Hyatt MCO Family Plan

mdinowitz

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. I haven't seen this mentioned on this board before so I thought that I would pass the info along. We just booked the Hyatt MCO for before and after our upcoming cruise and we were able to get a second adjoining room for the kids for half price (half of the Hyatt daily rate). You need to ask for the family rate. We were still able to use our AAA bed and breakfast rate for the first room ($134 including breakfast for 2 adults), and got the kids room for $74. This cannot be booked online, only over the phone.

I've gotten so much excellent advice from reading these boards, so hope that this helps someone planning out there!

I am batting zero with Hyatt MCO this time around-I have 3 rooms that I booked a while back- $279/$229/$229-ouch!

Called about above deal-nope, limted availability on our date.

Have been trying for Stay certificates too- none available for my dates,AAA or senior citizens for my parents either!!!

Linda

They do mention it on their website. I thought that was only for when immediate family needs 2 rooms such as families with 3 or more children. I never thought to get one for us & one for my extended family/friends/parents.

They do mention it on their website. I thought that was only for when immediate family needs 2 rooms such as families with 3 or more children. I never thought to get one for us & one for my extended family/friends/parents.

We did book it for our immediate family. 2 adults in one room with a king adjoined to 3 kids in one room with 2 doubles. I'm not sure if they would do it for 2 rooms of adults, I didn't ask. For our family it works out really well since we have 3 kids and exceed the room capacity for one room. Another option that we had been looking at was one room (sleeps up to 6) at the Hyatt Place just outside the airport- AAA rate was $89 including breakfast.

We did book it for our immediate family. 2 adults in one room with a king adjoined to 3 kids in one room with 2 doubles. I'm not sure if they would do it for 2 rooms of adults, I didn't ask. For our family it works out really well since we have 3 kids and exceed the room capacity for one room. Another option that we had been looking at was one room (sleeps up to 6) at the Hyatt Place just outside the airport- AAA rate was $89 including breakfast.

That is a great deal for a large family. My good friend that we travel with has 3 kids and traveling is just not set up for families with 3+ kids. She ends up paying a lot more for her vacations than we do for that 1 more child.

Hi
What are your dates? Did you just call now,right to the hotel? I am going to try it.

Linda

Our dates are 8/17 and 8/25 (before and after cruise). It sounds like you might be travelling at a busier time than us because the hyatt base rate for our dates was only $149. Have you tried looking at one of the hotels just outside of the airport? They all have complimentary shuttles and tend to be considerably less $$ during busy travel times.

JMHO, but I would not be delighted over it. We have flown in same day in the past. Our luggage was delayed causing us so much stress & reluctance to leave the airport. We ended up waiting for the next flight from Philly to arrive to get our bags. We were cranky & falling asleep by dinner from having to wake up so early. I'd rather pay the extra $$ and get a good night's sleep.

Stay certificates used to expire but now they don't. You might want to just save it for future use. Prices only go up.

Sorry, we are flying in the day before but originally we were going to arrive at 9:00 pm the night before the cruise which is why we booked the Hyatt MCO. Now we are arriving the day before in the morning so we are going to go straight to Port Canaveral and stay there closer to the port instead. We are flying in from Canada and at that time of year I would never chance same day arrival.

We are paying for convienence now.We all took a vote and decided to stay put. My parents especially now would rather just stay here.

Linda

We are paying for convienence now.We all took a vote and decided to stay put. My parents especially now would rather just stay here.

Linda

My parents often sail with us (sometimes in laws too) and it's worth it to not have to drag them around & their bags too.

Hello everyone. I haven't seen this mentioned on this board before so I thought that I would pass the info along. We just booked the Hyatt MCO for before and after our upcoming cruise and we were able to get a second adjoining room for the kids for half price (half of the Hyatt daily rate). You need to ask for the family rate. We were still able to use our AAA bed and breakfast rate for the first room ($134 including breakfast for 2 adults), and got the kids room for $74. This cannot be booked online, only over the phone.

I've gotten so much excellent advice from reading these boards, so hope that this helps someone planning out there!

I just called and booked this for our cruise in March. We don't have AAA but MIL does have AARP, which gets 10% discount. Our rate was bit higher, but we did get the discount on the second room. Also, we booked it with 4 adults and 4 children in double beds. Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter