• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I don't have a clever title but I DO have 2,000 photos! WDW in Oct. update!

So in 62 days, I'll be taking a short trip to WDW with my friend from PA who hasn't been there since 2004. Should be fun! We arrive separately on October 18th- I'm taking Magical Express & she's renting a car. So far, we plan to chill out at EPCOT & in the room that day until we go to the Halloween Party that night. The next day, we will head to Islands of Adventure because she is a huge Harry Potter fan. That night, we will go to Jiko. The next morning, we have breakfast at Boma at 9:30am, then will head to Animal Kingdom. That night maybe we will go back to EPCOT, then Jellyrolls or something. The next morning, we have a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, then I'm not sure what we will do during the day. That night is EMH at DHS, so we will definitely be doing that! We're staying at Beach Club. I really can't wait for this & I can't tell you how bad the WDW withdrawals have been. I was *just* there in May & I'm already dying to back!!!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Can't wait to see your pictures from Harry Potterland. And the Beach Club- if you have any questions about the resort, I'm your gal! Even if I can't answer, I know people who can!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Can't wait to see your pictures from Harry Potterland. And the Beach Club- if you have any questions about the resort, I'm your gal! Even if I can't answer, I know people who can!

Thanks!!! I'm new to Beach Club and I'm very excited to stay there! I was wondering if they have a quick service food area. Do you have a Beach Club thread up on the boards?

Duh- I just saw the link in your signature! Sorry for asking a stupid question! :lmao:

soooo jealous!!!
you will have a such a blast!

I'm excited! I have top plan for more trips to WDW next year. I swore that I would go less, but I miss it way too much! I wish we could have a "Ladies from the Disboards meet" there someday. That would be fun!

So in 62 days, I'll be taking a short trip to WDW with my friend from PA who hasn't been there since 2004. Should be fun! We arrive separately on October 18th- I'm taking Magical Express & she's renting a car. So far, we plan to chill out at EPCOT & in the room that day until we go to the Halloween Party that night. The next day, we will head to Islands of Adventure because she is a huge Harry Potter fan. That night, we will go to Jiko. The next morning, we have breakfast at Boma at 9:30am, then will head to Animal Kingdom. That night maybe we will go back to EPCOT, then Jellyrolls or something. The next morning, we have a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, then I'm not sure what we will do during the day. That night is EMH at DHS, so we will definitely be doing that! We're staying at Beach Club. I really can't wait for this & I can't tell you how bad the WDW withdrawals have been. I was *just* there in May & I'm already dying to back!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I'm so glad you are getting back. And you'll have a lot to show your friend if she's not been there since 2004!

I'm envious of the Beach Club...I will get there one of these days.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I'm so glad you are getting back. And you'll have a lot to show your friend if she's not been there since 2004!

I'm envious of the Beach Club...I will get there one of these days.

I'm excited to stay somewhere "new". Let's hope I don't see any foot fetish weirdoes again.
I can't wait for my friend to go on Expedition Everest & Soarin. She will love them!
OMG- Just caught up on your thread & I can't believe Mark won $800!!! That is really awesome!!! :yay:

It sounds like you and your friend have a great trip planned! Because she hasn't been there in so long, it'll be fun showing her all the "new" things.

I've been having a bit of Disney depression lately too. I've even contemplated a trip over Thanksgiving but it'd be too short and expensive.

Aprilisis, I, for one would love to see photos from your Vegas trip. I have enjoyed all of your photos so far. I love being "transported" places and your photos seem to do the trick too. Thanks so much for sharing them all. If you are allowed, again, would love to see the Vegas ones. Enjoy!

Thanks!!! I'm new to Beach Club and I'm very excited to stay there! I was wondering if they have a quick service food area. Do you have a Beach Club thread up on the boards?

I see you found the answer to your question about the BC forum. Yes, I am the "Keeper of the Thread" for the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ.

You can get some quick service food items at The Beach Club Marketplace, but there is no CS location like Captain Cooks or the place at the CR or like at the Mods or Values.

For breakfast they have fruit, pastries, muffins, croissant sandwiches with egg (can't remember if you eat eggs) and for lunch they have build your own sandwiches and flatbread pizzas, some of which are vegetarian.

Here is a posting from the FAQ section of the thread:

I've heard there are no Counter Service options at the EPCOT resorts. Is my family going to starve???

Um. No. Check out this link- pixarmom walked around the area and took pictures of the menus of all of the counter service restaurants in the area. Thanks!

There is also link for the Beach Club Marketplace with lots of pictures and information about the food offering there.

EPCOT resort Counter Service Menus

Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread

Aprilisis, I, for one would love to see photos from your Vegas trip. I have enjoyed all of your photos so far. I love being "transported" places and your photos seem to do the trick too. Thanks so much for sharing them all. If you are allowed, again, would love to see the Vegas ones. Enjoy!

Hi Cira- I'm not April, but I know that you can find her pictures from her trip to Las Vegas on this thread! :goodvibes

Her mini trip report starts on page 13.

Wow, gorgeous pictures! Just found this thread and cant wait to view the whole thing. I am taking a new camera to WDW in November and I hope to get some better pictures this time...or could I just have copies of yours????;)

Thanks so much for "taking me there" with your awesome photos!

I'm so glad you read along! I usually don't have a heck of a lot to say, but I do post a ton of photos.

It sounds like you and your friend have a great trip planned! Because she hasn't been there in so long, it'll be fun showing her all the "new" things.

I've been having a bit of Disney depression lately too. I've even contemplated a trip over Thanksgiving but it'd be too short and expensive.

Thanks! I can't wait to go. I'm already in a panic because I have no vacations planned after this one. My friend, Greg, should be back from Korea in March or so & I think I'll meet him in WDW for a few days. It's hard taking longer trips right now because Isis is getting older and I worry A LOT while I'm away.

Thanks!!! If you scroll down on page 13, you will see the start of the Vegas photos.There's also a link to my photos on Flickr in my signature if you would prefer to see them all in one place.

I see you found the answer to your question about the BC forum. Yes, I am the "Keeper of the Thread" for the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ.

You can get some quick service food items at The Beach Club Marketplace, but there is no CS location like Captain Cooks or the place at the CR or like at the Mods or Values.

For breakfast they have fruit, pastries, muffins, croissant sandwiches with egg (can't remember if you eat eggs) and for lunch they have build your own sandwiches and flatbread pizzas, some of which are vegetarian.

Here is a posting from the FAQ section of the thread:

I've heard there are no Counter Service options at the EPCOT resorts. Is my family going to starve???

Um. No. Check out this link- pixarmom walked around the area and took pictures of the menus of all of the counter service restaurants in the area. Thanks!

There is also link for the Beach Club Marketplace with lots of pictures and information about the food offering there.

EPCOT resort Counter Service Menus

Beach Club Marketplace Photo and Information Thread

OMG- you're the best!!! Thanks!

Hi Cira- I'm not April, but I know that you can find her pictures from her trip to Las Vegas on this thread! :goodvibes

Her mini trip report starts on page 13.

Thanks for answering that one!

Wow, gorgeous pictures! Just found this thread and cant wait to view the whole thing. I am taking a new camera to WDW in November and I hope to get some better pictures this time...or could I just have copies of yours????;)

Thanks!! Taking photos in WDW is my favorite thing to do. Have a great time in November with your new camera!!!!

Yay for you and your friend! I understand the Disney withdrawal. I was there in February, and I have no trips planned so I'm living vicariously through everyone's TRs and my own TR :lmao: I need to win the lottery so I can afford to go again! LOL.

Sounds like you guys have a great plan and will have a great trip.

Hi April,
How is little Isis doing? One of mine just had back surgery. He had 3 ruptured disks. He was dragging a back leg, we brought him to our regular vet who sent us to a neuro dr, then the next day (Saturday) he was in surgery. He's doing better every day. It's been almost a month. We have to keep him crated or with us on the couch. Friday we can start walking him to build up his strength. It's been a long month to say the least!
Our good friends are there right now, wish I was with them!

Yay for you and your friend! I understand the Disney withdrawal. I was there in February, and I have no trips planned so I'm living vicariously through everyone's TRs and my own TR :lmao: I need to win the lottery so I can afford to go again! LOL.

Sounds like you guys have a great plan and will have a great trip.

I hope so- I really need it!!!! I hope you get to go in December, too. I was even thinking of going in January, too.
I'm really sorry about your friend, Cathy.

Hi April,
How is little Isis doing? One of mine just had back surgery. He had 3 ruptured disks. He was dragging a back leg, we brought him to our regular vet who sent us to a neuro dr, then the next day (Saturday) he was in surgery. He's doing better every day. It's been almost a month. We have to keep him crated or with us on the couch. Friday we can start walking him to build up his strength. It's been a long month to say the least!
Our good friends are there right now, wish I was with them!

Oh, my!!! That must have been horribly scary! I freak out with surgeries. Isis actually started throwing up at 2am today. I have been worried sick about her all day. My mom stopped in to check on her at 12 & said it didn't look like she threw up again. The vet is supposed to be at my house at 4. I know she has a sensitive stomach & that she definitely could not have "gotten into" anything harmful, but I am really worried. I hate it when she is sick.

I need to get off of my behind & update you with our October plans. It just won't be today because Isis is sick. I can't believe I made it through work today with her being sick at home. Thank goodness my mom could check on her. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about what the vet is going to say. Now that she is 13, I freak out with every problem she has. I promise I will post some time this week about October.

April, I hope and pray that Isis gets better soon. I know what you mean about how worrying about the fur babies gets worse as they get older. You just can't help it.

I hope it's just something simple making Isis sick! I know my Phoenix will just randomly get sick a few times at least once a year, and it's never been anything but an upset stomach. I hope the vet says it's nothing and she is a healthy girl! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter