I don't have a clever title but I DO have 2,000 photos! WDW in Oct. update!

Loving your report and all of the pictures!!!

I smiled at your comment "I was exhausted so I went back to my room" followed by about 50 pictures on the way back!

Do I have permission to put some of them up on the Yacht & Beach club thread? Right now, I'm eyeing these:

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

I haven't seen this perspective before and I love it!

Great pictures from your morning at Hollywood Studios. I guess the reward for not fighting the masses at TSM is that you have ZERO people in your pictures in other parts of the park! The only evidence I saw that others were there was a stroller in one picture.

I agree with Lisa- I'm impressed with the photos from ToT. I always try to get those shots right when the doors open, but I've never gotten pictures even close to as good as yours!

I also appreciate all of the photos from OMD. Confession- I have never taken the time to go through this exhibit, so it was great seeing all of the details.

The noodle bowl at Brown Derby looks AMAZING!!! I enjoy tofu when it is properly prepared and the idea of coating it in coconut is brilliant!!!

Once again I am blown away at the pictures and their quality. I don't know how in the world you took pictures on Tower of Terror. I would have never been able to do that....I'm too busy screaming and holding on. The food at Hollywood Brown Derby looks awesome. I've never had tofu before but it looked good. Ahhh grapefruit cake. I can only imagine how scrumptious it was. I love love love grapefruit.

Thank you!! I would not recommend eating tofu at all- I seriously usually hate it. I think that the tofy was sliced thin & the coconut crust was thick, so it all worked out well! :rotfl: I didn't know you loved grapefruit! If there weren't so many calories in the juice, I would drink it every day! I really love grapefruit, too. Every time I eat it, though, John asks me why I am punishing my tastebuds. :lmao:

I'm in. Love this style of TR. I haven't been in 20 years, so I love seeing all the pictures and can kinda see how things have changed. I like reading all the other TRs with all the narrative, but its relaxing to just scan through your pics too. Can't wait to see more :)

Thanks! Whoa- 20 years?!? You are due for a trip back to WDW! I always feel bad that I don't have more narrative, but you just made me feel better. :)

You take pictures like I do, of everything! :thumbsup2 I love that you got that picture on ToT. I would love to do that, and may try in February, though it may not turn out as well. :rotfl2:

Thanks!! You definitely have to take a photo on ToT- mine are both a bit out of focus because the camera focused on the back of the letters (on the front of the tower). I think I take too many photos of the same things. I think I have like 80 photos of the castle from this trip! :rotfl:

Hi April,
I've missed you too!
I think any hopes for a TR are down the drain...my stomach is still giving me problems...more tests coming in January...and I've lost most of my notes :(

As always, your pictures are FANTASTIC!! and you so don't take the same pic over and over...you change the angle slightly enough that it becomes a whole new way to look at the scene..can't wait to see more!

sorry to hear about the Worcester firefighter. Your whole town must be in morning....so sad....

Thanks!!! That was awful about the firefighter. I guess the guy they were searching for in the building (who was not actually there during the fire) has been found & I think they are saying he intentionally set the fire! It is such a shame.
I really hope they figure out what is going on with your health soon!

Loving your report and all of the pictures!!!

I smiled at your comment "I was exhausted so I went back to my room" followed by about 50 pictures on the way back!

Do I have permission to put some of them up on the Yacht & Beach club thread? Right now, I'm eyeing these:

I haven't seen this perspective before and I love it!

Great pictures from your morning at Hollywood Studios. I guess the reward for not fighting the masses at TSM is that you have ZERO people in your pictures in other parts of the park! The only evidence I saw that others were there was a stroller in one picture.

I agree with Lisa- I'm impressed with the photos from ToT. I always try to get those shots right when the doors open, but I've never gotten pictures even close to as good as yours!

I also appreciate all of the photos from OMD. Confession- I have never taken the time to go through this exhibit, so it was great seeing all of the details.

The noodle bowl at Brown Derby looks AMAZING!!! I enjoy tofu when it is properly prepared and the idea of coating it in coconut is brilliant!!!

Thanks!!! You can use any of my photos on the Yacht and Beach Club thread!
That morning at DHS was awesome for me because it was not busy at all. The only crowds were around TSMM. You have to make it over to OMD during your next trip- it is really cool!
I TOTALLY agree with you about tofu- if it isn't perfectly cooked, then it is awful. I've only had it at a few places that get it just right. There's a Mexican restaurant near me that deep fries it & coats it in buffalo wing sauce- I love it like that. Of course- that totally ruins the "healthy" factor. :rotfl:

I'm loving all the pics! Great trip report. Subscribing.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Forgive me if I am MIA for a week and a half. I'll be shopping, wrapping, sending cards, baking, etc. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!! :santa:
I'm going to try to get the second half of day 2 posted this weekend or sometime next week.

Thanks!!! You can use any of my photos on the Yacht and Beach Club thread!
That morning at DHS was awesome for me because it was not busy at all. The only crowds were around TSMM. You have to make it over to OMD during your next trip- it is really cool!
I TOTALLY agree with you about tofu- if it isn't perfectly cooked, then it is awful. I've only had it at a few places that get it just right. There's a Mexican restaurant near me that deep fries it & coats it in buffalo wing sauce- I love it like that. Of course- that totally ruins the "healthy" factor. :rotfl:

Thanks for the permission on the photos!!!

Here's a tofu recipe I have made at home and enjoyed. It was a little time consuming to do, so I have only made it once or twice.

Tyler Florence's Pan-Fried Tofu with Spinach, Pear and Star Anise:

Time: 1 hour

Serves: 2

•1 block extra-firm tofu, 15 ounces, halved horizontally
•2 tablespoons peanut oil
•1 tablespoon sesame oil
•11/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, peeled
•1 garlic clove, minced
•1 fresh red chile, cut in paper-thin circles
•3 whole star anise
•1/3 cup roasted peanuts
•2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
•1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
•Juice of 1/2 lime
•2 pounds baby spinach
•1 pear or Asian pear, sliced into thin wedges

http://www.tylerflorence.com/?p=777

Directions in this link above.

Don't worry...we are all busy this time of the year. We won't hold it against you :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful Holiday!

Thanks for the permission on the photos!!!

Here's a tofu recipe I have made at home and enjoyed. It was a little time consuming to do, so I have only made it once or twice.

Tyler Florence's Pan-Fried Tofu with Spinach, Pear and Star Anise:

Time: 1 hour

Serves: 2

•1 block extra-firm tofu, 15 ounces, halved horizontally
•2 tablespoons peanut oil
•1 tablespoon sesame oil
•11/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, peeled
•1 garlic clove, minced
•1 fresh red chile, cut in paper-thin circles
•3 whole star anise
•1/3 cup roasted peanuts
•2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
•1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
•Juice of 1/2 lime
•2 pounds baby spinach
•1 pear or Asian pear, sliced into thin wedges

http://www.tylerflorence.com/?p=777

Directions in this link above.

Thanks for the recipe!!! That sounds awesome.

Don't worry...we are all busy this time of the year. We won't hold it against you :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful Holiday!

Thanks!!! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday, too!

I went back over to Epcot & went right to the Behind the Seeds tour. If you like "Living with the Land", I highly recommend this tour. It was cheap and very interesting. Plus you get to taste a bit of one of the veggies grown in the greenhouse. However, I was a bit disappointed to learn that the alligators that you see in LwtL will eventually be killed for their meat & skin. I went over to Via Napoli for dinner- I'm SO glad I had reservations because the line was ridiculously long for those that didn't. I ordered the Carciofi pizza (Artichoke, Pecorino, Mozzarella, Truffle oil) and it was pretty good. Would I go back? Maybe. I wasn't overly impressed, but I did enjoy it.

It was getting late at that point, so I headed back to the room. I didn't take too many photos that night:
IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3807.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

Continued in next post....

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

I started the next day off at Animal Kingdom. I have to warn you that the bulk of the photos I took on this trip were in AK on this day.
IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

Continued in next post.....

Oh you did go on the Behind the Seeds tour! I told you it was a great tour to take and, like you said, it's cheap enough that most anyone can fit it in their budget.

I have a Via Napoli ADR set for our May trip but I keep hearing just "meh" reviews and am now having doubts about going.

I love all of the bird pics at the Animal Kingdom but the one of the duck is my favorite.

You and I were posting at the same time and I missed the last set of pictures. The shark catfish is really cool looking. My dad was a commercial fisherman after he retired from the highway department and I am sure he would have loved to see one of those.

April, all caught up again. Your pictures continue to blow me away...very well done. I love the duck in the water at the AK...he looks so cute taking a "bath."

WOW! What great pictures of the deer, the gorillas, etc. It's like you were right next to them.

Oh you did go on the Behind the Seeds tour! I told you it was a great tour to take and, like you said, it's cheap enough that most anyone can fit it in their budget.

I have a Via Napoli ADR set for our May trip but I keep hearing just "meh" reviews and am now having doubts about going.

I love all of the bird pics at the Animal Kingdom but the one of the duck is my favorite.

Thanks!! Behind the Seeds was awesome- I'm really happy that I did it. I would actually go again.
I got the pizza at Via Napoli & it was good, but nothing spectacular. Keep in mind, though, that everyone from the Northeast is waaaay too picky about pizza- myself included!! :rotfl: I just thought that it was a little too pricey to not be awesome.

You and I were posting at the same time and I missed the last set of pictures. The shark catfish is really cool looking. My dad was a commercial fisherman after he retired from the highway department and I am sure he would have loved to see one of those.

That catfish was HUGE. It looked shark-like. I didn't know your dad was a fisherman- or that he worked for the highway department!

April, all caught up again. Your pictures continue to blow me away...very well done. I love the duck in the water at the AK...he looks so cute taking a "bath."

Thanks!!! I have to apologize because my photos are about to get repetitive. I take too many!
I loved the ducks- I sat & watched them for a while. They are so darned cute!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter