I can stay on site! Which moderate?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
I've been dropping hints about not staying at the conference hotel (the Sheraton World) for an upcoming Orlando trip, and last night dh decided it'd be better to stay in the World (know how hard it was to make him think that was his idea?) If we take advantage of the dreammaker 5 +2, we can stay in a moderate resort for about the same amount that the Sheraton conference rate, 5 day hopper pluses, and Seaworld admission would cost us. Now, the question is . . . which moderate? Coronado Springs or CBR? Here's what I need

1) Good pool because the kids (8 and 11) LOVE swimming.
2) Easy access to International drive because dh will still have to drive to the conference every day.

I vote for CSR... we're staying there in August!!

My rate for 7/5 is around $2045 for for 2 adult and 2 kids over 10, yours should be a little less because you have one child under 10.

I know you didn't mention it in you OP, but the Port Orleans resorts are closer to I-drive than the others. They both have AMAZING pools that the younguns will enjoy. POFQ also enjoys the distinction of being the smallest moderate, so all the rooms are close to the pool/food court/bus stop/parking lot. Throw in the boat ride to DTD and you've got yourself one heck of a great stay. I hope you'll consider them, cuz we loved them! Have a fab trip!

-H
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We booked there last year and got moved to the Poly because of the remodeling. Are they open again already?

Not sure exactly when you're planning to go but I have stayed at both CBR and POR a couple of times the first week of August. Coincidentally this is because I have a standing Orlando conference the last week of July. Anyway, both times I was at the CBR during the first week of August I found the main pool to be absolutely packed, to the point it wasn't even enjoyable. Found the POR pool less crowded and I liked the theming better.

I've never stayed at CSR, but I guess you can consider this a vote for Port Orleans Riverside.

I'm voting for Riverside or FQ too. The slide at FQ is awesome but I really like the park like setting of Riverside. Never made it over to the main pool at Riverside but did go to a couple of the smaller pools -- Riverside has 5. As long as my girls have a pool they really don't care how fancy it is!

I too vote for the POR it is much closer to everything, and it's great to take the boat to DD. I personally like the Riverside section better but both sides are nice. So my vote goes to POR. They have great pools also and with the remodeling just completed it should be great! It is also quite close to I4:cat: :fish:

I vote for POR! Such a nice resort. The theming is fantastic.

Friends staying at the Carribean told me that they were so far away from the food court they had to take an internal bus and it was a real pain.

Also, the food court at the Coronado Springs charges more than the other resorts, as it caters to a convention crowd.

We've stayed at POR and CSR. We have no desire to return to POR but we will be back at CSR in 17 days! The walk to the bus stop at CSR was much shorter for us and the buses were never crowded. We LOVE Pepper Market! There is a huge selection of food and we didn't feel it was any more pricey than anyplace else at WDW. We like the service at Pepper Market so we don't mind paying the 10%. Also we like the fact that we don't have to stand in line with trays to pay for our food before we eat it. Lots of people think there is too much walking at CSR. We didn't walk at all. We hopped on a bus to make our way all around the resort. Originally we were booked at CR for this trip but we were so impressed with CSR when we were there for Christmas that we changed our ressies so we could go back. It also helps that we were able to get AP rates so we will have 2 rooms for the same price that CR would have cost us. With 3 kids we are really looking forward to having 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, 2 TVs and each kid will have their own bed. We can't wait !!!

I enjoed my stay at CSR last week--had a great mousekeeper and got rides from the luggage handlers when too tired from the Pepper Market and arcade near there.:D

Although I've never been to CBR (just to walk around) I think the pool/slide @ CSR would be more interesting for your childrens ages.

I think the Port Orleans resort is great. I would not rule this one out! Like another member stated they have a boat ride to the downtown disney area which lets you off either at the West Side or by the Rainforset Cafe. (Have you ever tried to park in Downtown Disney? You drive around forever, searching for a parking spot all while getting frustrated to begin with!) They also have a fishing hole for the kids, horse drawn carriage rides, a great pool, you can bike around the resort, etc. I have stayed there a few times. We like it!:earsgirl:

I think the Port Orleans resort is great. I would not rule this one out! Like another member stated they have a boat ride to the downtown disney area which lets you off either at the West Side or by the Rainforset Cafe. (Have you ever tried to park in Downtown Disney? You drive around forever, searching for a parking spot all while getting frustrated to begin with!) They also have a fishing hole for the kids, horse drawn carriage rides, a great pool, you can bike around the resort, etc. I have stayed there a few times. We like it!:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!