I am so sad about this.....

Well being from the Philly area and growing up when he had his afternoon show, I definitely know who he was and I too think it was bad enough to find out that he passed away but to have it happen on your birthday. I feel so bad for his wife. Supposedly he had been hospitalized but was getting better. My thoughts and prayers are for her.

:sad2: I am probably dating myself. But I remember watching the national Mike Douglas show during the day, also. I am sorry to hear this for his family.

I don't know who that is, however;; I'm sorry to hear he died on his birthday.
I mean, COME ON.
Do you HAVE to die on your b-day? Can't you just wait until the next day?? -.-;;

Oh wait. I do know who he is. DUH! -pounds head-

I always thought that was depressing too, but its supposed to complete your cycle of life. Kind of like a good luck thing. Very sad. Loved the show, well can't actually remember if I loved it, but we always watched it. :rotfl:

I read in the paper that he was the singing voice for the Prince in "Cinderella"

I remember watching his show when I was a SAHM for for first daughter.

Oh man, am I dating myself!!

:sad2: I was saddened when I heard of his passing, too. I remember his show when I was little. I think dying on your birthday would make it even sadder for your family in years to come. You get sad on a late loved one's birthday anyway, but to also have that be the day they died.....ugh.

I heard that he had gotten dehydrated while golfing a couple weeks ago and never recovered from that. How sad. :guilty:

I am probably dating myself. But I remember watching the national Mike Douglas show during the day

I must be the same age as you. I remember him being on 4:30 - 6 PM channel 2 (CBS) every day. Remember when he'd have the same co-guest Host for the entire week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter