I don’t have time for a Doctor, Dec 18/Jan 19 TR updated 1/15

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by petals, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:25 PM.

1. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Welcome to my latest trip report :flower3: This will take a while because I have way to many photos so grab some popcorn and make yourself comfortable popcorn::

So introductions. Firstly there's me, 33 year old Disney fan from Ireland. I love Stitch, Baymax, Olaf, Eeyore, Dopey, Beast, Mickey and so much more.
    My trip buddy is my Momma who loves Dopey and Grumpy. We both tend not to appear in photos however occasionally there will be photos of my trip mascot Angel, a white bear that comes all over the world with us and usually he gets more attention than us!
    [​IMG]
    I love Disney trips and I think Momma only comes for the holiday but together we've been to California once, Paris 5 times and this was our 6th time in Florida but we hadn't been there for 7 years!

So trip details, we were in Orlando from the 28th of December 2018 until the 10th of January 2019. The first week we stayed at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando on International Drive. Then the second week we moved to Disney's Art of Animation resort.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 3:11 PM
    xlsm, Templemom and DLo like this.
  2. petals

Reserved for index

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

I'm joining in and following along. Can't wait to hear how your Disney trip went and what you thought of Art of Animation. However, your TR title does have me worried there might've been a hiccup along the way!

5. DLo

DLo DIS Veteran

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures

6. petals

Welcome :flower3: All will be revealed as we go along

Welcome :flower3:

7. mamamelody2

mamamelody2 DIS Veteran

8. petals

Welcome :flower3:

9. petals

So the day before the trip we were going to a show in Dublin so on the 26th I took the Christmas tree down and finished packing and that's when I noticed that the zip was broken on the case! :scared1: I hadn't used it since our trip to Paris in January 2018 so hadn't noticed anything wrong with it but as I was closing it I spotted a piece of thread hanging out of it and when I looked closer the zip had actually come away from the material. I reckon it happened in Paris because a few things got broken or torn in the hotel due to seemingly rough cleaners like the lock on my case got broken and I left snow boots beside my case another day and when I came back there was a cut across the front of one so I reckon the case was another unnoticed victim of the same trip. Anyway it meant the day before the trip once we sorted out the fur babies that were staying at home I needed to go look for a new suitcase and repack. Thankfully the shopping centre had loads so just grabbed the first one I thought matched the size and quickly repacked before it was time to head to Dublin. Mommas friend was driving us to Dublin so he dropped us at the theatre where we went to see Les Miserables. We had front row seats and it was an amazing show!
    [​IMG]
    After the show Mommas friend picked us up again and dropped us out to the hotel. We were staying in a Premier Inn near the airport. When we arrived though there was a couple standing at the entrance door smoking. I went around the girl to see if I could get in a side door because the revolving door said no suitcases were allowed. The side door wouldn't open though so I stepped back out of the way while Momma's other half took her cases through the revolving door (and got them jammed in the doors!) A security guard eventually came and opened the side door so that I could get in but not before the girl from the couple that had been at the door started trying to have an argument with me. She started shouting that I was so rude that I had just pushed past her and hit her with my case and didn't even say excuse me. It was all a pack of lies. I hadn't touched her but she already had a black eye from somewhere else so one would presume it wasn't the first time she'd tried to have a fight with someone. So I just went look if I hit you I'm sorry it wasn't intentional and headed into the hotel to check in. We were on the top floor and I headed straight to bed looking forward to Florida but with my fingers crossed that nothing else was going to go wrong!
    [​IMG]

xlsm likes this.
  10. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

So cute!!

Ugh, no!! That is frustrating. At least you had time to take care of it, but how annoying after you'd already gotten packed.

One of my very favorite shows!!

I'm excited to see how your trip went!! Sorry about the rude hotel girl, that's crazy!!

11. petals

Thanks. He usually gets more attention than we do on the trips :rotfl2:

I was sad. I'd had that case for years and I don't do well with change :rotfl: but at least I spotted it before we went. Would have been worse if I'd checked it in and it burst open totally on the way or something.

It was amazing. It was the first time I've seen it on stage. I saw the movie and knew all the songs from being involved with musical societies. They tended to be the main sing song songs during the musical society awards weekends that I used to go to. On stage it was fabulous though.

The rude girl was an insane moment. I was looking at the black eye she already had going crap what do I do if she starts getting physical. :scared1:

12. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Yikes, you certainly hit a few road bumps before your trip. The broken case sounds frustrating, and I'm sure having to run to the store right after Christmas was a little chaotic. Glad you were able to find a replacement, though.

You can't go wrong with a Premier hotel; they're pretty safe bets. Although, the hostile guest standing in the way you probably could have done without. :rolleyes2

13. petals

I was panicked a bit by everything going wrong. Momma had got a hairdresser to come to the house that morning though and she suggested one shop and when I went in they had loads of cases. I just had about 30 minutes to get repacked before we had to leave!

We've stayed in that Premier inn a few times now. It's handy as it has a shuttle to the airport but the angry guest was a tad scary. I wanted to tell reception but Momma wouldn't let me