Hypothetical How Would You Feel If Disneyland Reopens With These Restrictions

Maybe we should start a "fear of covid shame" support group, lol.

I actually texted one of my coworkers for a gut check on how mad she thinks everyone would be at me. She said to live my life and go :)

But I'm still thinking/freaking out/changing my mind every ten minutes.

The day they announced reopening, I literally went around my entire office and work area going “HEY GUYS HEY GUYS HEY GUYS DISNEYLAND IS REOPENING!”

Then I blocked off the weekend/added it to my Outlook calendar for everyone to see.

If you’re gonna own it, own it! No ragrets. None.

One year later and Disneyland has reopened and yes I called it in the first post. Everything I suggested is what Disneyland is now doing. Its interesting reading the comments from 1 year ago and how many people didn't think what I suggested would actually happen.

I have a trip scheduled for mid Sept with my 10 year old son for his birthday. He's been looking forward to this for a long time and when we discussed maybe having to wait until January, he was so bummed. I told him the parks were opening and he was thrilled. Trip is on! Then I told him about masks and he said he didn’t want to go and wanted to wait until Jan. I was shocked. He wears his mask here at home without any fuss. He has to wear it in and out of swim practice and has worn it a few times to the store. I pointed Out we may still have to wear them in Jan so he’s thinking about it. I’d never give him this much say in a whole family trip, but since it’s just us, he can decide.

The fear of Covid shame is real here too. I’m a first grade teacher and wI’ll need to take a day off. And then two days off at Thanksgiving if our cruise sails! I’m going to try to keep it mums.
My reply 🤣 Spoiler alert past self.... you won’t be going in September, cruising in Nov, DL in January or April and the family May trip is now resort only.

But for our now 11th birthday trip, my son has zero issues with wearing a mask. Funny what a year of wearing in all day at school will do! If we still can’t get in to DL, we are going to Florida. The trip is happening one way or another!

One year later and Disneyland has reopened and yes I called it in the first post. Everything I suggested is what Disneyland is now doing. Its interesting reading the comments from 1 year ago and how many people didn't think what I suggested would actually happen.
Yeah, the first few pages of this are tragically entertaining a year later...

Well, mostly everything. You went a bit too far with the gloves and really missed
i highly doubt the avid disney world visitors would comply with these policies
Never underestimate an avid Disneyphile. :mickeyjum::MinnieMo:goofy::tink:

Definitely interesting to read. Especially the first few pages. I am sure if you told us a year ago Disneyland would be closed 412 days that none of us would have believed you. And looking back at what I said, it is pretty true. Would go to Disneyland with restrictions since I am local. Ended up cancelling WDW in September for a combo of reasons (mostly not feeling comfortable going). But I did go all the way to WDW in March even with the restrictions as I just needed some Disney in my life at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter