I didn't like Pop Century. . .

stemikger

DIS Veteran
I didn't like Pop Century. . .

I LOVED IT. Pop Century was fantastic. It surpassed my expectations in every way. I stayed for 10 nights and loved every second. My wife and daughter already told me that they want to stay here when we come back. My wife liked it better than CBR and POFQ. This definitely did not feel like a value resort. The service was great, mousekeeping was great and I can't think of one problem I had while staying here. I never stayed at a value so I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't think it would be this nice. I didn't feel like I was compromising in any way. I liked it better than the moderates I stayed at and when we had our charcter breakfast in the contemporary, my daughter made the comment that she likes Pop Century better. She loved the game room and loved coming back to the resort after our day in the parks.

This resort feels like an extension of the parks. It is so festive in its theming that you really feel like the magic is with you 24 hours a day. The Hippie Dippie Pool is the best. I stayed in the 60s and would always want to stay in this section. I will soon write a report on this resort. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to respond to this.

Also, thanks for all the great advice everyone gave me. My trip was wonderful.

POP Century is the best!!!!!

Glad to hear you liked POP so much. We will be there for the first time in November. What year would be your personal recommendation for someone using a car?

IF you can use the buses you would be better off. I never use a car when I go. Some of my friends complained about the parking lot in Pop Century. My experience with the buses is excellent. I went August 16 - 26th and never waited more than 10 minutes. I had a friend tell me that the parking lot was crowded and he had to ride around looking for a spot.

We also will be staying there for the first time in Oct. Glad to hear you LOVED IT! Makes me feel more confident in my decission.

Would you describe the game room for me. How large is it? DS is lookinf forward to the Pop game room, but I'm debating whether to go to DQ. But of course DQ would be even more money.
Also, did you pay extra for a preferrred room to get the 60's section or did you just request it?

:D Thanks for the post. DW and I will be there in Dec. and are really looking forward to trying out the POP.

Have to admit you had me nervous with the post title!!!!:D

We stayed at Pop Century in July and LOVED it too!!! We'll be back in Dec for another stay at Pop Century! We also had a great time - quiet room, great mousekeeping, great CMs!!!

We stayed in the 60s Bldg too - our room overlooked the kiddy pool. It was very quiet - and we never heard our neighbors!

Have a great time!!!

We just stayed at Pop last week. We loved it too!!!! The decor was so fun. We did have a problem with the lady that checked us in, but we went up to another girl and she was great.

PlutosFriend

We used our car and we were in the 50's building. We really never had a problem getting a space, and we would come back to the room late.

:eek: Boy you scared me with the title of your thread!

I am sooooo glad to hear you had suach a fun time. My DW and I are staying at Pop in early October and can't wait to arrive. I only hope we have as much fun as you did!!

Winston,

The game room is really nice. It is pretty big, but it can't compare to Disney Quest. It is on the lines of a Chuckie Cheese kind of thing, but more games and no characters. There are prizes that can be redeemed for tickets, but the prizes are not that great. My daughter is 9 and she loved it and I liked some of the games too. :wave2:

The title of your post scared me.

We (DW, and DD 2 1/2) are heading down there the week leading up to thanksgiving. I'm glad I actually read the post and saw what a great time you had. After hearing some other bad reviews about the resort I was re-thinking staying at POP.

We will also be going in Oct and are very excited! I am driving my bestfriend nuts showing her 4yo DD pictures and getting her going-lol!

I am so gald you enjoyed your stay the Pop. We will be staying there in May 05. My DD6 can't wait.:D

I am glad you liked it! I am staying in October and we have always stayed on Disney property. Have stayed @ all three Value resorts,POR, and OKW. How does it compare to the other Value resorts or do you like it better?

Thanks, DisneyDianne

Thx for the review, stemikger!

IMHO while the moderates may be *nicer* they just don't have the magic of the larger-than-life All Stars and Pop Century.

When i'd look out the window at the moderates, i often felt i could be *anywhere* on the face of the earth!! But i wanted to feel, to KNOW that I was at WDW!!!

:)

Hi stemikger ! :wave:

I stayed at POP last year. This year I wanted to make a change and stay at POFQ (it's a surprise for my parents).

But now I am a little bit worried about my choice

Why did you prefered POP at POFQ ?

Thanks

I'm happy to hear you had a great time!!! My family said the same things as yours, how much FUN the hotel is! In the past I never liked coming home at night after the parks, but with POP it was another part of the FUN day!

I just don't see my family EVER spending the excess money for any of the moderates/deluxes if we can go down and have a GREAT time in a cheaply priced yet GREAT VALUED hotel. The money we would be spending each night at a more $$ hotel goes towards meals and souvineers!

POP ROCKS!

Hi Pkdcoastrs!

That is EXACTLY how i felt at the all stars and i know it will be the same at POP next march! It was a little of a let down in a sense, when returning back to dixie landings....while it WAS very nice, (as i've said before), it could have been located anywhere on the face of the earth!

But there is NO DOUBT where you are when at the all stars or pop ~ it screams magic! Maybe that's not what everyone wants, but it works for us! We travel ALOT outside of disney trips and each lodging has it's own memory. And the disney memories are totally seperate in the ole memory bank under MAGIC!

:sunny:

For the car people:

It is practically impossible to get a parking space in the 70s lot when returning from Pleasure Island. I don't know if it's better earlier in the evening but I'd guess it fills up soon after the parks close.

Try the 50s, I understand they have a bigger lot nearby. I've only stayed in the 70s and the 80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter