I cried over the wheelchair ** Final update about Bill 4/4**

mrsksomeday

My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
What happens when so many things that usually go right, go wrong? Well for me, it’s easy - I CRY... A LOT!! Anger or stress, emotional goodess and sadness, I CRY, I’m big huge cry baby. I have cried many times in Disney – Seeing the castle the first time, Wishes every time, my teenage son at the time having fun in WDW, the interactions of the Cast Members with my disabled boyfriend, and seeing wonderful people I have met on the DIS. Surprises from my boy friend especially make me ugly cry BIG TIME, they all make me CRY. So why was I crying about a wheelchair and 2nd floors? You will have to keep reading to find out.

Thanks to Smidgy for posting the link on FB. I am here, I read all your reports before.

Hello!! Thank you so much for joining in! :thumbsup2

Got my tissues ready. LOL

I am hoping I don't make others cry, I am just a big cry baby :rotfl:.

Hi Lorrie, thanks for being here :goodvibes

I'm here too Tracy, don't leave us hanging.

Hi! Glad you dropped by :banana:.

Woot woot! I'm in and ready to read more...

Thanks you so much :wizard:

:rotfl2:

I'm here! Tissues at the ready....

Hello, I hope I am the only one crying, we will see :laughing:

present and accounted for!!! I can't wait!

Hello, I hope you are Nebo are doing well, thanks for joining :hippie:. Thanks so much for sharing my link on FB.

Thanks to Smidgy for posting the link on FB. I am here, I read all your reports before.

Thanks for joining us again, I almost didn't write one this trip, I am now glad I am doing it :woohoo:

I'm here too Tracy :goodvibes

Hedy!!! I haven't seen you in ages, hope all is well :)

Hi Jo, happy to see you here :yay:

Hooray! Subbing :-)

Thanks for being here :hug:

Many times I felt like fate was telling us to stay home, don’t go, get on the phone and cancel the trip. In fact we did cancel it once. Who are we? Hmm, I guess I better start with us then I will add the supporting players as the story progresses.

Me – Tracy, turned 44 during the trip, very overweight, good sense of humor, loves Bill, Ace, my son Josh, and grandson Josh fiercely. Yes, I said it I am a Grandma, he is absolutely adorable.

BF – Bill, 43, very skinny, has Cerebral Palsy, fantastic sense of humor, loves all of us and anything electronic. He is wickedly intelligent, loving, and caring.

Ace – turned 9 right before the trip, loving, kind, neurotic, skittish, and crazy. Oh I should mention he is a dog. A goofy, happy, lazy Jack Russell/Rat Terrier. You need to remember this picture for later in the trip, there will be a quiz.

Isn’t he gorgeous? I think so. Yes Bill is kinda cute too ;).

Back to the story...

As I mentioned Bill has Cerebral Palsy. He can’t walk, has a speech impediment, has balance issues, his right hand and arm don’t work correctly and his arm doesn’t listen to him very often, hence deserving the nickname of “wild thing”. Bill has several muscle spasms a day, it is something we deal with, but this summer something else was going on and it wasn’t good. He was in extreme pain in his hip and it wasn’t going away. He has a huge pain tolerence to if he says he is in pain it is bad. The pain became so intense he decided with a heavy heart that we needed to cancel our December 2013 WDW trip. It broke our hearts to do this for many reasons:

1) We LOVE WDW, it is our happy place, it is the place we both feel “normal” where people talk to us rather than stare at us or ignore us.
2) We had a couple DIS meets that we were really looking forward to and it was breaking my heart to have to miss them.
3) We wanted to go somewhere, anywhere we were seriously going crazy staying home.

We went to the doctor and he was diagnosed with arthritis and bursitis in his left hip. New medications were prescribed and Bill was not hopeful. Many meds do not work for him or not in the way they do for others. For some reason this combination started working and working well. So much so that he rebooked the trip behind my back. If you have read any of my other trip reports (links in my signature) you already know that Bill loves to do things behind my back. This trip was no different, but back to this story.

We were planning on seeing Tinker_Tam and family, the St. Clair’s in WDW. They had many ups and downs on the road to our happy place. She will be writing a trip report as well and I will link it here so you can see what happened with them. We had met their family in 2010 in Disney and had stayed in touch ever since then. I adore her, we call each other DBFF – Disney Best Friends Forever :hug:.

With the trip back on, we had to redo all the ADR’s. Well not all of them, when I cancelled the dining reservations I didn’t cancel Be Our Guest, I just couldn’t and I am so glad I didn’t. I held on to one little tiny bit of hope and tried to believe Jiminy Cricket when he says “fate steps in and sees you through”.

November 30th rolled around and it was time to take Ace to the boarders. He knew where he was going, he loves the place, in fact he ignores me looking out the window waiting to get there.

Then we headed to St. Louis. The hotel we stay at had gotten a remodel since we were last there. I seriously thought I might have taken us to the wrong place. This time we got an accessible room like we were supposed to, the wheelchair charged like it was supposed to, and we got to sleep at a decent hour. I kept waiting for something to go wrong, well it didn’t - until the next day.

Next installment... This isn’t right, something is wrong

Yeah for Bill rebooking behind your back.

Yeah for dismeets.

UH-OH!!!

I'm so pleased Bill's meds worked and he rebooked! (I hope he's sleeping better now too!)

Yes I do think Ace is very cute and you and Bill aren't bad either ;) :rotfl2:

Are we the only Fockers on the DIS these days???

Coming out of retirement to read your TR, Tracy. :)

So glad Bill's hip improved!

So glad the meds worked and you were able to go - and keep your BOG!

I don't want you to have problems the next day! :worried: All your crying should be happy tears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter