I am weak! You people were supposed to be helping me!

mrskay9

Mouseketeer
I'm the one who took her change jar to the bank last week.

Its gone.

I spent it.

I did think of you all. I heard you all in the back of my head saying, "no! Don't do it. Save it for Disney."

But I didn't listen.

I bought seasons passes to an amusement park nearby. It was a great deal. My daughter and I only have to go 3.9 times to break even (minus the $40 I spent on food yesterday) and if my husband goes with us, all the better.

The deal was we'd get the rest of this season and the entire next season too. So I did it. I'm weak. I know I'll be feeling the pain next Sept. when our trip to Disney is. But maybe it'll force me to be more dilligent w/ saving now.

The other way I justified it to myself was that I had to get dd 2.5 a little more experienced riding rides than she is. She had freaked on me last time on this idiotic ride that went slower than molases. And she rode a kiddie roller coaster and liked it.

So there's the whole story from me.

Sounds like maybe you got tickets to Busch Gardens. I may be wrong but I know that they are now offering a pass which you can use the rest of this season and all of 2005. We are still trying to figure out where to go with the bonus from my boss and we were considering the Busch Gardens pass and making 2 or 3 trips down in the next year (we have some family and friends in VA)

I think it sounds like a great deal. I'm sure you will get your moneys worth! Have a great time at the local park and Mickey's house! :earsgirl:

It sounds like you did the right thing.

That is a good deal, and you will get plenty of enjoyment out of those passes.

Karen

oh no!! sounds like something i'd do lol. that's why the minute i cash in anything that's to go for disney i buy US and put it right in my account lol. well at least you still have a year to save for Disney and in the meantime you will be enjoying the amusement park nearby! Something that helps me is to either get a joint account with dh and put the money right in there where i can't touch it without his siggy, or to just leave the change jar alone until much closer to my trip lol

Okay---we need an intervention!!!

See where I'm from? We have SD SeaWorld passes, SD Zoo and Wild Animal Park passes, and get DL passes every other year. Oh, yeah, we have Wet& Wild LV passes, too!

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!!! It sounds like a great deal, and the perfect outing for your family! I have no guilt spending money at theme parks, because the passes have brought enormous joy to my family at what I consider a great cost.

Just remember to empty the change into the jar when you get home from Busch Gardens!!!!::yes::

I wouldn't beat myself up over this one. I can't save for trips either. At least not 12 months in advance. My method I save really hard for the 8 weeks leading up to the trip--even if I know about the trip 1 year in advance. (Other than things like airline tickets, park hoppers, and hotel deposits-- which I pay when I book each). Anyhow--it puts me on a shoestring budget for those 2 months-- and usually for a month afterwards while I pay on anything I "pushed off" a few weeks. Not the smartest plan-- but I can't save for trips. I just can't-- and this has worked for us for years now.

Hey PattiPB:

We have a change jar started to visit your town! Love it out there. We're always alternating Vegas/Disney/Vegas/Disney. Some times we can't make up our minds which one to visit.

:teeth:

Sounds like a little buyers remorse. I get that whenever I make a major purchase myself so I can relate. But the truth is-YOU DIDNT CHARGE ANYTHING AND USED CASH. That is excellent. ::yes::

Have fun and enjoy. At least you didnt buy stuff you dont need at Walmart. You have created entertainment and family time and there is nothing better than that.

Rhonda: We are theme-park-kinda-people.....so we moved here! LOL!!!

You need more than a change jar for this playground, unfortunately!!!!!

It sounds like you found another great place to make good memories.
Sometimes it's the simpler events our families remember most.
Think of "small m" and "BIG M" memories.

No, I don't have buyers remorse over it. I'm a spender at heart.

I told my 2.5 yo dd that if she threw her bottle away forever, I'd take her to see Scooby Doo. She did it. She's been off the bottle for 3 days now. She used to only use it at sleep times, at least we had gotten that far. But she couldn't kick the habit alone.

We went on Monday and had the times of our lives (she and I haven't been to Disney yet!) I already feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

Its not Busch Gardens but that's close to me too. Its Kings Dominion. I think it was a sign that the amount in the jar was $260 and the tickets were $259.99!

And I don't mind spending money to celebrate her getting rid of that stupid bottle either!!!!
082304-1.jpg

mrskay9, Sorry you spent your change jar savings but we have season passes to Six Flags too. Not that big of a dent I hope!

I've gotta ask, your user name is very similar to one I used to see on a preg/playgroup board I used to go to. Did you go to parentsplace Jan 02??? If so, I think you've even sent me some formula coupons LOL when our Jan jellybeans were little. Anyway if it isn't you then sorry, but I have been wanting to ask since I saw your posts on the dis.

Josette (javaj here, javajosette back on parentsplace).

Yup,

It's me! Hi ya! Yes, I do remember you! How have you been?

Things here are busy with a 2.5 yo, and obviously we're getting ready to take her on her first trip to Disney next fall.

Great to hear from you!!!

We just picked up our season passes for kings dominion as well. Went there for our anniversary, and couldnt pass up a deal with getting the rest of this year unlimited entry into the park, and next year as well, and to top it off, free parking, so we saved another 20$. That was 200$ that could have gone to the disney fund, but this will give us more *time* for fun (since its so much closer).

Its a good buy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter