"I believe I am going to die in Disney..." Table of Contents in post 1!

Putting Tutto Italia on my "must-have" list. It looks delicious and I'm not big on Italian food. (Even Olive Garden...... hehe)

Do you think it would be okay to bring a two year old?

I am all over that desert at Tutto! OMG, a little piece of heaven!:love:

Yes, it is heavenly! Enjoy!

I love your reviews! You two seem like a fun couple! I especially liked your comment about the Exlax and lasagna. I was LOL'ing all over the place! Looking forward to reading more. :)

More about the Exlax in a future review... ;)

Your review is a blast!!!!!

Yay! Thanks!

Rocking the dessert in about 2 weeks... thanks for the review!

I wish I could go back in 2 weeks...I'm jealous!

OMG...this is so me too :lmao: Love your duo reviews...you guys crack me up!

Your SN is schmoopypoo? OMG! Daniel and I call each other schmoopy and schmoopypoo because of the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld! Hello Schmoopypoo!!

Putting Tutto Italia on my "must-have" list. It looks delicious and I'm not big on Italian food. (Even Olive Garden...... hehe)

Do you think it would be okay to bring a two year old?

Absolutely! There were plenty of children of all ages when we went, and they all seemed happy. :goodvibes

Really enjoying your reviews. Tutto looks great.

Tutto is really great! It's going to be a must eat at on our future trips.

Great review so far! Funny and entertaining, with great pictures! Tutto looked and sounded really good! :)

Hey, enjoying the great reviews so far.
We ate at Tutto 2 weeks ago and LOVED it!! I also got the Lasagna and it was so darn good that I actually schlepped my leftovers back to the Wilderness Lodge and attempted to reheat them the next day in the microwave there. Needless to say, that Lasagna is designed to be enjoyed FRESH. It lacked big-time on Day 2. Oh well, it was worth a shot as the portion was GI-NORMOUS!

Okay so Daniel is MIA, and I will write his review so we can continue.

Wolfgang Puck Express

I had been looking forward to WPE since I read about it last November when I joined the boards. It seemed like a great value with or without the DDP, so I made it a must-do for our trip.

We got home from Epcot, and we change and wait for a bus to Downtown Disney. The wait is ridiculous! It's about 4 buses until we're finally able to get on, and I am being smothered by girls in short dresses and too much perfume.

After 45 minutes we get to DTD (why does it take so long to get to DTD?!), and we get off at the Marketplace bus stop, and there it is...Wolfgang Puck Express!

The line is really long, but this gives us time to look around- it's a nice place, and the smell is incredible. The menu is also impressive- there are so many things I want to try!!

Daniel settles on the Rigatoni with Chicken Bolognese - all natural chicken bolognese topped with Grana Padano Parmesan $12.95

I choose the Meatball and Parmesan - Niman Ranch meatballs, fresh basil pesto, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, tomato-basil garlic sauce and fresh basil $10.95

For dessert we both chose creme brulee and we both have diet cokes.

The dining room was really crowded, so we get a table outside since it is about 8 p.m. and it's not hot anymore. Daniel and I enjoy sitting outside and talking about our exciting day at Epcot. The people around us must have been really annoyed by our giggling and excitement, but we couldn't contain ourselves. Our dream of going to WDW had finally come true. Who wouldn't be happy?

Our food comes in about 10 minutes, which is nice considering at WDW restaurants your food comes really fast.

Daniel's Plate:
100_1854.JPG

His plate came with a side salad, which I tried and didn't like much. I don't like sweet/tart dressings though. I didn't try his pasta because I had a huge pizza to tackle.

100_1853.JPG

Best pizza I have ever had! The meatballs had so much flavor and they were juicy. The cheese was also very creamy and not chewy like some pizzas can be. The sauce...yum...I could eat the sauce by itself. I got so excited I ate almost a whole slice before remembering to take a picture. Sorry!

When the pizza came out, I thought to myself, "There's no way I could finish this."

Wrong. I ate all of it minus the 1 piece I gave to Daniel. It was THAT good.

The portion is huge. I was expecting a small, personal pizza type of thing.

Daniel wasn't too impressed with his pasta dish because of how much he loved lunch at Tutto Italia.

And this is the moment where everything changes:

Daniel: "Tutto was good"

Me: <mouthful of pizza> "Yup"

Daniel: "Sci-Fi was bad"

Me: <mouthful of diet coke> "Mmm hmmm"

Daniel: "Where are our other ADRs?"

Me: <puts down glass> "Why?"

Daniel: "Well, Tutto was so good, I don't want to have bad meals."

Me: "This is why you should have looked at the menus and reviews before our trip like I asked you to." hhmm, where's our dessert

Daniel: "So, where are our ADRs at."

I go through the list and what they offer, and he changes most of them. This is why our ADRs changed so much. Hopefully he learned his darn lesson.

The server brings our creme brulee:

100_1855.JPG

It is a generous portion, and it is perfect! I am really picky about creme brulee because it can be over/underdone, but not this one.

Overall, WPE is a must-do on every trip. Though it is counter-service, the server brings you your food and refills your drinks. The quality of the food is outstanding, and I wish I could eat there daily. WPE was better than some of our TS meals.

Daniel's Score:

Taste: 6
Originality: 5
Service: 5

16/30 (he kept comparing it to Tutto, which isn't really fair)

Monica's Score:

Taste: 10
Originality: 8
Service: 7

25/30

Cost:
2 CS credits
Cash Cost: $42.00 (yowza!!)

Well I am really glad you liked WPE. They have fabulous food! Sorry Daniel didn't like it but I guess regular pasta after amazing pasta is a let down. You guys should try it again next trip but not have the pasta! ;)
I can't wait to read more.

The conversation you had at WPE about ADRs was exactly like the one I had with DH back in April when we were there for 8 days. He wanted nothing to do with the planning but once we get there he tries to mess everything up!

Now I have him trained....he is to sit down with me and go over the menus throroughly and give me his imput not just tune me out and say whatever you want is fine....because yes that is easier for me upfront but it bites me in the butt 6 months later when we are on our trip! :rotfl2:

The conversation you had at WPE about ADRs was exactly like the one I had with DH back in April when we were there for 8 days. He wanted nothing to do with the planning but once we get there he tries to mess everything up!

Now I have him trained....he is to sit down with me and go over the menus throroughly and give me his imput not just tune me out and say whatever you want is fine....because yes that is easier for me upfront but it bites me in the butt 6 months later when we are on our trip! :rotfl2:

My husbands motto is "I can find something to eat no matter where we go".. so I am the one in charge.. and he never gets to complain.. or I throw that motto right back at him.. :goodvibes

My husband tried to pull this on me AFTER I called and made all of our ADR's for December, with a party of 8!!! He was trying to change everything! He starts saying stuff like "you didn't get CRT for breakfast, you got lunch?" I love their breakfast. I was like :mad:

Well, I am glad to hear I am not the only woman with a difficult hubby. They want to do none of the work and reap all the rewards. No fair!

I'll be posting more reviews in a bit!!

Ah day 3...

I get up and weigh myself. How? I took my scale with me to WDW. I am paranoid about such things, and I weigh myself daily.

I'm a weirdo.

I'm up like 6 ounces, so I am happy with that number. Could be worse considering all that cheese from Day 2.

Day 3 is Animal Kingdom day, and we're exhausted from Day 2, so we sort of sleep in and have breakfast at the ASMu food court.

It's insanely crowded! It always feels like all ASMu guests decided to eat at the same time or something. They have a lot of lines open, so we don't have to wait very long.

We (by we I mean, I) decided to have what we had at Sunshine Seasons- the bacon, egg, and cheese croissant. Again, we decide to share because it will be lunch time soon, and we are planning to eat at Flametree BBQ. We both decide to avoid cheese this day since the gift shop doesn't sell Metamucil or Exlax... TMI, I know, but we're all friends by now.

Here's the picture of our breakfast- we got a diet coke and a bottle of water to take to the parks:

Disney%20081.JPG

Yes, it's the same picture from Sunshine Seasons, but it looked very similar.

Taste: 6 (a bit cold compared to the one at SS)
Originality: 4

Total: 15/30

Cost:
1 CS
Cash Cost: $11.00

Up next- Flametree BBQ!

Well, I am glad to hear I am not the only woman with a difficult hubby. They want to do none of the work and reap all the rewards. No fair!

I'll be posting more reviews in a bit!!

Amen sister.. welcome to the sanctity of this thing called marriage.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great reviews! Very entertaining! Thank you for sharing! And congratulations on your marriage! You guys are a gorgeous couple, best of luck! :)

Continuing with Day 3...

We go to the Animal Kingdom and we run around doing fun stuff, and for lunch we end up at Flametree BBQ.

Now, I am a Texas girl. I have had BBQ many times, and I love it. So yummy, so smoky, so filling...Flametree was none of that.

Well, folks, here's the review of the worse meal of our entire trip.

We're hungry, and we're waiting in line at Flametree BBQ. I take this time to gawk over people's plates to try and decide what to order. I am torn between the fruit plate (no protein though), the chicken, or the BBQ sandwich. Daniel is debating between pork or beef bbq sandwich. Finally, we get up to the front and order.

I ended up choosing the chicken plate with baked beans and corn muffin, with a diet coke, and key lime pie:

iPhoneDisney201.jpg

iPhoneDisney053.jpg

Daniel chose the pulled pork sandwich, beans, water, and for dessert a frozen lemonade:

iPhoneDisney103.jpg

iPhoneDisney082.jpg

iPhoneDisney078.jpg

May I take this moment to comment on the cardboard straws? I think it's genius! Great way to help the environment and protect the various animals wandering around the park.

Okay, back to the food.

My chicken was awful! The outside was greasy (I don't eat the skin, but it's still really greasy), and it's dry. The inside portion of the chicken is very cold, and you can't complain to the restaurant because they have a sign up about their "smoking technique" or something. I didn't even want to bother. The BBQ sauce tastes like straight up vinegar. My beans are super hard and super cold. The highlight of my entree was the corn muffin. It was mighty tasty, and I thought it was impressive for counter service cornbread.

I ask Daniel how his entree is:

Me: "How is your sandwich?"

Daniel: "I don't think it's pork."

Me: "Did they give you the turkey sandwich by mistake?" <trying to chew my rubber chicken>

Daniel: "Um...no."

Me: "Hhhmm..." <wash down with diet coke>

Daniel: "I think it's a combination of potted meat and Spam."

Me: "Seriously?" <my stomach turns a little>

Daniel: "Yeah, wanna try it?"

Me: "I'll pass." <debates on whether or not to throw something at Daniel for asking>

Daniel: "Can I have your beans?"

Me: "Take 'em"

Now I know many people love Flametree BBQ, but we will not go back. We have plenty of good BBQ in our neck of the woods, so next time we will skip this for sure.

My key lime pie was good, nothing outstanding, and Daniel thought the frozen lemonade was too sweet, but overall okay. However, Daniel did really like the beans, but I think this is only because of the fiber content...TMI again, I know. I don't hold back, people. I tell it like it is.

Daniel's Score:

Taste: 2
Originality: 0

7/30

Monica's Score:
Taste: 2
Originality: 3 (points for the corn muffin)
Service: 6

11/30

Cost:
2 CS credits
Cash Cost: $32.00 (talk about overpriced...go to WPE!)

Lovin' your reviews so far. (subscribed). Sorry about the bad experience at FlameTree. I've never tried that one before... and I think I'll be avoiding it! (Some of your pictures aren't showing up in the last post though. The only thing I can see is the frozen lemonade and, I dunno, Daniel. Looks pretty good to me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter