Hyperspace Mountain last day is Jan 6

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I just randomly looked and found out the last day for Hyperspace Mountain is January 6 and it’s closing for a single day on January 7. Our trip starts January 15th. This is the 3rd time we’ve missed HSM by just a week or two 😢😢😢

Thanks for the heads up! Our first park day is Jan. 8th so I wouldn't have even realized. Fingers crossed that that's the end of refurbs for that week!

Darn it, I was really hoping they would keep it through May 4th. :( looks like we’ll need to squeeze in one last day to ride it.

I will miss HSM. It's my favorite version of SM.

I was really surprised and disappointed by Hyperspace mountain just because the music and talking didn't seem to match up well with the motion of the ride for me... it was like watching a group swing dance to a rap song, all the timing just didn't seem to work. The discongruity really took away from my enjoyment.

I'm ecstatic! I've never tried the DLR version of the attraction but I am fed up with the DLP version (which we have had for almost 2 years solid now)
The regular score is iconic!

Agree 100% I hate ours in DLP, I am holding out hope that when they finally ditch it we get the amazing from the earth to the moon original back.

Very happy to see OG space return for my trip to Anaheim in Feb :)

Count me in the happy camp. I love regular Space and am looking forward to it being there when I ride in February.

HSM is nice but it felt like it overstayed it’s welcome for me.

Bummer. I was hoping with RotR opening, it would be extended just a bit longer so my DH could see it... but I am sort of excited to see plain old Space Mt. for the first time at DL too.

I agree that regular SM is amazing and HSM shouldn’t be there ALL the time. But we did get to do HSM in 2016 and we LOVED it and it’s just really annoying because HSM left late May 2017 and we went mid June 2017, we went late April 2019 and it literally came back less than a week after we left, and now we’re going the week after it leaves in January. I love regular SM but this will be the 5th trip in the last 3 years with it there 😢😢😢

Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one. Hyperspace Mountain isn't as good as the classic to me - I really don't think the overlays work well there. Even Ghost Galaxy - which I like a lot conceptually - falls flat for me. OP, you won't be missing much in my opinion.

I was surprised by all the “radio chatter”. I think I would like HSM better if it was just a score - by the second time I rode it I was kind of annoyed by all the talking. I’m ready for the regular version to return. But then, since I live on the east coast, I guess I’m just living vicariously through you guys, anyway. Sigh, our June trip was soooooo good.

And yes, I did get to ride the original a few years ago, by the way.

Last edited:
I’m a huge Star Wars nerd and while I enjoyed HSM, I was disappointed to see its still up! We were last there in August and coming back today (!!) and was bummed to find out we won’t get to ride the original. That’s a pretty long overlay. Oh well- it’s still fun but nothing can beat that original nostalgia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter