I Am Sick. Like, Going-To-The-Doctor Sick UPDATE IN POST #51: I'm OK!

rastahomie

Registered
It takes a LOT to get me to go to the doctor, so I think this may be serious. I can barely walk a few feet without feeling like I just ran a marathon, I'm gasping for breath and my heart is pounding so hard. Standing up makes my knees and ankles hurt like I just got done with a leg workout day at the gym. I'm also nauseated.

A friend who lived through this with her dad thinks it's Deep Vein Thrombosis, so that definitely needs to be addressed. My dad thinks it's probably the flu or pneumonia, but I don't have any other symptoms of respiratory illness.

I'll know something at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow. :magnify:

I also say go to the ER, I can't believe you gave the doctors office your symptoms and they didn't say the same. I hope everything is ok!!!

I've had a Pulmonary Embolism due to DVT twice. Your symptoms are exactly what I felt. Get attention now. I am also the stoic man, but quick action is needed to prevent permanent heart issues.

A quick oximeter (blood oxygen saturation) reading will tell the story.

Your symptoms could be flu, or they could be pneumonia, or it could be heart related. Waiting until tomorrow could be too late. Please take this seriously and get to the ER if possible!

Good grief Aaron tomorrow???:earseek:This isn't a sore throat dude, at least go to a walk-in clinic to eliminate the most serious of possibilities. I don't want to go to the doctor either but sheesh.

Sorry folks, the ER is an hour away and I'd need prior authorization and all that jazz. This has been going on since last week, another 18 hours isn't going to kill me.

Sorry folks, the ER is an hour away and I'd need prior authorization and all that jazz. This has been going on since last week, another 18 hours isn't going to kill me.

You do not need pre-authorization for the ER that is why it is the ER! The symptoms you have are not a joke and 18 hours could be what kills you if it is a clot or pulmonary embolism. I just got over pneumonia and it did not make my legs that weak only had a fever and a cough. It built over much longer than a week.

My sister had similar symptoms about 3 weeks ago with exception of the leg pain. When she finally went to the doctor after about a week she got a lecture about how if she had waited any longer it would have been a serious emergency. She got a breathing treatment and a steroid and is now on 2 different inhalers. Her asthma is back in full force after not having problems for years.

Add me to the go now crowd. I work in a hospital and do not often see patients exhibiting the severity of symptoms you are describing.
Without knowing what is wrong, there is no guarantee that you can tolerate another 24 hours in this condition.
You don't need preauthorization for an ER visit, and this is exactly what the ER is for.
Most GPs will just send you to the ER with these symptoms as they do not have the ability to diagnose you without additional testing.
Please reconsider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter