"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Too...for Married Folks!
Disney Day 4 - Part 1

Our first day post-wedding also happened to be our day of MK touring with my family. My mom, step-father, grandmother, and aunt were all joining us at the Magic Kingdom for meals, rides, and copious amounts of fun. (Of course, we'd invited my other aunt/uncle/cousin as well, but they chose to do the MK on their own a different day and not to join us. Oh well. More fun for us! :P)

The MK had EMH that morning, so N and I toyed with the idea of going there early, but we also knew we'd be sleepy after the day we'd had the day before. We did alright getting up fairly early, and we were pleased to find it a fairly short walk to the bus stop. I was proudly sporting my "In my favourite place with my favourite person" shirt, as well as my new ears and my new Dooney. We didn't seem to wait too long for a bus, but I didn't keep track.

8GkdjkK.jpg

I also snapped fancy-married-person-ring-photos to pass the time.

J1GBkwF.jpg

We stepped off the bus at the MK at 8:38am, so we managed to get there for the last bit of EMH. Win! I'm sure you can guess which ride we headed straight toward...it's one that everyone makes a beeline for when they enter the park...

Winnie the Pooh!!!

1cuZmOf.jpg

...no? Not your typical first stop? Weird. We must be the only ones... o_O

In all seriousness, Winnie the Pooh happened to be the first ride I took N on when we went on our first trip together a couple of years ago, and so we decided we wanted it to be our first ride as married folks.

wSLdRCE.jpg

After surviving our very blustery morning, we made our way back toward Main Street...

E1bMlwT.jpg

...because I had a mission: get Photopass photos in our cute shirts and with my cute new hair before the worst of the sweating began.

We hit up a PP photographer off to the side of the castle first...

pFJib7U.jpg

Also, I'll include this next photo to demonstrate how very humid it was...

Yi1TYjB.jpg

...let's zoom in on my glasses here...

7LiDju3.jpg

Yep. Gross. (Also, N made this expression in at least half our PP pictures, or he squinted. He doesn't do well looking toward the sun.)

These pictures came out okay-ish, but I wanted to cover my bases, so we stoped for another photographer who was more straight-on to the castle. I'm glad we did, because these ended up being some of my favourite PP pictures from the trip!

wzElwoP.jpg

ekGdcZz.jpg

At this point, we had a bit more time before we were to meet for breakfast with these folks: (who were also just arriving at the park)

dgkMxO0.jpg

So we decided to get in line for Pirates. I believe the line said 20 minutes? But we had only made it into the first entryway area with the big doors when 20 minutes were almost up, and we decided we'd better get out of line so as not to miss our breakfast. I messaged my mom to tell her we were on our way a little early, and she said they were just heading to the restaurant to check in anyway. Where were we headed? ...

The Crystal Palace!!

bbw4b7M.jpg

(When we arrived, my grandmother insisted on a sweaty photo.)

After a few minutes waiting in the shade, we were brought inside to our table. Our server was excellent and she was very excited for us and our celebrating. She offered to take a picture of us around the table.

sfldEUl.jpg

Food was pretty standard fare here, but we always enjoy it. I got some fresh crispy allergy waffles with real maple syrup, and everyone else really enjoyed the bread pudding. Of course, we all met some friends from the Hundred Acre Wood...so I provide photographic evidence now for your enjoyment...

QH669EB.jpg

(Piglet's selfie game is STRONG!)

B6OyUfi.jpg

FnoSGUT.jpg

Tigger was feeling especially playful this morning...

y9IxDRK.jpg

...he thought he was hilarious.

6Ydth2W.jpg

And then came my favourite sad donkey...

3NgUzcU.jpg

So I insisted on my regular Eeyore selfie, and he happily (sadly?) obliged.

8FlHDeU.jpg

2Y3FY11.jpg

I was sad to hear that the characters don't sign autographs here anymore, and instead they give out those laminated paper honey pots with all the signatures on them. This is a great idea for saving time and giving out a free souvenir, but it was disappointing for me because I'd intended to get our photo mat signed by them all here. I mentioned it to our server who was so helpful, and I asked if there was any way to get it signed, even if not at the table. She went and checked for us with the character handler, and then the handler came over to our table and took the mat, and promised to have it signed by everyone out back so nobody would see them signing and expect them to sign at every table, etc. It was a really wonderful gesture, and it meant a lot to us. They returned the mat at the end of the meal with all the signatures! Everyone really enjoyed the meal, especially my aunt and grandmother, and I was glad to get the quality time with my family.

We had a few FP+ to get to next, so we headed in the direction of New Fantasyland. We were a bit early, so we jumped in line for the Little Mermaid ride first. I shared a clamshell with my love. :-)

0W7OZ3b.jpg

DeocCqL.jpg

The only thing that made this ride less-than-perfect was the family beside ours taking flash photos.

roKga3c.gif

Up next, it was time for our first FP at Peter Pan! Originally when we had expected everyone to come to MK on this day, I'd planned all our FP with my little cousin in mind. Fortunately, they were all excellent picks regardless, and everyone was pleased with them anyway.

We got in line...

i2fx8Bo.jpg

...and at the same time I'd been messaging Su-Lynn, known around here as @chunkymonkey. She was at MK with her ginormous family, and we were hoping to squeeze in a quick Dismeet.

The ride was magical, as always, and my grandmother had nothing but nice things to say about it. (It had been a few years since she'd been to WDW and she was really enjoying seeing and doing everything again.) After the ride, my mom snapped a picture of us...

xMbHOpi.jpg

Then we went into the gift shop close by (What's it called? Maybe Castle Couture? Something royal-ish...) and after a bit of scouting out the place, I ran into this lovely lady...

zsRDCDb.jpg

j6ZsQ4u.jpg

It was so nice to meet you, Su-Lynn, even if briefly! We were both busy with our families, and I believe Su-Lynn and her family had stepped into the gift shop so one of the little ones could rest a bit, so it ended up being a bit of a quick meet (so I apologize if I seemed in a rush when we met, Su-Lynn!) While we where there, Su-Lynn gave N and me a beautiful wedding card that was handmade by her sister! In the excitement of the moment, I didn't even think to open it up while we were there, but we opened it that day when we got back to the hotel room and it was AMAZING! I'll see if I can find a picture of it to post for you later on.

After this we were already in the area, so we decided to jump in line for It's a Small World. You may already know that this isn't my favourite ride, but it's a classic, so it was necessary.

We didn't quite have enough people to fill a boat like @chunkymonkey did with all her "Chunky Boats" and "Chunky Safaris," etc., but I think we still did okay...

5Z6YRUx.jpg

After we determined that the world, indeed, is small, we headed toward our next FP, stopping at the world's coolest bathrooms along the way...

wWwiX6b.jpg

Then we got in the FP line for Splash Mountain! And my grandmother insisted on another photo.

xjR0RXv.jpg

I love Splash. It's my absolute favourite. And the ride photo was hilarious because my mom's husband doesn't enjoy fast rides...or getting wet... :P) We got in our log flume, and we were off! But things were about to go downhill in more ways than one...

LiqyCak.jpg

That's all for now, folks! I'll "see" you all real soon when we return from Marathon Weekend, with an update for the rest of this MK day!

because I had a mission: get Photopass photos in our cute shirts and with my cute new hair before the worst of the sweating began
I had this goal most days, especially after family went home since they rode to the parks with us each day. We should have made them stop for a few too, and done a group one the first day when we had everyone!

I really like photopass and the idea now. Not only have we gotten a lot of good photos this past year on trips (and not so good too haha) but I really realized at Christmas... I've been into pictures and scrapbooking since middle school, so I usually take a lot and some selfies. But we put together digital frames for the grandparents for Christmas, and his brothers have so few pictures of them or with their SOs.
Also, N made this expression in at least half our PP pictures, or he squinted. He doesn't do well looking toward the sun.)
Haha Zack always says he's bad at smiling, and feels weird if his teeth show etc... I tell him he's overthinking it. But it just looks like he's over pictures now :rotfl:
The only thing that made this ride less-than-perfect was the family beside ours taking flash photos.

roKga3c.gif
Just wait until you see zack's face in our pirates photo because that was happening...
But things were about to go downhill in more ways than one...
Dun dun duhhhhhh!

Winnie the Pooh!!!

1cuZmOf.jpg

In all seriousness, Winnie the Pooh happened to be the first ride I took N on when we went on our first trip together a couple of years ago, and so we decided we wanted it to be our first ride as married folks.

Aww that's cute. I'd totally make a beeline for Winne the Pooh!!

I'm glad we did, because these ended up being some of my favourite PP pictures from the trip!

wzElwoP.jpg

Love these pictures!!! So magical and sweet!

Food was pretty standard fare here, but we always enjoy it. I got some fresh crispy allergy waffles with real maple syrup, and everyone else really enjoyed the bread pudding. Of course, we all met some friends from the Hundred Acre Wood...so I provide photographic evidence now for your enjoyment...

How cute you rode Winnie the Pooh and then had breakfast with them!! :)

I was sad to hear that the characters don't sign autographs here anymore, and instead they give out those laminated paper honey pots with all the signatures on them. This is a great idea for saving time and giving out a free souvenir, but it was disappointing for me because I'd intended to get our photo mat signed by them all here. I mentioned it to our server who was so helpful, and I asked if there was any way to get it signed, even if not at the table. She went and checked for us with the character handler, and then the handler came over to our table and took the mat, and promised to have it signed by everyone out back so nobody would see them signing and expect them to sign at every table, etc. It was a really wonderful gesture, and it meant a lot to us. They returned the mat at the end of the meal with all the signatures! Everyone really enjoyed the meal, especially my aunt and grandmother, and I was glad to get the quality time with my family.

Aww Disney magic!!! That's awesome!!!

roKga3c.gif

Hahaha this is so true. Along with people who get in the way of your pictures with the castle on Main Street.

...and at the same time I'd been messaging Su-Lynn, known around here as @chunkymonkey. She was at MK with her ginormous family, and we were hoping to squeeze in a quick Dismeet.

ginormous indeed!!!

Then we went into the gift shop close by (What's it called? Maybe Castle Couture? Something royal-ish...) and after a bit of scouting out the place, I ran into this lovely lady...

zsRDCDb.jpg

j6ZsQ4u.jpg

It was so nice to meet you, Su-Lynn, even if briefly! We were both busy with our families, and I believe Su-Lynn and her family had stepped into the gift shop so one of the little ones could rest a bit, so it ended up being a bit of a quick meet (so I apologize if I seemed in a rush when we met, Su-Lynn!) While we where there, Su-Lynn gave N and me a beautiful wedding card that was handmade by her sister! In the excitement of the moment, I didn't even think to open it up while we were there, but we opened it that day when we got back to the hotel room and it was AMAZING! I'll see if I can find a picture of it to post for you later on.

Aww it was so nice meeting you and Nate and your families! You are all so cute! I think your mom was filming our DISmeet! It was adorable!
I'm sorry I was a hot mess too! My niece kept asking me to buy the "white" fidget spinner, and not the black one, and she kept insisting I remember to get her the "white" one. Technically it was for her brother but she said she was just instructing me on what "he" wanted. Hahaha.
Glad you liked the card! I may have a picture somewhere and I'll post it if I do!

We didn't quite have enough people to fill a boat like @chunkymonkey did with all her "Chunky Boats" and "Chunky Safaris," etc., but I think we still did okay...

5Z6YRUx.jpg

Not bad at all!! :boat:

But things were about to go downhill in more ways than one...

uh oh!! what happened?

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

Poor Brad. He had texted N about what people were wearing for dinner, and N told him that he could wear whatever he wanted. Which was totally true! But he kind of gave him the impression that people would be dressing casually. While I had kind of given everyone else the impression that people would be dressing a little more comfortable-but-formal-dressy-ish. So the rest of us showed up in mildly cool-for-summer-but-dressy attire, and Brad wore a Captain America T-shirt! :laughing:
Poor Brad :laughing: But do you really expect anything else when men are communicating?

And when it was time for dessert I told our server I was ready and she got the chef to bring me this...

XUDFdg1.jpg
What’s in the middle? Some kind of sorbet?

Our Christmas involved a snow storm which seems to have put down even more than the anticipated foot of snow we were preparing for. It must have been a pretty serious pressure system, because I woke up this morning too dizzy to stand up. I'm very hopeful that tomorrow will be much better, both for clearing the roads and for my physical health...as tomorrow is our Fly Day for our next trip!! WDW, here we come!!
We got 50 inches in 2 days so I feel your pain. Have an amazing trip!!

I was sad to hear that the characters don't sign autographs here anymore, and instead they give out those laminated paper honey pots with all the signatures on them. This is a great idea for saving time and giving out a free souvenir, but it was disappointing for me because I'd intended to get our photo mat signed by them all here. I mentioned it to our server who was so h
I’m so sad about this :worried: We’re eating there on our next trip and I wanted tigger to sign a picture of me in a tigger costume as a kid.

It's a very real thing. Post Disney Depression is a real illness to be taken seriously, and jealousy is often one of my major side effects.

::yes::

It was! Every class is passed and accounted for, and I found out before Christmas, which lightened the stress significantly! Can't complain :goodvibes

Yay! Glad to hear that!

Oh my gawd...

:blush:

See?!?!?!!?

Mmm, should have been more specific! The shop is pretty serious business, too. They sell out fairly quickly and only open for new orders once a week.

Huh! Once a week.... Demand must be strong.

Also, I told Nathan he had to wear the "Swim-ming" shirt because it bothered me how the word was divided! :laughing:

:laughing:

Technically it's how you would divide the syllables properly and everything, but in speech language pathology we usually split words based on the elements that actually have meaning, so it would be more like "swim/ing" or "swimm/ing," and for some reason I figured I'd be obsessing about this division decision enough if I were wearing it that I wouldn't enjoy it

Well, I suppose that makes sense. :)

Also...I much more of a Marlin. Sadly. Nathan's a fabulous Dory type. :)

:lmao:

Thank you! That's very kind! It was a particularly easy smile that day.

I bet it was. :)

Exactly!! Priorities!!

It's really incredible. Disney is the only place I feel super confident about eating, other than my own home. Once in a while a restaurant will go above and beyond for allergies around here, but it's very rare. At Disney I've found it's very rare NOT to get this kind of service.

Just one more piece of the Disney magic puzzle.

He's great at lifting heavy things! And holding hands, or holding hair.

:laughing: I don't think that's a problem for you at the moment. Unless you let your hair grow back.

And opening tight jar lids!

ooooh... right. forgot that one.

Nathan appreciated this reference very much.

:laughing: Good!

Will read the update later. Gotta run!

J1GBkwF.jpg

Ooo pretty. This reminds me of a funny story. In DS we saw a lady taking pictures of her ring (I assume she was recently engaged) and she asked her fiance to take one. But she kept yelling at her fiance for not getting the right lighting in the picture :rotfl:

Our first Disney ride ever was Journey Into the Imagination :rotfl:

Have a great time in Disney!

Our first day post-wedding

Oh, sure. You're an old married couple now.
Welcome to the club.

The MK had EMH that morning, so N and I toyed with the idea of going there early, but we also knew we'd be sleepy after the day we'd had the day before.

No kidding! I'm surprised you got up in the a.m.!

Of course. This is a must.
(And beautiful ring, if I haven't already said that.)

I'm sure you can guess which ride we headed straight toward...it's one that everyone makes a beeline for when they enter the park...

Winnie the Pooh!!!

Well, of course.
The last time I soloed it was the first ride I rode, too!

Nope! Me too, apparently.

Awwww...

...because I had a mission: get Photopass photos in our cute shirts and with my cute new hair before the worst of the sweating began.

Because the shirts and hair would no longer be cute?

Whoa! Meghan's TR... now in stunning 3D!!

Yep. Gross.

Nope. Cute.

(Also, N made this expression in at least half our PP pictures, or he squinted. He doesn't do well looking toward the sun.)

No one does. You need a cloudy day for good photos. Or shade.

I believe the line said 20 minutes? But we had only made it into the first entryway area with the big doors when 20 minutes were almost up,

"... where we found another sign saying it was 20 minutes to get to the first turn of the hall."

Is it difficult to sweat on demand?

I got some fresh crispy allergy waffles

They made you eat allergy waffles?!?!? How cruel!

(Piglet's selfie game is STRONG!)

...he thought he was hilarious.

He was!

And then came my favourite sad donkey...

You have a second, not-so-favourite sad donkey?

I was sad to hear that the characters don't sign autographs here anymore,

They don't? Just too much time to do so?

it was disappointing for me because I'd intended to get our photo mat signed by them all here.

:(

the handler came over to our table and took the mat, and promised to have it signed by everyone out back so nobody would see them signing and expect them to sign at every table, etc.

nice! Really nice!

I shared a clamshell with my love. :-)

Awwww... :)

:sad2:

She was at MK with her ginormous family

::yes:: I've seen photos. There's over a hundred of 'em!

The ride was magical, as always

Of course it was. It's one of the best rides in all the parks.

Hi Su-Lynn!

While we where there, Su-Lynn gave N and me a beautiful wedding card that was handmade by her sister!

Aww... that's really nice of her.

After this we were already in the area, so we decided to jump in line for It's a Small World.

What??? Why!?!?!?

You may already know that this isn't my favourite ride, but it's a classic, so it was necessary.

No. No it's not.

stopping at the world's coolest bathrooms along the way...

Tangled tinkle spot!

That is amazing. Ugh. I love Disney magic.

While we where there, Su-Lynn gave N and me a beautiful wedding card that was handmade by her sister! In the excitement of the moment, I didn't even think to open it up while we were there, but we opened it that day when we got back to the hotel room and it was AMAZING! I'll see if I can find a picture of it to post for you later on.

How sweet! I would love to see it!

Wishing you a fantastic trip!

You had a great first-married-morning at Magic Kingdom!

Love you shirts, Dooney and ring-bling.

Pooh is a great first ride, especially since it has so much meaning to you as a couple.

The Crystal Palace breakfast sounds like it was fun. I love the pictures and especially the selfies! Good on them for "breaking the rule" and getting your mat signed.

You had a fun lineup on rides. Boo on the flashing on Little Mermaid, though!

it's one that everyone makes a beeline for when they enter the park...

Winnie the Pooh!!!

Uuhhhh.....

Winnie the Pooh happened to be the first ride I took N on when we went on our first trip together a couple of years ago, and so we decided we wanted it to be our first ride as married folks.

Okay, you get a pass. Because that's really sweet.

Grandmas are allowed!

Boooo... .hissss....

The ride was magical, as always, and my grandmother had nothing but nice things to say about it. (It had been a few years since she'd been to WDW and she was really enjoying seeing and doing everything again.) After the ride, my mom snapped a picture of us...

I"m so glad everyone was having such a great time. I've read too many other TRs where there were too many grumpy gills in the crowd.

but it's a classic, so it was necessary.

But of course!!!!!

All the naysayers need to read this. And take heed.

Pretty!

Cute! I'm all about nostalgia moments :thumbsup2

Oh, no! We went in August once and the humidity is unreal, you can't even imagine it or describe it, you just have to experience it for yourself to see how awful it really is :rotfl:

These pictures came out okay-ish, but I wanted to cover my bases, so we stoped for another photographer who was more straight-on to the castle. I'm glad we did, because these ended up being some of my favourite PP pictures from the trip!

Awesome pic!

After a few minutes waiting in the shade, we were brought inside to our table. Our server was excellent and she was very excited for us and our celebrating. She offered to take a picture of us around the table.

That's nice of her, great family shot!

I love these guys, though we've skipped this the last few trips. I can't wait to bring my little niece to start going back to all these places!

They returned the mat at the end of the meal with all the signatures!

OMG! Awesome! The was really great of her to do that!

:furious:

Aw! She pops up in everyone's trip report! I missed her on my trip though :sad1:

While we where there, Su-Lynn gave N and me a beautiful wedding card that was handmade by her sister!

So sweet! If her cards are half as nice as her dresses, I'm sure it's amazing!

Love it!

We got in our log flume, and we were off! But things were about to go downhill in more ways than one...

Oh, no! I'm guessing it has something to do with that hat!

Such cute PP pics of you two!

And of course I love all the character photos from breakfast! So nice that the CM was able to get your mat signed for you!

Sounds like it was a great morning so far and that your family was enjoying it!

Shockingly, everyone wanted to take pictures! N and I stood in front of the limo and posed for their picture-snapping pleasure...

TpBCDAw.jpg
What a great picture. I love your dress!!!!

Awkwardly, he didn't really give us a choice. He just jumped in the picture and put his arm around my other side. So we took pictures with The Disney Guy!

SBdgpND.jpg
How very odd that he wanted to get in the pictures. I think he'd more aptly be the un-Disney guy

UJIysDU.jpg

Yay! Giraffe visit = BEST extra wedding present!

Anyone who's read my previous TRs knows I have a giraffe thing going on. N proposed to me on the balcony of our savannah view room last December at the moment when the giraffes first walked by...but I'm digressing again...
What a wonderful story and great luck you got to see another giraffe!!!

People ordered drinks, and everyone hit the buffet. Sadly, I didn't really get any food pictures, but it was excellent! Everyone was able to find something that interested them, even the pickiest of eaters (my little cousin and some of N's family.)
Glad to hear dinner was a success for everyone. So brilliant of you to go somewhere that could please everyone!

XUDFdg1.jpg

It was beauteous!! I've been given some great allergy-friendly pixie dust in the past, but this dessert was a step above! Sadly, I was already pretty stuffed from the fabulous things I ate for dinner, so I requested help from my new husband in eating this.
Allergy free or not, YUM!

I'm very hopeful that tomorrow will be much better, both for clearing the roads and for my physical health...as tomorrow is our Fly Day for our next trip!!
Hope you got out ok and are having a fabulous time!

wzElwoP.jpg
How awesome! Love the shirts and buttons.

It was a really wonderful gesture, and it meant a lot to us. They returned the mat at the end of the meal with all the signatures! Everyone really enjoyed the meal, especially my aunt and grandmother, and I was glad to get the quality time with my family.
How great they did this for you. I had no idea they stopped signed autographs in there, but glad to hear they did right by the bride!

zsRDCDb.jpg
Yah for dismeets!

I love Splash. It's my absolute favourite. And the ride photo was hilarious because my mom's husband doesn't enjoy fast rides...or getting wet... :P) We got in our log flume, and we were off! But things were about to go downhill in more ways than one...

LiqyCak.jpg
Wish you could see his face. I can only imagine what it looked like!

Why on earth has it taken me so long to find one of your reports?! I love your style and it seems like y'all are already having so much fun. I can't wait to read about the rest of your honeymoon trip! I am all caught up now and wishing you so much fun on your current trip! "See" you when you get back :flower3:

Merry Christmas Happy New Year and hope your enjoying yourself at WDW right now.

XUDFdg1.jpg

It was beauteous!!
I'd say, but how did it taste?

he squinted. He doesn't do well looking toward the sun.)
On our trip we took off our sunglasses for photo's only if we were in the shade or it was overcast. No need for squinty pics.

Still loving your hair cut. I bet you appreciated how cool it was on this hot day.

We stepped off the bus at the MK at 8:38am, so we managed to get there for the last bit of EMH. Win! I'm sure you can guess which ride we headed straight toward...it's one that everyone makes a beeline for when they enter the park...

Winnie the Pooh!!!

:lmao:definitely not what I was thinking.

Now that is sweet!

I was sad to hear that the characters don't sign autographs here anymore, and instead they give out those laminated paper honey pots with all the signatures on them. This is a great idea for saving time and giving out a free souvenir, but it was disappointing for me because I'd intended to get our photo mat signed by them all here. I mentioned it to our server who was so helpful, and I asked if there was any way to get it signed, even if not at the table. She went and checked for us with the character handler, and then the handler came over to our table and took the mat, and promised to have it signed by everyone out back so nobody would see them signing and expect them to sign at every table, etc. It was a really wonderful gesture, and it meant a lot to us. They returned the mat at the end of the meal with all the signatures!

Thankfully this was something Disney was trying. It didn't go over very well with guests so they were back to signing by the time we went a few weeks ago. We got all of their signatures. I am so happy for you that they made an exception.

I love Splash. It's my absolute favourite.

Mine too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter