I am SOOO excited!! some questions though

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
Hi! Some of you may remember me psting last week about wanting to buy in- well, my guide finally returned from his cruise, and we bought in today!!:banana: So we now have 320 points at SSR, split between two contracts, figured we have 2 kids so we can give them each one if we want (not for a LONG time!):laughing:
Anyway, he said he was going to do the contract up and send it to me- does anyone know how long it usually is before I will receive that? Then i read everything and sign and send it back? When can I make a reservation? when will we close on the purchase? Thank you all for all of the help, I know I should have asked him, but i was SO excited at the time I couldn't think straight! Again, thanks for all of the information you have given me, and helpoing me make this decision for our family!

Hi...we too are on the verge of buying 320 points at SSR!:) ...spoke to our guide today and got all the figures...we are calling him back in 2 days to hopefully buy!!:cool1:

we have two kids too ...so we are going with 2 contracts at 160 each...:thumbsup2 ..So weird to see your post just now:)

Did your guide say what your use month is?

Congratulations to you too then!! Yes, the Use yar is December, which will work out just fine for us, almost like a calendar year, so it will be easy enough to get used to!! Our guide is Scot MacDonald, and he was really helpful, and a great guy!! I hope you are as excited as we are!! :banana:

Hi...does that mean we will have to wait till next december to get any points?

Can you tell Iam new to this?;)

So we wouldn't have any points straight away to use?

We are waiting to buy 150 points at SSR. We are wanting a Use Year that we can still get the points from 2006! I think we are going to get a Sept Use Year.

Our guide should be calling us back tomorrow to draw up the papers. I can't wait!

eeyoresbestfriend...

:dance3: Congratulations:dance3:

Yes...you should have the Fedex arrive by the end of the week!!!! :thumbsup2
Hope you got the SSR $86. incentive price too !!;)

No, ask your guide but they told me we would get our points from 2006 right away and then won't get our 2007 points until our use year is here.

NO! Sorry if I confused you- it's a December use year that started in Dec 06 so the points are good through Nov 07! I had to have points that I could use now!! Good luck!

Now Iam really confused...:confused: ..You mean we could still get points from 2006? I hope so that would be great:cool1:

I was told they had Sept, Oct maybe Nov and Dec use years. Well I was thinking I wanted Sept use year but since they are going to expire in Sept 2007 and we are not going until November I better choose a different use year. Maybe December.

Tinker74....

NO...
The going SSR price, now, is $101. per pt.
The promo is "EITHER" 2006 pts. OR $91. per pt, OR...the "best deal" $86. per pt. (with a DVC member referral)
;)
BTW...if anyone needs that referral..pm me.

We called to become members on the 3rd and received the package today...our UY stated Dec 06 as well!

Welcome home!

Now I am confused.

So am I going to get the 2006 points AND be able to use my friend/family discount?

Thanks

Vfinder....So am I !:lmao: ..Iam sitting here laughing at myself because Iam starting to think Iam a bit slow..:eek: ..I keep seeing people telling me No...but I don't know what question they are refering to.:scared:

Everone here is so helpful ...but Iam afraid iam still confused. Iam almost ashamed to ask for more help as I must be coming across as a right simpleton.:scared:

Okay, I think I understand the confusion let me see if i can clear it up. We used the F&F promotion for the $86 per point. The use year that we were given is December 06. So we will get those points right away, and then get our new allottment of points in December 07. It's pretty good I think! Did I explain it better?! Good luck!

Thanks thats great eeyore!:thumbsup2 ...I think I understand now.:)

congrats on your purchase!:wizard: ...Hopefully we'll be neighbours soon.:)

I was told they had Sept, Oct maybe Nov and Dec use years. Well I was thinking I wanted Sept use year but since they are going to expire in Sept 2007 and we are not going until November I better choose a different use year. Maybe December.

vfinder1,

You are voicing a common concern but it's one that you don't need to worry about. Use Year and the ability to use points/make reservations are not related. You just need to follow the 11/7 month rule for that and know that you can't use more than 3 years' worth of points in any one 12 month period. UY is important mainly when banking and borrowing pts.

The Use Year months are: February, March, April, June, August, September, October and December.

Tinker74....So sorry if I was confusing you. Sometimes its hard to put on paper whats in your head...especially mine :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We are waiting to buy 150 points at SSR. We are wanting a Use Year that we can still get the points from 2006! I think we are going to get a Sept Use Year.

Our guide should be calling us back tomorrow to draw up the papers. I can't wait!

We just signed up and got a Sept UY....250 right away and 250 in Sept 2007. Gonna blow it all on a Grand Viilla in Nov. 2007 :-)

Jim

Okay, I think I understand the confusion let me see if i can clear it up. We used the F&F promotion for the $86 per point. The use year that we were given is December 06. So we will get those points right away, and then get our new allottment of points in December 07. It's pretty good I think! Did I explain it better?! Good luck!

Same here...We got the $15 off per point PLUS Sept 2006 points we can use right away.

Jim

Congratulations and Welcome Home to both of you.:banana: :banana:

:cool1: :cool1:

Let the planning begin and enjoy!

You will soon be addicted to this great disboard and you will learn in no time - just by reading everyone's questions/replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter