I booked the Hoop Dee Doo Revue - Convince me I did the right thing!

Loved this show! If it’s your bday or anniversary you might make it in the show! It’s funny, entertaining, good home style food, strawberry shortcake and bottomless beer & wine. It’s a winner! We did the late show & buses were waiting outside to take us back to the resort bc MK was closed.

I'm going in October with my 2 grandsons. The 9 yr old, no problem. But the 6 yr old will only eat chicken nuggets, mac & cheese & pizza. What are my options? Will they provide any of those? I was hoping he would be a little more flexible in his eating habits by now, but no luck. How do I order different food for him? should I call in advance?

I'm going in October with my 2 grandsons. The 9 yr old, no problem. But the 6 yr old will only eat chicken nuggets, mac & cheese & pizza. What are my options? Will they provide any of those? I was hoping he would be a little more flexible in his eating habits by now, but no luck. How do I order different food for him? should I call in advance?
They have macaroni and cheese available upon request. :-)

I just wanted to pop back in and say "thank you" to everyone for your opinions and reviews! I'm confident we will enjoy it, and even if we don't LOVE it - hey, we're at Disney and we'll be leaving on a Disney cruise the next day - so not too much to complain about! :)

I worked at MK park from 1996 to 2006 in the castle (you'll love it-it's beautiful). And even though I never ate at HDDR, I would always ask people about it because getting reservations there was like eating at Victoria and Albert's-IMPOSSIBLE! So I would ask every single guest if it was worth it and I can tell you that every single guest said YES without a doubt. I always wanted to go but we were working paycheck to paycheck so who had the money (and our Christmas discount never included HDDR or V and A's). But you landed reservations and 2 Disney STAPLES. Now you need a reservation at Poly's restaurant overlooking MK and you will have booked 3 restaurants that have been around since cast members were interviewing for positions in double-wide trailers in the 70s. GOOD WORK!!!

I worked at MK park from 1996 to 2006 in the castle (you'll love it-it's beautiful). And even though I never ate at HDDR, I would always ask people about it because getting reservations there was like eating at Victoria and Albert's-IMPOSSIBLE! So I would ask every single guest if it was worth it and I can tell you that every single guest said YES without a doubt. I always wanted to go but we were working paycheck to paycheck so who had the money (and our Christmas discount never included HDDR or V and A's). But you landed reservations and 2 Disney STAPLES. Now you need a reservation at Poly's restaurant overlooking MK and you will have booked 3 restaurants that have been around since cast members were interviewing for positions in double-wide trailers in the 70s. GOOD WORK!!!

Now THAT is a glowing recommendation! :yay:

If you mean Ohana - got an ADR there for our first night! We're staying at Poly, so I figured I had to! :)

We're going back to WDW for our second visit in 2019. Our first visit was in 2009 - and boy, am I ever glad I found these boards, because lots has changed!

My ADR window opened a couple of days ago. When we went in 2009, we took our two boys. We now have a 7 yo DD, so we got CRT! (and the little girl inside of me is SO EXCITED TO EAT IN THE CASTLE!!) :)

I had my ADR plan all laid out - what I wanted, when I wanted it, etc., etc. And then.... I booked HDDR for the last night of our stay. Totally not on the radar at all when I was planning!! It just looks like so much fun!

Category 1, 6:15 show, Friday night before we leave for Port Canaveral on Saturday for our first ever Disney Cruise.

Tell me your stories! Did you love it? Did you hate it? Did your kids love it/hate it?

I'm excited, but nervous. Thanks in advance!
We LOVED it!!!!! We went with my parents, in their 60's, my siblings/spouses, all between 30-40 and grand kids from 1-10. It was the highlight of the trip. It has something for everyone. I am surprised that anyone who loves Disney wouldn't like it

Any other alternate food options for picky kids at the Hoop-dee-do besides mac cheese? How do I arrange it. Do I call in advance?

We're going back to WDW for our second visit in 2019. Our first visit was in 2009 - and boy, am I ever glad I found these boards, because lots has changed!

My ADR window opened a couple of days ago. When we went in 2009, we took our two boys. We now have a 7 yo DD, so we got CRT! (and the little girl inside of me is SO EXCITED TO EAT IN THE CASTLE!!) :)

I had my ADR plan all laid out - what I wanted, when I wanted it, etc., etc. And then.... I booked HDDR for the last night of our stay. Totally not on the radar at all when I was planning!! It just looks like so much fun!

Category 1, 6:15 show, Friday night before we leave for Port Canaveral on Saturday for our first ever Disney Cruise.

Tell me your stories! Did you love it? Did you hate it? Did your kids love it/hate it?

I'm excited, but nervous. Thanks in advance!
It's something ya have to do once!!! Enjoy!

We did HDDR a few (maybe more than a few, time flies) years ago. The kids had a great time. We enjoyed the show very much. Be prepared, it's campy and corny by design. The food was good. Average to slightly above average fried chicken and fixings. The ribs were a little sweet for me but still edible.

We just did the show last Saturday and it was a totally last minute decision for us on our last night as well. Our whole family loved it! Our son is seven and was laughing his head off the whole time. Sure a lot of the humor goes over there heads but there is plenty they can understand as well. Our daughter is two so she was my wild card when booking but the show kept her mesmerized. She stayed in her chair eating and watching for the whole almost 2 hours! Also, make sure you find the photopass photographers before you go in. It turned out to be one of our best photos because the grounds near Pioneer Hall photographed so well!

We just did the show last Saturday and it was a totally last minute decision for us on our last night as well. Our whole family loved it! Our son is seven and was laughing his head off the whole time. Sure a lot of the humor goes over there heads but there is plenty they can understand as well. Our daughter is two so she was my wild card when booking but the show kept her mesmerized. She stayed in her chair eating and watching for the whole almost 2 hours! Also, make sure you find the photopass photographers before you go in. It turned out to be one of our best photos because the grounds near Pioneer Hall photographed so well!

Super tips, thank you so much!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter