I am getting excited - 19 days & counting

dairyqueenmom

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
I really feel like it is almost time for our Disney Vacation, I am making our Disney Trip Binder today. I am printing out our hotel conformations, car rental conformations, airline conformations and our mouse manager planning sheets and putting them in our very cool Disney Binder my 10 year old DD made. I almost want to pull out the luggage and start packing.

The only downer of the summer vacation in Aug, if I say I can't wait until our trip, I feel like I am wishing away our summer.

Anywhoo, I am very excited to be trying Vero Beach for the 1st time and it will be our 1st trip in a long time without the Disney Dining plan. It will be the test if we spend less money with the TITW card. We have two DD's who are considered adults and they won't eat off the adult menu, so it seemed like a waste.

Making our binder makes it seem very close, I have those pre-trip butterflies in my stomach.

I am right there with you!!! We check in to BWV on August 5th and I can't wait!!!

checking into BLT August 5th:) I know what you mean about wishing the summer away. We've been doing August for many years now, next year we are going to try July. Crazy, we know, but since I teach we are somewhat limited time wise. But being DVC members makes it sooooo much nicer than having to be on commando touring. I tell everyone who looks at me like I am crazy that when you have DVC, Disney becomes more of a "resort" to relax and check everything out, rather than just a "parks" destination.;)

checking into BLT August 5th:) I know what you mean about wishing the summer away. We've been doing August for many years now, next year we are going to try July. Crazy, we know, but since I teach we are somewhat limited time wise. But being DVC members makes it sooooo much nicer than having to be on commando touring. I tell everyone who looks at me like I am crazy that when you have DVC, Disney becomes more of a "resort" to relax and check everything out, rather than just a "parks" destination.;)

I will be at BLT for the 7th and 8th of August! I can't wait. This is our first DVC stay and we are trying 3 resorts-BWV, BLT, and VWL.

I know what you mean about summer (though ours here in Syracuse has not been the best--rainy and cool). I am a Kindergarten teacher so I am also torn between the trip coming and summer going by to fast. When we return from the trip, it will almost be time to go back and start getting my room ready (the kids come back the day after Labor Day this year).

Have a great trip!!!

It has been a very cool/rainy summer for us in Michigan. It is only 68 degrees right now. I hate to wish away our summer, because winter is soooo long here. We average 120inchs of snow and when summer is over its just a few short weeks and we could have snow anytime.

This is our 1st summer trip as a family, we usually go in Oct/Feb/May, so this will be a new hot trip for us. We have nicknamed our trip "Hotter then the surface of the sun WDW Tour 09" Maybe we could bring some of our cooler temps down to Florida!!!

It has been a very cool/rainy summer for us in Michigan. It is only 68 degrees right now. I hate to wish away our summer, because winter is soooo long here. We average 120inchs of snow and when summer is over its just a few short weeks and we could have snow anytime.

This is our 1st summer trip as a family, we usually go in Oct/Feb/May, so this will be a new hot trip for us. We have nicknamed our trip "Hotter then the surface of the sun WDW Tour 09" Maybe we could bring some of our cooler temps down to Florida!!!

W have always gone in summer because that is the only time I can go and the airfare to from here during our school breaks is horrible (Jetblue is charing $399.00 EACH WAY for our Feb break). But, the August crowds are better than July so that helps. We have been every week starting from July 4th through the 3rd week in August and each week gets a little better in terms of crowds.

And, snow, yuk--don't want to think about that yet (we also get 120 - 160 inches a year).

Yes, let's hope its nice and just not humid. If so, we will be doing a lot of breaks. Of course, that is the great thing about DVC...I know we will be back every year!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed on the milder temps in Aug. and the crowds. The reason we have switched travel times is due to my oldest being in middle school, it is tough to make up the work once they hit middle school. We pulled her out every year until this year.

My kids have never seen it packed, so it will be interesting how they react. We have our breaks planned and I love we can pool hop. We will hit Poly, Corondo Spings and Boardwalk and use the pools there during our mid-day break.

We have some dining ADR's and we will use those to cool off, and we have our misting fans in our owners locker, so we will survive.

Hope you have a great time!!

A) Binders: One of the reasons why I love this board is that I love reading about people doing these things that I do that I have felt for years I must be the only one dorky enough to do. Dorks united. Tabbed binders and all.

B) I must know what a "mouse manager planning sheet" is. Right this minute. And I must have it.

:flower3:

A) Binders: One of the reasons why I love this board is that I love reading about people doing these things that I do that I have felt for years I must be the only one dorky enough to do. Dorks united. Tabbed binders and all.

B) I must know what a "mouse manager planning sheet" is. Right this minute. And I must have it.

:flower3:

Yes, my binder is tabbed and I am dang proud of it!!!

Mouse Manger is a planning program I use. You can download it free at www.mousemanager.com

Have fun playing with that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter