I converted my husband to Disney!!!

cgh

DIS Veteran
My husband was NOT a Disney person. When my eldest son (who is 9) was 2.5 we were going to the LA area and I said 'let's do DL!) That first trip, I bought 3 day park hoppers and he commented he thought that that might be too much. My son LOVED it!

In the beginning I made a point of highlighting the stuff I knew DH would like. (he loves trains, so I managed a tender ride, riding first in the monorail, etc.). We did pool time in the afternoon and did bedtimes, and had successful trips. Our trips have grown longer (we've done a week at DL!) and we have done WDW 3 times as a family.

We just went in April. At that point, I thought 2 years for next trip, and he said 5. The day after we got back, he had to fly off to LA for work. While he was there, he stopped by DL and stopped by DVC. We now are looking on buying into DVC!

Oh, and he has 2 Mickey shirts! This was NOT a Disney guy. He was skeptical. But, I converted him!!

I enjoyed your story. You did things right by including things your husband would like when you first started going . I’m sure you all have lots of happy memories of your trips. Being DVC members will be exciting and have lots of rewards.

:thumbsup2Well done! It took DH a couple trips to really see the light. On our last trip he was already planning our next one before we left. Success! ::yes::

My husband was also of that kind. He had gone as a child but didn’t really enjoy it. Seeing it through his own children’s eyes and how magical it all was has turned him into a Disney fan. He knows you can’t just show up to Disney and expect to have a good time without planning. He tells all his coworkers how great of a planner I have become. It only took one trip to convert him.

My S/O & I have been on many family trips to Disney with our blended family. Every trip he has a good time & 1/2 joking, 1/2 serious complains about how expensive Disney is, the waits for things, the cruddy food, blah, blah, blah.
"I'm all set with Disney" is what he said.
Well we're going to Cocoa Beach next year (couples trip) which is driving distance to Disney & guess who asked about making plans to go for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter