I don't have a clever title but I DO have 2,000 photos! WDW in Oct. update!

Love all the pictures :) I was at Food & Wine last year, and it was PACKED when I went. It doesn't look as packed for you.

Thank you! Epcot was packed with drunken idiots at night during the week & it was packed all day & night on the weekend. I ended up just going during the day.

Love all the pictures :)

Thanks!! :)

Great TR so far! Your photos are amazing. That was so lucky getting upgraded at the YC! We really want to go in November next year. Was it crowded? And were all the Christmas decorations up by the time you got there?

Looking forward to the next update! :)

Thanks!! The Christmas party at MK was WAY too crowded. I'm not sure if they always are or if it is just because it was 11/11/11. Epcot was crowded at night & on the weekends. DHS & AK were not too crowded at all. I didn't see any decorations at the resort, but they were up at the parks.

Great photos!!! Everything is so pretty with the holiday decorations.

Thanks so much for taking pictures of the Food and Wine Menu signs! I'm reading a few F&W TRs, but I didn't really have an idea of the prices on the snacks and treats. Very cool that so many of the things are available with snack credits!

I :love: Columbia Harbor House- I am amused by your photos of the empty dining area (love that upstairs) and looking out the window at all of the people out in the park.

Thank you! I took some of the F & W menus, but I kept getting frustrated with crowds, so I eventually stopped trying. I'm so impatient. :sad2:
CHH is one of my FAVORITE CS restaurants at MK!! I love the veggie chili.

Hi April,

Read other TR of yours and I'm in! Love all the pictures! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Welcome & Thanks!! :)

Okay....all caught up now. I am loving your pictures -- so bright and vibrant. And I love seeing the menu of F&W booths since I've never been there.

I don't know if I sent you a PM or not, but I've started the pre-trip report for MaryAz's and my trip in January if you want to join in (it's linked in my siggy).

Whew! I'm tired of all the walking and I'm just looking at the pictures. :laughing: Very nice pictures of the Christmas decorations. What time did you get to Columbia Harbour House? It looks empty!

It was totally empty, but MK was deserted that day!

Love the photos! It is awesome that you got upgraded to CL, too!

If I go with my sister and her family in 10 days (yes, I still don't know if I have to cancel my trip or not!) then I will have a solo day one day while they go to Legoland.

Looks like you are having fun so far. Can't wait to see the rest!

Thanks! Have fun if you go!

Okay....all caught up now. I am loving your pictures -- so bright and vibrant. And I love seeing the menu of F&W booths since I've never been there.

I don't know if I sent you a PM or not, but I've started the pre-trip report for MaryAz's and my trip in January if you want to join in (it's linked in my siggy).

Thanks!! The food & wine festival is one of my favorite things, but this year there were SO many obnoxious people that were WAY too drunk at night. I ended up sticking to Epcot during the day.
I will definitely join your PTR!! I didn't see the PM you sent- I'm going to check it out now.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

I decided to head back to the room because I was exhausted.
IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

(Sorry for so many photos of the same things.)

Continued in next post...

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

I took some stuff from the lounge back to the room:
IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

That was the end of day 1. I was so exhausted after that day!
You may not see many posts from me in the next 2 weeks. I've been a bad Dis'er lately. This is just such a busy time of year! I hope you are all well and that you have a fantastic holiday season!!

Seriously? You think you have to apologize for too many pictures? That's what we are here for! ;)

I know what you mean about being busy and not posting enough on the Dis. It took me forever to post updates on my own trip report. :rolleyes:

Wow Awesome pictures can't wait for more! I love solo trips!

Seriously? You think you have to apologize for too many pictures? That's what we are here for! ;)

I know what you mean about being busy and not posting enough on the Dis. It took me forever to post updates on my own trip report. :rolleyes:

LOL...I just take too many photos of the SAME stuff.
I saw your updates on your report & I LOVE the photos of the mountains!!!

Wow Awesome pictures can't wait for more! I love solo trips!

Thanks! Solo trips are awesome for me because I can take my time & take all of the photos I want.

Stepping out of the shadows of lurkdom...your photos are terrific!

:yay: Thanks!! I'll be posting more later today- I hope. :)

I got SO much sleep the night before, I woke up on Wednesday (11/9) early enough to get to DHS for rope drop. When I'm on vacation I am not typically an early riser. That is because I get up for work every day around 5:30am AND I am a night owl. I had considered braving the crowds to get to TSMM, but when I actually saw the amount of people ready to stampede there, I changed my mind. Some photos from arrival at DHS & waiting for rope drop:
IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

After that, I got a FP for ToT & grabbed breakfast- egg & cheese on a biscuit and coffee from Fairfax Fare. It was pretty good.
IMG_3678.jpg

I wandered around for a while, went into the Star Tours shop, rode Star Tours, used my ToT FP, went & bought something that I had regretted not buying on the last trip (more on that later), and went into One Man's Dream. I really enjoyed that. Photos from wandering & OMD:
IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

Continued in next post....

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

After that, it was time for lunch at Brown Derby!!
IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

I had the Noodle Bowl with Wok-fried Coconut Tofu, Soy Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, Bok Choy,
and Shiitake Mushrooms in a Red Curry Broth. It was awesome!!! I usually hate tofu, but this tofu was AWESOME. It was not all blubbery like tofu can sometimes be. I'm sure the coconut crust helped! The noodles, soybeans, and sugar snap peas were all phenomenal.

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

I was really looking forward to dessert. I NEVER get dessert...EVER. But I had to try the grapefruit cake. When it came to the table, I thought I could NEVER eat a huge piece of cake like that. Within a few minutes, I ate the ENTIRE piece! I loved it.
IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

After that, I went back to the room for a mid-afternoon break.
IMG_3791.jpg

Once again I am blown away at the pictures and their quality. I don't know how in the world you took pictures on Tower of Terror. I would have never been able to do that....I'm too busy screaming and holding on. The food at Hollywood Brown Derby looks awesome. I've never had tofu before but it looked good. Ahhh grapefruit cake. I can only imagine how scrumptious it was. I love love love grapefruit.

I'm in. Love this style of TR. I haven't been in 20 years, so I love seeing all the pictures and can kinda see how things have changed. I like reading all the other TRs with all the narrative, but its relaxing to just scan through your pics too. Can't wait to see more :)

You take pictures like I do, of everything! :thumbsup2 I love that you got that picture on ToT. I would love to do that, and may try in February, though it may not turn out as well. :rotfl2:

Hi April,
I've missed you too!
I think any hopes for a TR are down the drain...my stomach is still giving me problems...more tests coming in January...and I've lost most of my notes :(

As always, your pictures are FANTASTIC!! and you so don't take the same pic over and over...you change the angle slightly enough that it becomes a whole new way to look at the scene..can't wait to see more!

sorry to hear about the Worcester firefighter. Your whole town must be in morning....so sad....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter