I don´t want to bring bad news but....

Not the best news for many. Was hoping to move up from a value to a moderate but don't know if I can swing it now. That said, I'll have to crunch the numbers for a moderate with FD, a moderate with RO and no FR, and a value with both as well.....if it isn't too much of a difference to go with the mod, I'm doing it!

I just hope they reconsider putting millions into Avatar land....

My thoughts on Disney discounts differs from a lot of people, but I wholeheartedly agree with this! I was glad that Avatarland wasn't the big announcement last night.

Well it saddens me, as we've used that discount for years and years. My husband's first reaction was 'well then we just won't go!' LOL......ummmm, yea, sure. I will still find a way to go, whether it's going less days or staying off site.

Nothing good last forever.

It SEEMS (only that,seems, we must wait things may change) that the next FD offer will be a litle different from last years promotions, moderates and the luxes will get QSDP and nothing :crazy2: for values, I see clouds in the horizon :confused3 , sorry for that, and let´s celebrate the New Year with our beloved ones. The most magical and happy new year for all of you pixiedust:

Well, I have to admit that would be disappointing. I understand Disney is a business that owes me nothing but it does mean I would definitely do a split stay, going off site for some Universal days, and maybe even a WP day and then go onsite for our Disney days. With free dining I have an incentive to stay on site the entire time, without I don't.

They have alot of expensive resort rooms to keep occupied and alot of IMHO very overpriced dining venues to keep filled....so only time will tell if strategy will be effective...

We had free QS with our most recent stay at Coronado Springs and we liked it...we do not like to spend alot of our Disney time sitting in restaurants, and there are some very good QS options that helpful people on these boards made me aware of...

I'd be happy with QS, then you can always pay the difference and get the DDP. I believe it would still be better than the 25% room discount we got at POR for this coming trip. There are 5 of us so the FD is still a better discount because 4 of us are "disney adults", and the room discount is the same if you have 2 or 5 people. So I'd be happy getting QS for moderate. Now if they drop discounts any lower...we may visit somewhere else. Like OP said, we save $XXX every month for our vacation every year, and the last 11 years have been Disney. But when we can no longer do the trip we want for that money- we will go offsite or someplace else finally. This coming April trip, is stretching it, being our most expensive yet and we used the promo that just came out for Visa member this past week got 25% and a slight discount on our tix.

I think what it will do is more people will end up staying offsite, eating more offsite, and maybe only going to the parks for a few days- and *gasp* visiting OTHER parks too. That's us. The current offer for our dates stinks. Currently crunching the numbers for a 3 bedroom condo and only going to WDW Parks for 4 days instead of 9- the other days will be spent at Legoland, and Seaworld- kids too young to appreciate Universal... but, that most likely will be the trip after next with possibly no time at WDW at all. I hope WDW feels it in their bottom line. The only way to get WDW to listen and change is to stop giving them all your business IMO.

I would recommend people wait until the offer is out.

When we were at Disney last August I was able to book a bounce back offer with FD, staying at Pop Century. On the printed offer in the room it only showed moderate and deluxe resorts but when I called, Value resorts were available with the QSDP. For a fee I was able to upgrade from the QSDP to the Basic Dining Plan.

A friend was at Disney in November and she was able to book the same.

So....there have at least been some FD offers made for Value resorts with free QSDP. Hopefully that bodes well for an upcoming offer.

Time will tell.....

this was our first experience with QSFD and POP(value) not to forget, that we also changed our dates by 2 days to get the FD-we go over xmas due to kids' school sports. We have done the all star resorts when the kids were little. I do have to say that our trip in 2010 was at CBR-much more my style-love the moderate resorts.
we are tossing around a moderate for our next trip and we were also hoping for a FD(although if it were for QS we would be happier). I dont have an issue with the dining IF it is free-if I were to have to pay for it, may opt out-way too much food and we seemed to waste A LOT! hoping for Dec '13 but if not, we will for sure be there Dec '14!

Am I the only one that thinks that is AWFUL of Disney to offer NOTHING for the Values?!? Especially when I would be paying over $300 per night for. Suite at AoA( at least that WAS the plan)?!?! Time to start looking off site....

Am I the only one that thinks that is AWFUL of Disney to offer NOTHING for the Values?!? Especially when I would be paying over $300 per night for. Suite at AoA( at least that WAS the plan)?!?! Time to start looking off site....

I don't look at the suites that way. You are getting a 1 bedroom type setup for a lot less than you'd be paying for it at the deluxe level. You could get 2 rooms for less than the suite if you wanted.

It's a nice option for larger families who can't afford to upgrade that extremely. A value is a value though - you know it's a value suite going into it, IMO.

I can see why they are doing this. People are just not BUYING the dining plan like they used to, because it is not really a great value anymore for most folks. (I know it works for foodies)

I think the dining plans will be overhauled majorly moving forward with elimination maybe even possible. (Maybe with some TIW like deal attached to packages)

No way I'd pay $300 for a "suite" at a value anyway.

I would recommend people wait until the offer is out.

When we were at Disney last August I was able to book a bounce back offer with FD, staying at Pop Century. On the printed offer in the room it only showed moderate and deluxe resorts but when I called, Value resorts were available with the QSDP. For a fee I was able to upgrade from the QSDP to the Basic Dining Plan.

A friend was at Disney in November and she was able to book the same.

So....there have at least been some FD offers made for Value resorts with free QSDP. Hopefully that bodes well for an upcoming offer.

Time will tell.....

A UK'er on the restaurant boards said this offer has rolled out on the UK site?

If this would come out for November, I would be happy with it or the SPD. I just pray the most recent discount isn't the one offered for November. That one would barely save us anything. I do hate to see this happen for so many who struggle to go on their once in a lifetime trip or their once every several years trips. I do understand those of you who go 2 or more times a year are not bothered by this. If you can afford to go that often chances are you can afford to pay more. Have some empathy for those who can't afford it instead of giving them the Disney is a business speech!

It SEEMS (only that,seems, we must wait things may change) that the next FD offer will be a litle different from last years promotions, moderates and the luxes will get QSDP and nothing :crazy2: for values, I see clouds in the horizon :confused3 , sorry for that, and let´s celebrate the New Year with our beloved ones. The most magical and happy new year for all of you pixiedust:

I see a lot of empty rooms at WDW on the horizon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter