• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I’m SO excited I could CRY! A Polynesian Adventure!! July 2013! Updated 2/9!

frankieeyre

Mouseketeer

WELCOME!!

Welcome ALL to my FIRST ever WDW trip report!

As this is my first WDW TR many of you will not know who I am! So hop on board as we all set sail on the magical boat of friendship! Let’s start with introductions shall we?

Me!

Hello! My name is Francesca, but I’m more commonly known as Frankie! My family however, call me Chessie! My family is from Essex in the UK! So I’ll let you decide on what nickname you would like! I am by FAR the biggest Disney fan in my family and this trip would not have happened without my kind (annoying) persuasion. Disney is definitely one of the most important things in my life and I am very proud to have the ability to turn any conversation into something to do with Disney. It’s a talent.

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favourite attraction: Space Mountain/Haunted Mansion/Dinosaur
Favourite show: Dream Along with Mickey
Favourite TS: Be Our Guest/Teppan Edo
Favourite QS: Columbia Harbour House
Favourite snack: Ice cream cookie sandwich!
Favourite Character: Stitch!!

Tally!

This is my sister Natalya, but we all call her Tally. (Actually I like to call her towel, but for this TR ill stick with Tally!) She is older than me but much shorter so people get confused often! She really likes Disney but doesn’t LOVE Disney like I do! However, she did get very into planning this trip with me which I really enjoyed! Around the 200 day mark on the countdown her excitement kicked in! She really is one of my best friends and we do get along so well! I am MUCH louder than her though so normally I thrust my jokes upon her so she has no option but to laugh.

Favourite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favourite attraction: Space Mountain
Favourite show: Wishes
Favourite TS: Tusker House
Favourite QS: Pizza Planet
Favourite snack: Mickey Pretzel
Favourite Character: Eeyore

Jill!

Here’s my lovely Mummy Jill! Once again I have an odd nickname for her, Julian (or Joules, Julie Scrumptious…the list goes on and on). She loves Disney lots and raised me on it which I am VERY grateful for! She knew how much I was looking forward to this trip and did her very best to make it extra special for me!

Favourite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favourite attraction: Soarin
Favourite show: Festival of the Lion King
Favourite TS: Be Our Guest/Teppan Edo
Favourite QS: Columbia Harbour House
Favourite snack: Croissant
Favourite Character: Mary Poppins

Martyn!

Last but not least here is my Dad!! He likes to call me Chuggles (I can’t even believe I even said that publicly). He isn’t the worlds biggest Disney fan but does have an appreciation for it, he totally likes it more than he let’s on though. This was his “last trip for now” due to the fact he doesn’t want to go again till I have kids! He likes to take on the world at a slower pace so didn’t always tag along on all the adventures!

Favourite Park: Epcot
Favourite attraction: Test Track
Favourite show: Beauty and the Beast
Favourite TS: 50’s Prime Time
Favourite QS: Captain Cook’s
Favourite snack: Starbucks
Favourite Character: Pluto

Our family has been going to Disney since 1995 when I was 2 years old! We have been many many times to WDW and DLP. We have also visited Disneyland once, but hopefully next year again! The last 2 trips to WDW we have stayed off property in a friends house in Formosa Gardens! It was still an amazing trip but NOT the same as being constantly in the Disney bubble!

As this trip was supposed to be the “Last trip” as a family (until we have kids) I got about persuading to stay back on property! Little did I know my persuasion techniques would work!! HOORAY! I decided to aim high assuming I would have to bargain lower but even I was shocked at the result…

Our trip:

16 Nights at…The Polynesian!!!
Free Disney Dining Plan!
$400 free Disney Gift card!

I WAS FREAKING OUT!

Without further adieu….

I present to you….

“I’m SO excited I could CRY! A Polynesian Adventure!! July 2013!”

Ahhhh Frankie! I'm so excited you're doing a TR! You know I'm in for the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Chapter 1: The Journey!

Having booked this trip 390 days in advance you can imagine I was very excited once my countdown hit 1. :hyper:

I packed last minute the night before I didn’t exactly get the early night my Mum had in mind for me. I would think it was at least 1am before I put my phone down and attempted to sleep.

After what felt like 5 minutes of sleep I was being woken up by my Mum at 5.30am. I showered and got ready as quickly as possible whilst being that tired.

I tweeted:
IT'S HAPPENING! I'm up and getting ready for disney!!! IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

We hopped in the car and headed out to Gatwick Airport! The conversation in the car was obviously Disney related but clearly my parents and I were not on the same page…

I tweeted:
Many differences in mine and my parents priorities! Them: worrying about jet lag. Me: worrying about what to order at Kona!

We checked in nice and smoothly, grabbed some Costa Coffee breakfast and tried to be patient whilst waiting for our flight! Tally and I played a wonderfully addictive game called Little Things.

Our flight was finally called so we walked (I was totally skipping) to the gate! Tally and I continued to play Little Things when my dad was called up to the desk to talk to an employee. He came back as they asked him to get our passports?! Turns out a family who were in the exit row had a child under 16 (maybe 18) so couldn’t sit there, therefore they asked us to move to their seats!

Now here is where things start to get interesting…popcorn::

What you may not know about me is that I’m VERY afraid of flying. Everything about it scares me and its only getting worse! I literally sit there with the feeling of “im going to die” the WHOLE time. Turbulence makes me cry instantly! WHO WANTS TO COME ON A PLANE WITH ME? No one? Good choice! :thumbsup2

I shall set the scene for you..big plane with 2 seats, aisle, 4 seats, aisle, 2 seats. Those 4 seats were us! The only thing that gets me through flying is being sat next to the window, for some reason I would like to see my doom. Being in those 4 seats in the middle next to the doors meant I could not see out of the window. Not an issue currently, but it would be!

I tried to pretend I was happy to be there..

I tweeted:
On the plane to DISNEY WORLD ✈

I shall speed up through the non exciting part…we took off, I watched a few movies (Oz, Wreck it Ralph and Identity Thief). I took some very interesting pictures to try and keep myself amused.

(That is not a window that I could use to assure myself, it was a tiny hole that I couldn't see out of)

HALF WAY THERE!

Finally we were getting ready for Landing. So far the flight had been uneventful (meaning no tears). Time for landing!!

As we were starting to land I was awkwardly trying to look out the window behind us as I really needed to see what was occurring. Out of the right window was sunny skies, the left window evil grey clouds and nothingness.

Before I knew it people were talking about the big grey cloud and the typical florida rain that suddenly appeared out of nowhere! I was already gripping on to my mums arm as I obviously do not enjoy landing.

Just as we were literally about to touch our wheels to the floor the plane suddenly roared back to life as we took back off. The pilot could not see the runway due to the rain so aborted the landing at around 50ft. You can imagine that I was a complete wreck. A lot of crying mixed with mini screams occurred. It was hands down the most terrifying experience of my entire life. The air stewardesses sitting opposite us were trying to calm me down but it was NOT working. I was FREAKING out. :scared::scared::scared:

The second landing 10 minutes later was much smoother, but I did not stop crying all the way till we were safely down on the ground.

I finally cheered up once we were inside the terminal because I WAS IN ORLANDO!!:cool1:

Whilst waiting for customs the airport was kindly playing the music to Illuminations which just increased the excitement EVEN MORE!! :hyper:

AHH NEW FANTASYLAND! :love:

It was time to board the Fake-O-Rail to our wonderful destination…the magical express!!

You wouldn’t be able to tell I was crying…Disney magic! :rotfl2:

Up next! Magical express and Checking in!!

Continued in next post!

Following along! :)

Thank you!! :)

WOOHOO!
Can't wait! :cool1:

WOOP! Can't wait for you to get yours up now!! :)

Joining! Very excited for this TR - love the Poly!

Thank you!! ME TOO! :hippie:

Ahhhh Frankie! I'm so excited you're doing a TR! You know I'm in for the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

YAYAY! Thanks girl!!! I have one for DLP going right now but SO excited to be doing a WDW one!! :)

Following along!

I have that same shirt as you have in your Epcot family photo (as I'm sure many people on the Dis do)! It's my favorite shirt I own hahaha but I'm a guy so I had to double check that I wasn't wearing a girl's shirt :rotfl2:

I completely understand the flying! My sister is the same way with needing to sit by the window and freaking out at any turbulence!

I am in! Subscribing now so I can read your intro and first chapters while I'm on my flight to Disney World in less than 48 hours, ahhhh! I follow you on twitter (dani_maroo) and obviously want to read along!

I probably won't be commenting for a while since we'll be in WDW for 11 days, but I am definitely reading along!

OMG!! I totally would have freaked out on the plane. I am terrified at taking off and landing:worship: Glad you made it safely! Can't wait to read more!

Following along!

I have that same shirt as you have in your Epcot family photo (as I'm sure many people on the Dis do)! It's my favorite shirt I own hahaha but I'm a guy so I had to double check that I wasn't wearing a girl's shirt :rotfl2:

I completely understand the flying! My sister is the same way with needing to sit by the window and freaking out at any turbulence!

AHH yay! I love it, it's such a good shirt!! It totally works for guys and gals!!! Thanks for reading!!

I am in! Subscribing now so I can read your intro and first chapters while I'm on my flight to Disney World in less than 48 hours, ahhhh! I follow you on twitter (dani_maroo) and obviously want to read along!

I probably won't be commenting for a while since we'll be in WDW for 11 days, but I am definitely reading along!

YAY! OMG AH have an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!! :) :)

OMG!! I totally would have freaked out on the plane. I am terrified at taking off and landing:worship: Glad you made it safely! Can't wait to read more!

Ah i'm glad I wasn't the only one who would have!! Thank you!! I can't wait to write more! :)

Hey Frankie!! So excited to read about all of your adventures!!! Having met you during this trip makes it even more fun to read this haha :)

SIXTEEN NIGHTS AT THE POLY!?! I would cry too.
I think that is my moms reasoning as well for why she needs the window seat... :eek:

DUDE I would freak out too if the plane suddenly decided to take off again while we were landing :scared: BUT you made it to MCO!

I'm here! Joining in! Aww, poor you Frankie! I am sorry you had to deal with crazy Florida rain while on the plane. Pretty sure my mom and you would make for an interesting flight. Can't wait to read about the rest of your 16 DAYS AT THE POLY! :mickeyjum

YAY I AM HERE!!! I am totally calling you Chessie from now on. The Parent Trap is like my favorite movie so yeah. I am so excited to read this!!! Also, I would cry at the landing too. No me gusta.:scared:

Hey Frankie!! So excited to read about all of your adventures!!! Having met you during this trip makes it even more fun to read this haha :)

COURTNEY! How did I not realise you had disboards?! YES!! You will play a starring role in this TR! :) Miss you!

SIXTEEN NIGHTS AT THE POLY!?! I would cry too.
I think that is my moms reasoning as well for why she needs the window seat... :eek:

DUDE I would freak out too if the plane suddenly decided to take off again while we were landing :scared: BUT you made it to MCO!

I KNOW!! :eek: I was freaking out about that! Never been in WDW for so long! Let alone in the POLY!

Right! Flying is TERRIFYING! I don't understand why anyone would enjoy it! I go on planes all the time and used to like it but suddenly turned to HATE! :confused3 I DID!! Excited to get into the disney stuff!

I'm here! Joining in! Aww, poor you Frankie! I am sorry you had to deal with crazy Florida rain while on the plane. Pretty sure my mom and you would make for an interesting flight. Can't wait to read about the rest of your 16 DAYS AT THE POLY! :mickeyjum

YAY! Thank you!! Ahh bless you! Hahaha it doesn't sound like we would be the best passengers ever. Flying is just TOO terrifying! YES! OMG AHH!!

YAY I AM HERE!!! I am totally calling you Chessie from now on. The Parent Trap is like my favorite movie so yeah. I am so excited to read this!!! Also, I would cry at the landing too. No me gusta.:scared:

YAYAY! :) That is PERFECT! MINE TOO! However I was absolutely crushed when I realised they were both played by Lindsay Lohan, i genuinely thought it was two people! :confused3 I can still do their handshake from the movie!
I can imagine! I didn't understand how my family were so calm, the woman in the other aisle was the same as me!!

I can totally relate to your sister as when I was younger my sister was always thought of as the older one and I hated it :rotfl2:

Your landing sounded very scary, I hate flying more each time I do it too :sad2:

I was thinking our next trip when my DD's will be 16 & 18 could be our last family trip but doubt it will be :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter