I come begging for help :)

hipchickie

counting the days
I have never stayed offsite, but am debating it for our upcoming trip in Jan.
I started looking, but holy cow - so many!!! and I can't find a site that sorts them by the amenities we want.

Anyone have a suggestions for a hotel that is reasonably close, and must have shuttle and micro and fridge in the room. A pool and free breakfast would be a nice perk too.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

I have never stayed offsite, but am debating it for our upcoming trip in Jan.
I started looking, but holy cow - so many!!! and I can't find a site that sorts them by the amenities we want.

Anyone have a suggestions for a hotel that is reasonably close, and must have shuttle and micro and fridge in the room. A pool and free breakfast would be a nice perk too.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

We just stayed at the Hawthorne Suites in Lake Buena Vista. They had all things you want, plus it's a true suite with 2 TVs, a fuller kitchen, and free beer, wine, soda and chips most nights.

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately I forgot the most important part!
Has to be cheap, under $60/night preferably

Anyone know one that is in walking distance to DTD? Maybe that would be a option, instead of one with a shuttle

Nothing not in DTD is really within walking distance unless you are a very good walker and are prepared to walk a mile or 2 AFTER a long day of walking around WDW. As for finding everything you want for under $60, try being more realistic. You either have to pay more for exactly what you want or bid less and hope for the best. Unless you run into a special you won't get both. Sign up for email specials from all of the travel sites and read up on possibles.

I think anyone reading that would rationally know that I was not talking about a 1-2 mile walk :lmao:

Since we are already booked into CBR at $100/night, staying offsite would have to present a significant cost saving to make up for any additional hassle.

I am guessing that you are not really familiar with room rates in January, because there is a lot out there in the $60 range, no need to be "realistic". Just looking from input from people who have stayed in one and have a recommendation, or know the layout of the area better than I.

Having stayed off-site and used a hotel shuttle service once before, I really don't recommend it. In fact, we ended up renting a car after the first two days. Hotel shuttle services usually run only a couple times in the morning and a couple of times around park closing. The hotel we stayed at contracted a bus with other hotels so we also made stops at other hotels for pick up/drop off. We found the service to be very inconvenient - not like the WDW on-site bus service at all.

Having stayed off-site and used a hotel shuttle service once before, I really don't recommend it. In fact, we ended up renting a car after the first two days. Hotel shuttle services usually run only a couple times in the morning and a couple of times around park closing. The hotel we stayed at contracted a bus with other hotels so we also made stops at other hotels for pick up/drop off. We found the service to be very inconvenient - not like the WDW on-site bus service at all.

I would second this. The shuttles are limited everywhere, to the best of my knowledge.

Isn't there a sale at the comfort inn, lake buena vista listed on this board?

Thank you both!
I am thinking that maybe it is just not worth it for the few dollars savings. We do enjoy the EMH, and I have no desire to drive.

Disneyland had a lot of hotels in walking distance, and with regular shuttle service. I am just not familiar with what is available in the same capacity at WDW - sounds like nothing ;)

I think we will just stay put and find a little savings elsewhere

Thanks again!

Comfort Inn LBV was running a $29 special.

We're staying in a condo next June for around $55 a night, but there's no shuttle and we will happily be driving a rental car.

I think anyone reading that would rationally know that I was not talking about a 1-2 mile walk :lmao:

You're the one who asked. The only close ones aren't going to have the amenities you asked for.

I am guessing that you are not really familiar with room rates in January, because there is a lot out there in the $60 range, no need to be "realistic". Just looking from input from people who have stayed in one and have a recommendation, or know the layout of the area better than I.

I'm guessing that you haven't found anything yet. Like I said, there are plenty of inexpensive hotels. But for someone who came begging for help you're a pretty choosy beggar and you aren't going to find something that meets all of your criteria for that price. Do yourself a favor, stay in CBR and pretend you got a deal :rotfl2:

well if you want to save money might consider one of the value resorts instead of a moderate.

the bus service offsite - either does not exist or is pretty bad.

either it stops at other hotels or/and it only comes a few times in the morning for going to the parks. and a few times in the evening for returning.

WDW is much, much bigger and spread across a wide area of land - DL is tiny in comparision.

well if you want to save money might consider one of the value resorts instead of a moderate.

I am so glad you posted this!
Last time I checked prices, the only special was moderates and above, and the price difference was very little. I just checked again and now the values are on discount too :thumbsup2 Saved $600 :goodvibes Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter