• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I’m SO excited I could CRY! A Polynesian Adventure!! July 2013! Updated 2/9!

You crack me up with your space toilet picture!! The Kennedy Space Center looks so awesome!! I definitely want to make my way over there one of these days!

The Space center sounds pretty interesting! You got some fun pics, you're too cute! Can't wait to hear about your first Disney park!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love the new update Frankie! I love all the pictures of the Space Center, it's made me want to go someday. My Dad also liked it, lol! He's really into Space too, so i showed him this update and really enjoyed it! :) I can't wait for more <33

Ahh yay im glad you enjoyed!! And your dad!! You definitely should go on your next trip!! It's wonderful!

I just discovered you had started your report after reading your PTR a few weeks ago, and I got all caught up!

That flight experience sounds absolutely awful. I feel like those types of flight drama always happen to the people who are already afraid of flying. My mom has that fear, and on one of the first times she flew after more than 10 years, her plane lost an engine (less serious of an issue than it sounds like it would be). When they made it to their destination, they had to make an "emergency landing" even though the pilot kept assuring them that everything was basically fine. Ugh.

Anyway, onto brighter subjects: very smart of you to ask a security guard for directions to the Magical Express. My wife and I were determined to find it without getting lost on our last trip, but then we somehow ended up on the COMPLETE opposite end of the airport.

Yay for the Poly! That's probably my #1 dream resort. Maybe someday.

And yay for the Kennedy Space Center! I'd love to go visit that someday as well.

Looking forward to following along with the rest of your trip!

Thank you so much for reading!! Ahh that sounds terrifying!! Hahaha i had read MANY stories about people getting lost so I wasn't going to waste any time! Thank you!!! :)

Great update! :)

Thanks!!

Wow - sounds like a fun (and education - so lets call it edutainment!) experience at KSC. That astronaut talk sounds really interesting.

Oh, and FYI - we just finished up our Disney trip and did indeed eat at Kona our first night and it was great! Especially loved the sticky wings and we were able to get the bread pudding from 'Ohana so it was extra great!.

Full review should be coming up in my TR fairly soon (cheap plug :rotfl: )

Haha exactly what it is!! It was brilliant!! AHH im glad you had fun!! I will check out your TR when I get some spare time!! :)

I have always always ALWAYS wanted to go to KSC! My dad always meant to take me but we never got around to it I guess :confused3 :(

That must have been AMAZING to watch a shuttle launch!

OMG :lmao:

Definitely go when you get the chance!! :) HAHAHAA i'm so weird!

You crack me up with your space toilet picture!! The Kennedy Space Center looks so awesome!! I definitely want to make my way over there one of these days!

HAHA it makes me laugh so much! "Mum take a picture of me on the toilet" something you don't say often!

The Space center sounds pretty interesting! You got some fun pics, you're too cute! Can't wait to hear about your first Disney park!

Thanks girl!!! :) Haha i'm so odd!! Coming up soon!!! :)

Chapter 5: It's Disney Day!!

TODAY WAS THE DAY!

Finally time to set foot in my first Disney park of 2013!!!

We woke up nice and early at 6.30am, showered and got ready then headed straight for the monorail! It really is AMAZING staying in a resort on the monorail line!

We arrived at my favourite place in the world in just a few minutes. MAGIC KINGDOM!!! Extra Magic Hours here we come! It was our first time trying out the new entrance system and we loved the mickey scanners! Once in we got ourselves nicely set up for watching the welcome show!

HERE WE GO!!

Good morning, good morning!!

The park was open and we were READY TO GO!!!

We were lucky enough to be there for the second Long Lost Friends week so that is where we headed first!!

First up! The gang from Sherwood forest!

I asked Prince John if he still sucked his thumb and he got extremely embarrassed, he clearly still does!!

Next up we met Abby Mallard! She didnt have Chicken Little with her this morning but she was very funny!

We then headed over to meet Dr Facilier and Louis! I LOVED THEM! Dr Facilier was perfect, his hands were SO creepy! He asked whether I liked Louis and obviously I said I loved him! He then told us we could take him back to London with us to which I replied he wouldnt fit in my suitcase. So Dr Facilier suggested we should skin Louis!! POOR LOUIS! I would never skin you!!

Whilst we were chatting, the photopass cast member took this HILARIOUS picture of my dad, clearly didnt want to have his picture taken! :rotfl2:

Finally we headed to meet the crew from Song of the South!!

Big bear hugs!!!

Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit were fighting over me, though Im not entirely sure what they were fighting about. But finally Brer rabbit gave up and went back to Tally!

SO many characters&..all in 15 minutes!! How exciting!!

Tally and I popped off to grab our photopass + card from Town Square theatre whilst Mum and Dad went off to Starbucks to get some coffee (they were BEYOND happy when I told them Starbucks was now in Disney!).

Whilst we waited for them (I was obviously not happy with this time wasting at prime time :rotfl:) we took some pictures!!

After what seemed like forever we finally headed off towards the castle!

NEW FANTASYLAND HERE I COME!!! :hyper:

AHH look at these gates of heaven!!

The Beasts castle!!! (We will see you again later!)

The whole thing was just a bit overwhelming for me, Id seen pictures but I wasnt expecting it to be this good!! SO MUCH HAPPINESS!

Continued in next post!

what a fun start to the day. Robin Hood is my favorite Disney movie so obviously jealous you got to meet that gang.

I understand where you say you felt overwhelmed - definitely a lot to take in no matter who you are. Looking forward to more updates!

Im so jelous you got to meet Dr Facillier and Louis. They look fantastic. My first day was the last day of Long Lost Friends week and we had an ADR that morning somewhere else so unfortunatly i couldn't meet them. It looked like you had lots of fun though! Your pictures are great, i love the ones of you and your sister in front of the castle! They're awesome! Yay for new Fantasyland! It really is fantastic! I love the Beast's castle! The picture of the gateway to New Fantasyland is beautiful! I can't wait to read more!

You and your sister are just too cute! I am just finding your TR and will be following along!

what a fun start to the day. Robin Hood is my favorite Disney movie so obviously jealous you got to meet that gang.

I understand where you say you felt overwhelmed - definitely a lot to take in no matter who you are. Looking forward to more updates!

Ahhh thats so cool! I don't think i've ever heard anyone say Robin Hood was their favourite! It really is so overwhelming, the beauty is unbelievable!!!

Im so jelous you got to meet Dr Facillier and Louis. They look fantastic. My first day was the last day of Long Lost Friends week and we had an ADR that morning somewhere else so unfortunatly i couldn't meet them. It looked like you had lots of fun though! Your pictures are great, i love the ones of you and your sister in front of the castle! They're awesome! Yay for new Fantasyland! It really is fantastic! I love the Beast's castle! The picture of the gateway to New Fantasyland is beautiful! I can't wait to read more!

They were amazing!! Ooh there will always be another time i'm sure! Thank you so much!!! The beasts castle was so pretty!!! Thanks girl!!

You and your sister are just too cute! I am just finding your TR and will be following along!

Thank you!! Hope you enjoy!!​

Chapter 6: Under the sea and into the woods!

Time for the first ride of the trip and it was a new one!!!

Seriously though, I don't think I will EVER get over how beautiful it is around here! I CANT CONTROL MY FEELS!!!! It smelt really REALLY good around here too! (Always smelling everything....oops)

Journey of the Little Mermaid!! Hey Scuttle, how you doing?!

We walked straight through and onto a shell!

I absolutely LOVED this ride, I couldn’t believe how amazing it was! The music, the technicality of it all…PERFECT! Ursula was just outstanding!

Once we were safely back on land we headed to meet the star! Ariel!! She was lovely! I loved being able to meet Ariel back in her grotto again!

Then off to more new places for us….Storybook circus!! I really really miss Mickey’s Toontown but absolutely loved storybook circus!!! “Double dumbo” looked awesome!!

We were heading towards the Barnstormer but spotted Pluto and Marie out with no one around them!!

I was SO excited to see Pluto, he always makes me so happy!!

Marie is so fabulous too, look at that kitty go!!!

Kitty pose!!!

We then headed off to the Barnstormer (where nearly all 4 of us got stung by a bee haha). This ride does make me laugh sometimes, as it is super duper short!

After the Barnstormer we headed off to Scotland….I mean off to see Merida! However we got the time slightly wrong so headed straight past and back towards the castle! It was Mickey’s PhilharMagic time!!

We got our wonderful opera glasses and headed straight into the theatre! This show is MAGICAL! I absolutely love all the songs and characters in this show! And the SMELL!! AH perfect!!

We had time for one more ride before our breakfast reservation so we headed on a wonderful cruise!!

Sing along everyone!

IT’S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL! I can sing along to this whole song (in all the languages, though I don’t know what I’m singing).

By this time I was STARVING, I do NOT do well without breakfast, so even though it was only 9.50am I was HUNGRY!!!

It was time for The Crystal Palace!! We used to come here every year for lunch on my birthday (in April) but haven’t been for breakfast ever!! I was ready for some Mickey Waffles and to meet the Hundred Acre Wood gang!

We were celebrating Tally’s birthday all day that day so our server led us to a table all covered with Mickey confetti! Pretty much as soon as we were seated we were greeted by Tigger!!

Gotta love this big bouncy guy! Tigger made a comment about how tall I was! Tall buddies for life!! ☺

Though apparently he didn’t like me as much…as he hit me in the face!! (He apologised, don’t worry!) Hahahaha

FOOD TIME!!! My first plate included some MICKEY WAFFLES, pancakes and some Pooh’s puffed French toast! DELICIOUS!

One of Tally’s favourites greeted us next! Eeyore!!

Piglet was next!! (I still get confused whether Piglet is a boy or a girl, don’t judge me!!)

Time for some more food!! I headed up for some croissants, cinnamon roll and a bagel!

Pooh popped over for a visit next! I LOVE HIM!!!

Our server then brought over a birthday cupcake for Tally so we all had a nice sing-a-long!! Yummy!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Up next! More birthday fun and we are out of MK!

Continued in next post!

Love the report so far! All caught up on your adventures. KSC looks so different from the last time I went. I will have to add that on to my 'must see again' list!

Never done a CP breakfast, but it looks great!

Love the report so far! All caught up on your adventures. KSC looks so different from the last time I went. I will have to add that on to my 'must see again' list!

Never done a CP breakfast, but it looks great!

Thanks for reading!! :) It changed a lot since the last time we went too! It's wonderful! CP breakfast was great!! I really recommend!

Awesome pics! :)

Thank you!! :)

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still following along!! Ahhh, Crystal Palace breakfast. You really can't go wrong!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still following along!! Ahhh, Crystal Palace breakfast. You really can't go wrong!

Ahh thanks girl! Can always count on you to keep up! :) I'm so behind on everyones TRs i need to catch up!! :cheer2:
Crystal palace breakfast was HEAVEN. :worship:

Subbing! We are getting ready for our first ever 2 week trip in June. Our longest has been 10 nights and I can't wait for 2 weeks.
I would be in Heaven to stay at the Poly for the whole time….you are a lucky duck! We stayed at the Poly for a week back in 2009 and we loved it!
We are staying off property at Bonnet Creek for this trip (although my girls and I are staying 2 nights at AOA because DD6 wants to stay there so badly).
I can't wait to read more:goodvibes

I hope you continue your report!

I will!! I'm very very busy with lots of university work and something else has been distracting me! All will be revealed soon!

Subbing! We are getting ready for our first ever 2 week trip in June. Our longest has been 10 nights and I can't wait for 2 weeks.
I would be in Heaven to stay at the Poly for the whole time….you are a lucky duck! We stayed at the Poly for a week back in 2009 and we loved it!
We are staying off property at Bonnet Creek for this trip (although my girls and I are staying 2 nights at AOA because DD6 wants to stay there so badly).
I can't wait to read more:goodvibes

Thank you!! AHH having 2 weeks there is perfect!! Get to do so so much more! I'm so excited for you to stay at AoA!! I want to stay there so bad!! I can't wait to read about your trip!!​

EXCITING Real Life Update!!

Hello all!! Firstly I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who is still following along with this trip report! I am trying to get a couple of updates up this week before I have exams when I get back to university!! SUPER sorry for being so slow at updates, I need to hurry up!!

HOWEVER, I do have some VERY exciting news!!

I am going to be a Cast Member at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!

I was recently accepted into the International College Program! AHHHHH!!!!!

I will be working as a Lifeguard at Walt Disney World THIS summer!!

Lets just say I freaked out A LOT! I am beyond excited. This has been a dream of mine since I was a kid and I cant believe it is finally coming true!!

I am going to be at WDW from June 9 till September 12 and would love to meet any of you that are going to be there at that time too!

As of today it is only 159 days till I arrive in WDW! IM SO EXCITED!!!

Thank you all for reading along again! I will hopefully see some of you in WDW soon!!

Carry on with the trip report here!

I am really enjoying your trip report so far. Can't wait to hear more!

How exciting on being accepted into the college program! Congratulations! I want my children to do that when they are old enough, but that is a few years away. My son is 14 and my daughter 9. Anyway, yay for you!:cool1:

WOOOOOOO! Congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you! If I make it down there this summer I'll definitely come say hi! It would be so fun to meet you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter