I booked the Hoop Dee Doo Revue - Convince me I did the right thing!

Asking people if they like a particular WDW show is like asking if they like a particular television show--only you know what kind of shows appeal to you.

Excellent point! I'll add that show aside, I love the food and the unlimited sangria is delicious. Does that alone make the value of the meal? Probably not but worth mentioning that if the show looks like something you'll enjoy the food and drink only adds to the experience :goodvibes

We went last year with 3 adults, 7 yo DD, almost 2 yo DS, and my 17 yo brother. Everybody LOVED it. I'm vegetarian and had my choice of a couple of entrees off of a different menu. My entree (pasta with veggies) was good, but not great. The rest of the family really enjoyed the meats. They said the ribs were incredible and my toddler was practically climbing across the table for seconds and thirds of everything. The show was great too, even my toddler was engrossed, clapping and laughing throughout. Both kids stood and danced by their chairs a couple of times throughout the show-- lots of kids were doing it. They even brought washboards and spoons out near the end for the kids to "make music" with. The whole atmosphere was very light-hearted and fun. Everyone still talks about how much they enjoyed it and it's a must do for our next trip. DD said it was her 3rd favorite meal of the trip (out of 12 restaurants) after only the castle and the Bon Voyage Breakfast. I'm sure you will all have a blast.

We did it for the first time in 2016 and LOVED it! We booked category 1 and ended up right next to the stage. The food was great; it's the only place my 8yo niece will eat salad. We were a group of varying ages and we all thought it was so much fun.

We are planning on booking it again next summer when we are with the whole family.

I was skeptic when we booked it in 2016. Not sure the "kitschy" thing was really for us, but we ended up loving it! The food was actually pretty good and the entertainment was fantastic. It was the one thing my now 13 yr old son requested we do again. We'll be there next week!

You'll have a great time! Last time I went I ended up on stage... definitely made for a memorable experience! Going back when we head there in December!

You will love it. On our 1st trip there one of the performers asked us where we were from and when I said Missouri his reply was Misery? You lived in Misery? and he want off on a tangent from there.

HDDR is the one meal we look forward to the most every trip and is a must do! We love it. It is so much fun and we enjoy the food. I have been going to WDW since 1992 and never went to HDDR until a friend took me in 2012.. I couldn't believe my family never went! So since then I have brought my family and friends and they all LOVE it too!

I was skeptic when we booked it in 2016. Not sure the "kitschy" thing was really for us, but we ended up loving it! The food was actually pretty good and the entertainment was fantastic. It was the one thing my now 13 yr old son requested we do again. We'll be there next week!

Awww - have fun!! :)

My wife and I (we are 65+ years of age) went to HDDR for the first time in late May. The food was excellent and plentiful. The food is brought to the table in bowls intended for maybe four people, so we really had lots to eat. Chicken, pork with lots of side items. Dessert not so great. The show is so silly it is enjoyable. Music, dancing and corny jokes.
Like so many others, it is something everyone should do at least once. It is a lot of fun. Relax and enjoy.

We do HDDR every 3rd trip or so which turns out to be about every 5 years. We love it. We don’t do it every trip because we consider it a “special experience” but we absolutely love it. Have fun!

We're going back to WDW for our second visit in 2019. Our first visit was in 2009 - and boy, am I ever glad I found these boards, because lots has changed!

My ADR window opened a couple of days ago. When we went in 2009, we took our two boys. We now have a 7 yo DD, so we got CRT! (and the little girl inside of me is SO EXCITED TO EAT IN THE CASTLE!!) :)

I had my ADR plan all laid out - what I wanted, when I wanted it, etc., etc. And then.... I booked HDDR for the last night of our stay. Totally not on the radar at all when I was planning!! It just looks like so much fun!

Category 1, 6:15 show, Friday night before we leave for Port Canaveral on Saturday for our first ever Disney Cruise.

Tell me your stories! Did you love it? Did you hate it? Did your kids love it/hate it?

I'm excited, but nervous. Thanks in advance!

Love it!! Great food, so fun.

We just did it last week for the second time in 4 years, and we loved it! There were four of us, DH, DS 7, and DD 10. We all thought it was hilarious and DS and DD said it was their favorite dinner the whole trip. Everyone thought the food was good and left stuffed. We had category 1 and had a table right by the stage and our server was great. They have me at unlimited sangria! Get there a bit early, get a drink from Crockett’s walk up window, and take a stroll. Have fun!

We just did it last week for the second time in 4 years, and we loved it! There were four of us, DH, DS 7, and DD 10. We all thought it was hilarious and DS and DD said it was their favorite dinner the whole trip. Everyone thought the food was good and left stuffed. We had category 1 and had a table right by the stage and our server was great. They have me at unlimited sangria! Get there a bit early, get a drink from Crockett’s walk up window, and take a stroll. Have fun!

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter