out...what is the rate on wisdom teeth these days? However, the way he is going, I'm afraid to take out anything with the word "wisdom" in it...he needs to keep all he has...

I so feel your pain.. that has happened here... the last time it happened, DS was in tears.. I blamed DH and told the kids that DH got up too early and scared the tooth fairy... so now the kids try to beat DH up on days they have lost a tooth so that he can't scare her off.... DH felt so bad...as did I.. we had started a movie and fell asleep...
So, if you find a good candidate tell them they have to travel for the rest of us!!! :)

the day after school got out, I'm scrapping with Lisa and DH called to inform me that DS5 lost a tooth, we didn't even know it was loose.
So of course DS6 had to compete so he pulled his loose tooth out too. Try sneaking into a room with 3 boys in it and giving money for 2 of them. I swear DS6 was going to wake up. I had to root under his pillow for that sucker.
I forgot the tooth fairy once, I told the boys DD didn't go to sleep until really late so she said she would come back that night. They made DD go to bed early.
My MIL fell asleep xmas eve once without setting Santa stuff out. That was a doozy to get out of. DH still hasn't forgotten that one.

You just have to get sneakier! I have forgotten several times. Here is what you do.

Tell the child that maybe the money "slipped out from under the pillow" and send them to their room to start looking harder.

Then you have to quietly get the dollar (or whatever amount, but dollars are quiet) and "palm" it.

Go to the childs room and start helping your child look. Send them to some weird place to look --make it a game "Gee, maybe she left it in your sock drawer?" While doing that lift the mattress or get down on your knees or get under the bed "LOOK, I FOUND IT!!!! See I told you it just slipped out from under you pillow. It was here under your bed the whole time"

Produce the palmed money! :cool1:

Believe me, your kids think you are amazing!!!! OP, you can still do this, just tell the child that the TF left the money in their room and the quarter they found in your bed must be Daddy's and just fell out of his pocket when you were doing laundry or some lame story like that. Really, they won't question it much if you wave a newly found dollar in their face!

Now, about the year the Easter Bunny forgot the fill the plastic eggs before hiding them :rolleyes1

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! DH said this morning, why don't we do what my parents did? They left the tooth in a shot glass on the counter and in the morning it was filled with coins. I wish he would have told me sooner! I think it would be much easier to remember to do that! Of course, if I forgot it would be a lot harder to sneak the money in.

You just have to get sneakier! I have forgotten several times. Here is what you do.

Tell the child that maybe the money "slipped out from under the pillow" and send them to their room to start looking harder.

Then you have to quietly get the dollar (or whatever amount, but dollars are quiet) and "palm" it.

Go to the childs room and start helping your child look. Send them to some weird place to look --make it a game "Gee, maybe she left it in your sock drawer?" While doing that lift the mattress or get down on your knees or get under the bed "LOOK, I FOUND IT!!!! See I told you it just slipped out from under you pillow. It was here under your bed the whole time"

Produce the palmed money! :cool1:

Believe me, your kids think you are amazing!!!! OP, you can still do this, just tell the child that the TF left the money in their room and the quarter they found in your bed must be Daddy's and just fell out of his pocket when you were doing laundry or some lame story like that. Really, they won't question it much if you wave a newly found dollar in their face!

Now, about the year the Easter Bunny forgot the fill the plastic eggs before hiding them :rolleyes1

ooooo, your good!! :thumbsup2

My daughter has a Tooth Fairy Pillow my mom bought her in Ireland. There's a tiny pocket for the tooth and DD hangs it on her bedpost. Very easy to take it and swap $'s for teeth! ;)

Losing a tooth used to mean panic and at least one sleepless night for me but not anymore! My solution is to offer the kids a few extra quarters more than what the tooth fairy would give. Since the toothfairy was somewhat unreliable :angel: in the past anyway, this gives the kids an opportunity to get their money right away AND they get more than what that cheap toothfairy would have left anyway.
Outbidding the toothfairy lets me sleep at night
:teacher:

Thanks PrincessNancy!:goodvibes We had fun that night.:banana:

Seriously, if I would have know that a few quarters would save my sanity, I would have done it YEARS ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter