I don’t know where we’re staying, but I know where we’re eating! May 2011 *NEW 5/10!

OMGOMGOMGOMG...how close is our trip getting?!?! AAAKKKKK! I can't even contain myself. Seriously--no one that I know wants to talk to me because every other word out of my mouth is 'in 2 weeks we'll be doing this' or I can't wait til Disney...haha! And I'm on spring break this week, so I don't have much else to do but sit back, stalk the DIS boards and rework my touring plans if I need too. ;)

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend and score on the Disney Gift Card :)

Only 12 days, its getting soooooo close :teeth:

I am a BIG fan of your late night at Magic Kingdom plan!

OMGOMGOMGOMG...how close is our trip getting?!?! AAAKKKKK! I can't even contain myself. Seriously--no one that I know wants to talk to me because every other word out of my mouth is 'in 2 weeks we'll be doing this' or I can't wait til Disney...haha! And I'm on spring break this week, so I don't have much else to do but sit back, stalk the DIS boards and rework my touring plans if I need too. ;)

I don't talk about Disney at work, but I am constantly thinking about it! They already think I'm nuts for going again (jealous! :rolleyes1 )

Poor Ben gets the brunt of my relentless Disney speak... but he is in LA right now, so DIS boards it is!

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend and score on the Disney Gift Card :)

Only 12 days, its getting soooooo close :teeth:

We had a fantastic weekend! But now there is nothing between us an Disney- the days are going too slowly!

I am a BIG fan of your late night at Magic Kingdom plan!

A nap is essential to the plan. Last trip, we were ambitious and thought we could tough it out. We were wrong 'cause DH and I are getting old ;)

Ok, there's someone at Disney who is trying to make me become a totally useless pile of goo with excitement for this trip. And that person would be the 'Disney Institute Programs Production Coordinator'
We got this email today:

Hello,
This message is for Ben and Joyce. This is a courtesy reminder that you are scheduled for a Backstage Magic tour on May3, 2011. We ask that you arrive out in front of Epcot at 8:45 AM near the Guest Relations area. We would also like to remind you that each guest is required to have a Government issued photo ID such as a drivers license or passport. We will be visiting work areas and it is required for your safety that each member of the party wear closed toe/closed heel shoes.

Thank you, and have a Magical Day

Seriously, like how could I forget? :woohoo: I wonder if we'll get another email about our AK tour in the next couple of days?

Also, since Disney extended hours for MK and DHS for May, guess what?
With EMH, MK will be open till 3 am on our arrival day. Wanna take bets on a)what time we make it till
and b)whether we make it to MK rope drop the day after? :rotfl:

The extended hours don't effect any of our plans, really. Just means we have some more options for night park touring if we choose to. I suppose this means there may be higher crowds then I was hoping for, but that's ok!

With EMH, MK will be open till 3 am on our arrival day. Wanna take bets on a)what time we make it till

Awe, come on Joyce... you are young. Do you actually need sleep? ;) I know it would be tempting for even me to stay out late and then try and get up for RD. I can't wait to hear how it works out for you. :goodvibes

omg you leave so soon!!!! ahhhhh!i'm still 40 days out and every monring i'll say to my DD, in x amount of days at this time we will be in an Airplane!!!!!

and i try very hard not to talk about Disney to my DBF, i think i've already driven him insane, and i dont want him to hate it! i just keep telling him that i think he will be amazed at everything! lol... please let this be the truth!

ps. i'm watching cinderella right now and all i wnat to do is be at Cinderellas castle this minute!!!

Awe, come on Joyce... you are young. Do you actually need sleep? ;) I know it would be tempting for even me to stay out late and then try and get up for RD. I can't wait to hear how it works out for you. :goodvibes

Youngish, maybe :rotfl:

I think we can do it, with the help of naps, coffee and adrenaline!
I'm really only thinking of heading to the MK for the tail end of the late hours. It'll be crowded right after Wishes, but if we get over there right after and wait out the crowds leaving, we might have some fun!

omg you leave so soon!!!! ahhhhh!i'm still 40 days out and every monring i'll say to my DD, in x amount of days at this time we will be in an Airplane!!!!!

and i try very hard not to talk about Disney to my DBF, i think i've already driven him insane, and i dont want him to hate it! i just keep telling him that i think he will be amazed at everything! lol... please let this be the truth!

ps. i'm watching cinderella right now and all i wnat to do is be at Cinderellas castle this minute!!!

I know what you mean about talking about it too much. You want him to be excited, but don't want to push too far!

By the time I am back from my trip, you'll be just about ready to head out on yours!!

I love when I get random emails/mail from Disney about my trip! I just got some planning packet last week, and I was SO excited! :cool1: I still have such a long time to wait though...I don't know how I'm going to make it!

I can't believe MK is open til 3!! I would LOVE to be in MK that late! I think you can do it and make rope drop the next day! :banana:

I love when I get random emails/mail from Disney about my trip! I just got some planning packet last week, and I was SO excited! :cool1: I still have such a long time to wait though...I don't know how I'm going to make it!

I can't believe MK is open til 3!! I would LOVE to be in MK that late! I think you can do it and make rope drop the next day! :banana:

Even the ADR confirmation emails make me smile :)

3am is the latest I think I've had the MK open during one of my trips. Though back when they had 'E ride nights' (anyone remember those, before evening EMH came to be?) it may have been close to that late.
Thanks for your vote of confidence! I sure do hope we make it!

Ok, there's someone at Disney who is trying to make me become a totally useless pile of goo with excitement for this trip. And that person would be the 'Disney Institute Programs Production Coordinator'
We got this email today:

Hello,
This message is for Ben and Joyce. This is a courtesy reminder that you are scheduled for a Backstage Magic tour on May3, 2011. We ask that you arrive out in front of Epcot at 8:45 AM near the Guest Relations area. We would also like to remind you that each guest is required to have a Government issued photo ID such as a drivers license or passport. We will be visiting work areas and it is required for your safety that each member of the party wear closed toe/closed heel shoes.

Thank you, and have a Magical Day

Seriously, like how could I forget? :woohoo: I wonder if we'll get another email about our AK tour in the next couple of days?

The extended hours don't effect any of our plans, really. Just means we have some more options for night park touring if we choose to. I suppose this means there may be higher crowds then I was hoping for, but that's ok!

I can't believe you forgot about the Backstage Tour, bless you :laughing:

Its so exciting about the extended hours, esp DHS as the latest they ever stay open is like 10pm. I can see a few late night park trips in your very close 9 day future :teeth:

I can't believe you forgot about the Backstage Tour, bless you :laughing:

Its so exciting about the extended hours, esp DHS as the latest they ever stay open is like 10pm. I can see a few late night park trips in your very close 9 day future :teeth:

Oh, I didn't forget! I thought it was funny they thought I could!

9 days manages to still feel so long!

I can't believe your trip is only 8 days away, Joyce! I am so excited for you and Ben! You've got some great plans and I know you're going to have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

How fun that you got an email from the "Disney Institute" - that's so official sounding. :laughing:

Oh, and I'm a wait-time app checker, too! I do it all the time. It helps to cure the Disney blues when I'm not there! :lmao:

I can't believe your trip is only 8 days away, Joyce! I am so excited for you and Ben! You've got some great plans and I know you're going to have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

How fun that you got an email from the "Disney Institute" - that's so official sounding. :laughing:

Oh, and I'm a wait-time app checker, too! I do it all the time. It helps to cure the Disney blues when I'm not there! :lmao:

:goodvibes
Thanks, Courtney! I really don't feel like the trip is so close... I'm working all weekend and have things to do every night right after work. No time to dwell on the trip (which is a good thing- less time to go crazy!)

But this time next week, I should be heading to bed to get some sleep before our 4am wake up to go to the airport!!!!!!!!

Next week at this time you'll be at Disney!

I hope you have a great time. Don't work too hard this weekend!

I have wanted to post a PTR update for days, but I haven't been able to! I've snuck on the DIS and managed to post a reply here and there, but there's been no time to really sit down and write anything.

Our 1st anniversary was yesterday (Easter!), so after I got home from work, we had a nice dinner out, followed by some champagne (drank from our Mickey toasting flutes, of course!)
Since we didn't have any wedding cake saved, we ended up ordering desert at the restaurant- they had carrot cake and a yummy chocolate cake (those were the two flavors our wedding cake was made of).
It was a low-key, very nice celebration! Of course, the real party will start next week when we leave for Florida!

But now that the longest weekend ever is over, we can move straight ahead to the trip!

With only 6 days left, we're getting pretty antsy to leave. I haven't packed yet, but at least I tried on summer clothes and started getting them washed and ready to be packed. I have Wednesday and Thursday off work, so I plan to get everything ready to go then.

I still need to laminate my LGMH, which I keep forgetting to do at work! Hopefully I manage to remember in the next few days!
I also need to re-check hours for our week, and print out our list of ADR and reservation numbers.
We've bought a few of the food type things we plan to bring (coffee!), but still need to pick up some things (bagels and granola bars. And rum!)

One thing that was kind of a bummer is that when I went to do on-line check in, I couldn't! I think it's because of the split stay- we are still more than 10 days out from our OKW check in, and the two hotel check-ins are linked under the same reservation number. I'll try the day or so before we go, but I'm not really too worried about it.
Online check-in made no difference for us in September (we probably would have ended up with the dirty room, anyway. I think...)

Hmmm, this was kind of a boring update... I'm just so psyched to be leaving so soon, I wanted to post something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter