I could use some help

Capt. Jack Sparrow

Earning My Ear...ring
Having grown up in Southern California and going to Disneyland at least three times a year, I've never had the need to stay at a hotel near the Resort. However, I now live in Oklahoma and would like to take my children and share with them some of the experiences I had as a child.

Here's my issue, if I am going to drop some serious cash on a week at the Resort, I'd like to know what I am getting. Although the official website is wonderful, as well as this one, neither provides enough specific info. What I am looking for is some more detail about the GCH. I am particularly interested in the 2 or 3 bedroom suite. I can't find a room layout anywhere online. I also can not find a hotel layout so I can see where these suites are located and what views they have. I am interested in the possibility of a suite where I can see both DL and DCA.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance. pirate:

I don't think you're going to get a room that has views of both parks ... GCH has the best DCA views ... some PPH rooms have decent DCA views ... not sure what DL views the DLH has.

GCH has an entrance right into DCA ... PPH supposedly has a "secret entrance" into DCA ... DLH is not connected to any park, but is close to the monorail station in DTD.

As for floor plans, you might want to call DLR directly and see if they can fax you the floor plans for the rooms you're interested in.

ivanova said:
I don't think you're going to get a room that has views of both parks ... GCH has the best DCA views ... some PPH rooms have decent DCA views ... not sure what DL views the DLH has.

GCH has an entrance right into DCA ... PPH supposedly has a "secret entrance" into DCA ... DLH is not connected to any park, but is close to the monorail station in DTD.

As for floor plans, you might want to call DLR directly and see if they can fax you the floor plans for the rooms you're interested in.

That's so not what I wanted to hear. :sad2: Thanks for the info. pirate:

Here's a link to room layouts at the GC. Scroll to the bottom & you'll see particular suites.

I know that they have a suite up on the 5th/6th floor that faces Disneyland & since it's on the corner, I think it overlooks DCA where Soaring Over California is - but I would have to do a little search on my notes to find out

Room Layout

Mary Jo said:

Here's a link to room layouts at the GC. Scroll to the bottom & you'll see particular suites.

I know that they have a suite up on the 5th/6th floor that faces Disneyland & since it's on the corner, I think it overlooks DCA where Soaring Over California is - but I would have to do a little search on my notes to find out

Room Layout

Mary Jo,

Thanks for your willingness to help. I had seen that page for which you posted the link. However, none of the suite layouts show anything other than 1 bedroom. They certainly appear to be beautiful rooms, but I only see one bed in each floor plan.

I was particulary please to learn that there might be rooms with a veiw of DL. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks again. pirate:

Grumpy_4_me -

I am most grateful for your information. Unfortunately, the site for which you posted the link mentions one, two, and three bedroom suites at the GCH, but the room layouts on the site only show one bedroom. Thanks again for your willingness to help. pirate:

The rooms may be one-bedroom suites, however, they convert to two bedroom suites by adding a room. If you look at the pic below, you'll see a connecting door on the left - put a standard room on the other side, and you'll have a two-room suite at the GC. I'm not sure about the 3-room suites.

When I visited the DL Hotel, I saw basically the same thing. (Keep in mind, though, that I've only seen a few rooms, so this is based on what I've seen or been shown.)

gch-art-king-793.gif

Okay, Mary Jo, I get it. As you can tell, I don't stay in hotels much. That's why I'm so apprehensive about dropping some serious change on the place. If my grandmother wasn't 90, we'd stay with her and save all the hassle.

Thanks again for all the help, from everyone. pirate:

but, if money is an issue, have you considered staying off site? When started Disney dreaming last fall the first thing I did was compare on and off site hotels. My conclusion was that staying onsite in California offers none of the perks that you get by staying onsite in Florida.

Since the only thing we're gonna do in our hotel room is sleep, we're staying off site. I may be completely confused, but it seems to me that the local hotels are as close as the official Disney resort hotels!

:wave2:

lntsmom said:
but, if money is an issue, have you considered staying off site? When started Disney dreaming last fall the first thing I did was compare on and off site hotels. My conclusion was that staying onsite in California offers none of the perks that you get by staying onsite in Florida.

Since the only thing we're gonna do in our hotel room is sleep, we're staying off site. I may be completely confused, but it seems to me that the local hotels are as close as the official Disney resort hotels!

:wave2:

Thanks for the advice. I had considered that, but money is not an issue. I am more interested in the experience. On my one and only visit to WDW, I was exteremly impressed with the atmosphere of the WDW Resort hotels. I was expecting the same at DLR. Having lived in So. Cal., I am most familiar with the hotels next to the property. However, I have also heard Walt's opinion towards those hotels. When he came up with the idea of WDW, they purchased enough land so that outside hotels could not build close to the parks. So much for growth - look at DTD at WDW. Outside hotels are right across the street. As a former cast member two times over, I want my dollars to go to Walt. Anyway, I'm more interested in the atmosphere than the price. I just want to ensure that if I'm going to drop a grand a night for a 3 bedroom suite, I'm not going to be staring at a parking lot out my bedroom window.

Thanks again for the input. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter