HydroGuy's World of Color Review

They had lobster last July for AG WOC dinner. Maybe they changed? I have not checked.

As for how early to arrive for WOC, the answer depends a lot on your priorities.

IMO if you wait until 60 minutes before the show starts to get in line (which is when the FP says to come) you are risking not getting the best WOC spot. Some people are OK with that. Might 60 minutes work out OK? Yes, it might. If you arrive 90 minutes early you may be a little too early but that is much better than being a little too late. So I recommend showing up 90 minutes before the show. Then if you leave 90 minutes for a relaxing dinner (which itself may only take 60-75 minutes - depends on how fast they seat you , how big your group is, etc.) then you will be good. And your dinner res should be 3 hours before the show starts.

My personal WOC experience is now about 7 months old. Last I was there was September. I think it is still up-to-date from what I read, so others may contribute a different opinion. I plan to see WOC again in June and August. I usually do not make two trips to SoCal/DLR in a summer but this summer is unusual because my high school class is having a 30-year reunion. But please don't tell anybody I am that old! :laughing:

I did know they had lobster...I love lobster, one of the reasons for dining on surf and turf at BB.

Jack

When you do a world of color fast pass, is each machine a designated color or do they go in a certain order? For instance, I would like to be in the blue section this time. Is there a blue fast pass machine or are those the passes thatbare distributed first? TIA.

When you do a world of color fast pass, is each machine a designated color or do they go in a certain order? For instance, I would like to be in the blue section this time. Is there a blue fast pass machine or are those the passes thatbare distributed first? TIA.

Fastpasses are distributed in order:
1st show: Blue - Yellow - Red
2nd show: Blue - Yellow - Red

Current times, on a normal busy day.
1st show
9:00 - 10:15 Blue
10:15 - 10:40 Yellow
10:40 - 1:00 Red

In late April the 1st show should run out about 11:00 and the 2nd on a busy day about 1:00pm. On very slow days (not likely after April) fastpasses are available until late afternoon.

Estimate: on any busy day, whether there are one or two shows, you should plan to get fastpasses before 1:00pm.

Ps... It is easy to talk to the beligered WOC Fastpass cast members. Just ask when they estimate when they will change shows. They are very nice and not used to be addressed politely.

UPDATE: Wait times to get a WOC Fastpass at GRR are less than 5 minutes.
Approx 2nd Show fastpass times, Busy due to Spring Break.
1:05 - 1:55 Blue
1:55 - 2:20 Yellow
2:20 - ?..... Red ...........................

If you want to be sure to get 1st show Blue you need to get to the GRR Fastpass machines before 9:50.
They open the Cal Adventure gates at 9:30. It is not too difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!