I don't get this? Package vs. Room Only

DisneyCruiser2008

DIS Veteran
We are doing a split stay in June... (2 adults 2 children) I already booked room only at AKL Club Level for 5 nights (June 10-15) directly through Disney.

I thought for the first half, I would just book a package (no dining) and get our tickets, etc. for the whole trip. We are planning to stay at Pop for the first 5 days....

So -- I went on the Disney site to price it out... Pop (Preferred Room) for 5 days plus 9 day Hopper tickets (2 adults, 2 kids) will be $1952.28.

Pop (Preferred room) Room only for those same 5 days is $771.... 9 Day Hoppers (separately) are $1102... So that comes out to $1873....

Booking separately is cheaper than the package, right? I don't really see the benefit of the package, unless you want dining?

Also -- from what I could tell, buying the Hoppers off of Disney's website looked cheaper than buying them from Undercover Tourist's site -- which I know a lot of people recommend... I don't get that either?

Maybe I am reading the prices wrong?

you are probably missing the taxes on the Disney price list for passes

undercover tourist is cheaper than Disney

buying a package also means you have to pay a $200 deposit up front and the balance 45 days out. If you book a room only you pay a one night deposit and the balance at check in.

The cancelation policy is more strict on the package as well.

I'm not sure why the package price is different for you... but I do know that Disney's prices on their website do NOT include taxes. Undercover Tourist's site DOES include taxes. Perhaps that's the difference in the package prices?

That's probably it -- the taxes... I bet Disney's package price already contains the taxes as well? That would make the room only + ticket price almost exactly the same as the package price.... that makes more sense.... :goodvibes

The package quote doesn't include taxes until you go to book it.

It may be that the website usually adds trip insurance to a package and you have to remove it to get the comparison price to room-only and tickets.

And UT is cheaper on tickets because it includes both taxes and shipping. Disney's site includes neither. Back out 6.5% from UT's prices and you'll see the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter